HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v6

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Smokey Thompson

vCash: 500
I wonder if Markov could land something like Etem + a pick ? With souray out for the year the Ducks might bite...

Old
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poytri View Post
Not agreeing with you there, Markov is still a pretty good dman.

However I'm with you in saying we should consider moving him on the deadline, as he could fetch us couple of good prospects/picks, along with Gio, Bourque/Brière.

We're still in rebuild, last year was a fluke.
Last year was a fluke, indeed. The last 10 games and the Playoffs showed it very well. Plus they had the luck to have two brand new productive kids in the line up

Old
01-20-2014, 03:18 PM
firewagon77*

How many stanley cups has Markov helped Montreal win in his prime answer...0.......how many norris trophies has Markov been nominated for in his prime answer...0...Markov is looking for the same 4 year deal Mark Streit got just trade him a build with your young core,Bergevin say's he wants to build through the draft he is a liar,also trade Alexei Emelin he is about as good as Gilles Lipuien.

Old
01-20-2014, 03:20 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to WhatJustHappened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Having a young defense is how you give up a pile of goals not get better. Defense is a position that takes a long time to develop and mobility is but a very small part.

Not sure where you get that Markov has really bad knees, he hasn't missed a game the last 2 years. Maybe you should do some reasrearch on ACL injuries and surgery. His skating is better than it was at midseason last year....and to say he is way past his prime is simply not having a clue.

Has he lost a step or half step? Sure, but he is still in the top 10% of NHL d-men, if you let him walk you create a hole that won't be filled any time soon. Lidstrom played 10 years past his prime and he was still a very effective player, Markov plays a similar style game.

If this team has problems it's been Briere Eller Bourque Desharnais(first 5-6 weeks) and Emelin(coming back from suergery), not Markov.
So the new prime is 34 got it, thanks for the clarification. Thank god we have a scout on this board so we can get some reality checking up in here.

Markov is not even half the player Lidstrom was at the same age, there's a reason why he's regarded as one of the best dmen ever.

So I guess a young player didn't step in to fill a whole that Markov left for 2 years. Thank god we had vets fill that position.

Old
01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by poytri View Post
Not agreeing with you there, Markov is still a pretty good dman.

However I'm with you in saying we should consider moving him on the deadline, as he could fetch us couple of good prospects/picks, along with Gio, Bourque/Brière.

We're still in rebuild, last year was a fluke.
I never said he wasn't a good dman, I'm saying he hasn't changed his style at all based on the fact he has lost his mobility to play the same way.

He needs to play more conservative and not pinch 9 times a game. He needs to be the defensive back bone of this club and let Subban become the offensive dman that he should be (mind that's on coaching staff).

I still don't think have a defensive core with the avg age of 30+ a wise decision when only 1 guy can ACTUALLY skate.

Klein from Nashville would do wonders for this team.

Old
01-20-2014, 03:26 PM
firewagon77*

Bergevin why did you not buy out Rene Bourque in the off season,you could have traded Kaberle over to Europe the same way Chicago did to get rid of Cristobal Huet's 5.7 million dollar contract when they traded him to the swiss league.

Old
01-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Marc-E-

Don't shoot me, but the Caps put the big Steven Oleksy on waivers. He's a righty dman and has decent numbers. I know we've plenty of guys but he's tall and big. What do you think?

Old
01-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
Bergevin why did you not buy out Rene Bourque in the off season,you could have traded Kaberle over to Europe the same way Chicago did to get rid of Cristobal Huet's 5.7 million dollar contract when they traded him to the swiss league.
Blaming Bergevin for not doing something that isn't allowed anymore under the new CBA

wake up MB!

Old
01-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Garry Valk

What about Gorges and a pick for Yakupov? Would Edmonton bite?

Old
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Nitehowl

Simon Depres

Just read this on an EDM website....

Penguins defenceman Simon Despres, once a first-round draft pick, is so deep in the doghouse at Pittsburgh that he’s available to one and all, probably for a rental winger. “He’d be a 5-6 guy on most teams,” said one NHL bird-dog.

If you read the PITT board he is a #1 dman that should fetch a huge return...LOL

Old
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Don't shoot me, but the Caps put the big Steven Oleksy on waivers. He's a righty dman and has decent numbers. I know we've plenty of guys but he's tall and big. What do you think?
Oleksy is not tall or big, however he is physical. I'd give it a shot, but something would have to give with all the other fringe NHL dmen the habs have

Old
01-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Oleksy is not tall or big, however he is physical. I'd give it a shot, but something would have to give with all the other fringe NHL dmen the habs have
How about Jannsen? probably better than Parros...........

