HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v6

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Yes great idea, then we can have all our centers under 5 foot 9 LOL
Not that I think we should or shouldn't do it...I don't see Winnipeg trading Kane for a center with Little and Scheifele there. They'd want a stud d-man or another winger.

Old
01-17-2014, 02:40 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Seems a lot for a player who has to be qualify at something like 6+. Hard call here.
Maybe Winnipeg would trade Kane for O'Reilley ? They seem like a perfect fit for each club.

Old
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
Maybe Winnipeg would trade Kane for O'Reilley ? They seem like a perfect fit for each club.
O'reilly is more a character guy, Kane has more skill.

Kane has a much better contract though, doubt Winnipeg would do it.

Old
01-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Slashers98

What are the Missing Pieces For the Montreal Canadiens?

Old
01-17-2014, 04:49 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
Bit of a moot question with the Habs playing so poorly since November. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a temporary slump; their longstanding bad play has simply been catching up to them now that Price isn't superhuman every game. So unless they change their tactics and personnel deployment, they have to consider themselves a non-playoff team (even if they've got too much of a lead to fall out) and shouldn't be trying to rent players for a run, and instead plan for next year.

That said, if they need anything it's the same thing they've needed in the off-season: a quality RD who can play 5-on-5 effectively, who could push Emelin to the left side and Bouillon and Murray out of the lineup. They can upgrade in several places (some of their top-9 forwards could stand to be upgraded), but that is the major need.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
From the above:

Quote:
...and I don`t want to see a short-sighted move that jeopardizes what this team could be a few years down the road.
A nice thought but nothing to worry about, given all the reports we've seen about Bergevin's intention to stay the course and not jeopardize the team's future.

Old
01-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

We need a top 4 d man, preferably to partner with PK. The last game hopefully woke up management to that reality.

I'd prefer a trade like Pacioretty for Murray (CLB) or OEL (PHO). It would hurt us upfront but we aren't going anywhere without an improvement on the backend. If that isn't in the cards, a reasonable second choice would be Myers or even Byfuglien.

But you guys go on dreaming about trading D for forwards. Out.

Old
01-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
We need a top 4 d man, preferably to partner with PK. The last game hopefully woke up management to that reality.

I'd prefer a trade like Pacioretty for Murray (CLB) or OEL (PHO). It would hurt us upfront but we aren't going anywhere without an improvement on the backend. If that isn't in the cards, a reasonable second choice would be Myers or even Byfuglien.

Who scores up front without Pacioretty?

Old
01-18-2014, 10:01 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
From the above:

A nice thought but nothing to worry about, given all the reports we've seen about Bergevin's intention to stay the course and not jeopardize the team's future.
I'm tired of this crap... this team doesn't jeopardize the future, never did and as long as we suck it seems never will. In the last 13 years, they traded away only 1 first round pick. Since 1980, only twice did the habs didn't have a 1st round draft pick.

If we're going to be a winner one day we need to trade for superior players all winning team does it.

If we stay the course and don't "jeopardize" the future, we'll just keep on being a bubble team fighting for a playoff place and never win anything. You need to trade young assets in order to get better, but you also need to be smart about it... that's what separate great GM from bad ones... MG, Gainey, Gauthier... were just ordinary GMs.

Old
01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Marc-E-

I think the Habs are a bit far to be a contender. They need a legit no.1 Center (Could turn in Galchenyuk) also a top 4 RHD and a solid winger. This is 3 key pieces. People will agree that the Habs won't win a cup with Desharnais/Plekanec/Eller as centers. All contenders are solid down the middle; have a solid top 4 in defense; have at least 4 good wingers; have sand paper; and most important a good goalie . I would like to see MB improve at least two of the 3 key pieces that we've lacking next summer. I don't know if it's possible, but priority will be in the backend and at C position IMO.

Old
01-18-2014, 10:14 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'm tired of this crap... this team doesn't jeopardize the future, never did and as long as we suck it seems never will. In the last 13 years, they traded away only 1 first round pick. Since 1980, only twice did the habs didn't have a 1st round draft pick.

If we're going to be a winner one day we need to trade for superior players all winning team does it.

If we stay the course and don't "jeopardize" the future, we'll just keep on being a bubble team fighting for a playoff place and never win anything. You need to trade young assets in order to get better, but you also need to be smart about it... that's what separate great GM from bad ones... MG, Gainey, Gauthier... were just ordinary GMs.
Exactly. It's silly to think the Habs would "jeopardize" their future by trading for a 28 year old Byfuglien, for example. Or break the bank for 22 year old Evander Kane. Just don't trade for aging mediocre players with bloated contracts, like Gomez. These are things that hurt teams.