Old
01-20-2014, 04:14 PM
shutehinside

I'd have no problem trading Markov at this point.

He has 3 or 4 years left in the tank and they won't be as good as the last 3 or 4 years.

If we can get some good young player(s) in return that can help us for the next 10-12 years then you have have to take a look at it.

Old
01-20-2014, 04:32 PM
S Bah

Apparently Anaheim was going to offer the NYR's Luca Sbisa LD, Sheldon Souray LD and their two 1st round picks (Ana's 1st & Ott's 1st from the Ryan trade) for Dan Girardi. Just a thought, maybe Anaheim would trade Sbisa and the two 1st round picks for Gorges, he can play either RD or LD. Gorges and Girardi's defensive games are similar and they are both 29 yrs. old.

This move giving the Habs three 1st round picks in 2014, Sbisa a LD with 5yrs. NHL exp. and would make room for one of Tinordi, Beaulieu or Pateryn to move up next season. With 3, 1st round picks in 2014 the Habs would have Ottawa's (11th), Habs (19th) and Anaheim's (29th) as NJD's forfeit their pick this year.

The Habs could draft a Center - Barbashev, LW - Ritchie and a RW - Alex Tuch or a RD - Roland McKeown or some combination that will enrich the prospect depth greatly. Worthy
of some consideration IMO, as I don't see the Habs being strong enough to win the SC and Anaheim obviously are going all in, Selanne's last season and their team is firing on all cylinders.

The Anaheim offer was on the TSN trade center board today.

Last edited by S Bah: 01-20-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old
01-20-2014, 04:35 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Can't understand how HF vets still don't understand that we're not allowed to post rumor monger stuff here. It's not a new rule.

Old
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Apparently Anaheim was going to offer the NYR's Luca Sbisa LD, Sheldon Souray LD and their two 1st round picks (Ana's 1st & Ott's 1st from the Ryan trade) for Dan Girardi. Just a thought, maybe Anaheim would trade Sbisa and the two 1st round picks for Gorges, he can play either RD or LD. Gorges and Girardi's defensive games are similar and they are both 29 yrs. old.

This move giving the Habs three 1st round picks in 2014, Sbisa a LD with 5yrs. NHL exp. and would make room for one of Tinordi, Beaulieu or Pateryn to move up next season. With 3, 1st round picks in 2014 the Habs would have Ottawa's (11th), Habs (19th) and Anaheim's (29th) as NJD's forfeit their pick this year.

The Habs could draft a Center - Barbashev, LW - Ritchie and a RW - Alex Tuch or a RD - Roland McKeown or some combination that will enrich the prospect depth greatly. Worthy
of some consideration IMO, as I don't see the Habs being strong enough to win the SC and Anaheim obviously are going all in, Selanne's last season and their team is firing on all cylinders.
Are you saying Gorges = Girardi?

What is that flavour of koolaid you are drinking?

Old
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Can't understand how HF vets still don't understand that we're not allowed to post rumor monger stuff here. It's not a new rule.

...have some fun, ol' fella!!...UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS!!...

Old
01-20-2014, 04:40 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post

...have some fun, ol' fella!!...UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS!!...
The fun never stops.

Old
01-20-2014, 04:42 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Are you saying Gorges = Girardi?

What is that flavour of koolaid you are drinking?
Usually the electric brand, how about you?

Old
01-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Blaming Bergevin for not doing something that isn't allowed anymore under the new CBA

wake up MB!
Also, I'd like to point out how much of a ******* move that was. He signed an NHL contract and he was shipped off to another country. A team that does that gets a bad reputation.

The Rangers have gotten a bad reputation amongst free agents because of how they handle contracts they don't want anymore. Montreal isn't one of those teams. And the way we handled our bad contracts was done professionally. Players don't mind a buy-out, but they do mind being stuffed in the minors.

Old
01-20-2014, 05:15 PM
poytri

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post

For Gorges/Markov, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old
01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
gusfring

If I got a good offer I would move Markov.

Old
01-20-2014, 06:36 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
You would eh !

Old
01-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Runner77

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
That's the kind of move you make when you have a no. 3 ready to step up and take no. 2 responsibilities. Who takes Markov's place if he's traded?

This is why his loss would leave too much of a gaping hole. We should see a prequel trade where we can at least soft land if Markov leaves.

Old
01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Can he play hockey?

Closed Thread