Old
01-18-2014, 05:04 PM
AmeriHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
I think the Habs are a bit far to be a contender. They need a legit no.1 Center (Could turn in Galchenyuk) also a top 4 RHD and a solid winger. This is 3 key pieces. People will agree that the Habs won't win a cup with Desharnais/Plekanec/Eller as centers. All contenders are solid down the middle; have a solid top 4 in defense; have at least 4 good wingers; have sand paper; and most important a good goalie . I would like to see MB improve at least two of the 3 key pieces that we've lacking next summer. I don't know if it's possible, but priority will be in the backend and at C position IMO.
I think by next summer, our biggest issue is our wingers. We need to move Chucky to C to develop into that #1 but already have Pleky Eller DD (or even Briere). If we can get legitimate wingers aside from patches and Gallagher.. Briere and Gio aren't top 6 guys offensively anymore nor do they have size to be grinders. Would like to see Gorges traded to fill one of those needs before he declines much more from taking so many shots

Old
01-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Who scores up front without Pacioretty?
If we don't fix the D, who cares? As more teams game plan to exploit our D's weaknesses, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

To answer your question, make other trades, look at UFA's.

Trading Borque or Briere probably won't get a top d-men, Pacioretty is probably the only forward (other then Galchenyuk) that will get us a decent d-man in trade.

Old
01-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Drive425

Quote:
If we don't fix the D, who cares? As more teams game plan to exploit our D's weaknesses, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

To answer your question, make other trades, look at UFA's.

Trading Borque or Briere probably won't get a top d-men, Pacioretty is probably the only forward (other then Galchenyuk) that will get us a decent d-man in trade.
So fill a hole, make a hole.

Sorry that makes no sense. Pac is on a very reasonable deal and is our best sniper. Why in the world would we trade this guy? You want dmen?
Sign UFA's in the offseason.

Old
01-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Rosso Scuderia

I have always beena fan of Gorges but we need to trade him before he gets untradeable. His game has gone downhill in the past year. I dont think he can get better at this point. I think he still have a good reputation league wise so I hope MB will make something happen before its too late.

Old
01-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

4th for Chris Thorburn.

Then we piss White/Parros/both away somewhere.

I'd say Thorburn is close to White in terms of defensive play. Slight better in offensively play and significantly better in fighting.

Old
01-19-2014, 10:14 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Would you guys take back Mike Cammalleri?

Old
01-19-2014, 10:28 AM
BigHabs

I think this year would be good to take on UFA's teams don't want, so they can get better.

I think we should be moving:

Diaz
Parros
White
Murray
Bouillon
Gionta
Markov

I know we won't move all of them but most of them should go.

Then cap tight teams with UFA's they want to get rid of to bring in other big names we come in and take them with some add on's.

We have around 9mill in cap space with the LTIR at the deadline.

Old
01-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs View Post
No ?

Would cost too much for 1 year.

Old
01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
So fill a hole, make a hole.

Sorry that makes no sense. Pac is on a very reasonable deal and is our best sniper. Why in the world would we trade this guy? You want dmen?
Sign UFA's in the offseason.
Have you watched us play lately? That's what makes no sense.

If you don't think we need some substantial improvements on D, there's not much more I can say.

My biggest concern is that we're losing the will to fight because I think we're very close to that point.

Old
01-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs View Post
Only if 'they' took back Bourque.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:12 AM
LePoche69

Given the defense poor play recently, and given that Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Beaulieu and Tinordi are all left D, I think that Bergevin should sacrifice Gorges, package him with a prospect, and get a top 4 right D.

Then next year, the d-group could look like:

Left D:
Markov
Emelin
winner of Beaulieu-Tinordi

RightD:
Subban
Top 4
winner of Diaz-Pateryn

Loser of Diaz-Pateryn becomes #7 D.
Loser of Beaulieu-Tinordi gets another half season in the AHL.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:

For Murray, no. For OEL, hell yes. That's terrible, just absolutely terrible for PHX.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Given the defense poor play recently, and given that Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Beaulieu and Tinordi are all left D, I think that Bergevin should sacrifice Gorges, package him with a prospect, and get a top 4 right D.

Then next year, the d-group could look like:

Left D:
Markov
Emelin
winner of Beaulieu-Tinordi

RightD:
Subban
Top 4
winner of Diaz-Pateryn

Loser of Diaz-Pateryn becomes #7 D.
Loser of Beaulieu-Tinordi gets another half season in the AHL.
If Gorges could actually yield a top 4 RHD you do it in a heart beat. Unfortunately for an actual different maker in that position we'd have to give up quite a bit more but I'd be willing to do it.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:38 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If Gorges could actually yield a top 4 RHD you do it in a heart beat. Unfortunately for an actual different maker in that position we'd have to give up quite a bit more but I'd be willing to do it.
You're right, that's why I suggested to package him with a prospect with some value. Fucale, Collberg, Hudon, come to mind. And even maybe an "ok" draft pick (like second or third round). I think it has to be done since there is no valuable RHD coming in the pipeline who'll be able to play top 4 minutes inside a 5 years plan.

Closed Thread