HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 46: Phoenix Coyotes @ St. Louis Blues 1/14/14| 6PM| FSNAZ

Old
01-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Mosby
Howl On

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised if Halpern is waived soon, maybe as soon as Z is ready to go (to clear an active roster space). It'll be quite telling if Halpern is scratched again next game.

Mosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
Laviolette.
Laviolette would be a total disaster here. His hiring would have to be followed by a massive roster turnover to play his style. No thanks.

Quote:
A loss is a loss. I don't take comfort from close losses.
I missed tonight's game, so I am going primarily off of comments from here.

I know you saw last night's game, I read all about it. After a debacle like that, showing up tonight and having a go is a little victory. It doesn't show up in the standings obviously; but losing to the Blues, your exemplar of what this team should be, by only one goal shows something about this team.

I remember reading a quote from Jacques Martin about digging a team out of a mess like the one the Coyotes are in; confidence shot, can't do the little things. To paraphrase, he said it takes baby steps; first, winning more shifts in a game than you lose and going from there. Do the little things right and the confidence will come back and the wins will come. This team had gotten away from that this season, it looks like turning the boat around may take some time.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:33 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
The only bad part of the Ribeiro signing was not also finding him a sidekick. He has managed to be productive so far this season while playing in a relative vacuum. He is a great set up man with no one to setup, I have no problems with Ribeiro.

I also like his interviews, he seems thoughtful and noncomplacent. I also gotta love his style, guy is 33 and he the way he wears his hats, as well as ripping the collar off his shirts; the guy kills me, love Ribeiro.

Halpern is signed to a two-way, he is a placeholder until something comes along, very low risk signing, not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.
This is a good post. Well said, drgregg.

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Desert Ice 11

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
The Owners its their money to make or to lose. I'm just a STH. But remember this. You heard it here first. If something doesn't change. The year after next Your going to start hearing those rumors. From QC or Seattle again. How much money is being lost here. Already $25.00 lower bowl weekday games?
It averages out with the sale of $25 upper bowl tickets, parking and sales of merchandise and concessions. Like a bunch of guys that are good at making money didn't think that out lol

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:34 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Maybe that's the point. Roster We have. Tippett love's this Roster. He seems so set to keep things the way they are. He will only bring up a rookie when he has to. And as soon as he can send Him right back down. Given the choice He take a 4 th liner. and Leave the rookies in Porland. How many times did Klinkhamer come up and go back down.
OK, which rookie forward in Portland is ready to make an impact?

Old
01-14-2014, 11:36 PM
AndrewYotes

WJf for Head Coach.

fallone for GM.

AndrewYotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:40 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Halpern is waived soon, maybe as soon as Z is ready to go (to clear an active roster space). It'll be quite telling if Halpern is scratched again next game.
What am I missing? Halpern has never not been a 4th liner for this team. Same as Bissonnette, Szwarz and Chipchura and the rest of the healthy scratch rotation. Why is Halpern getting waived?

If you're talking about sending him to Portland, there's nothing for him or Portland to gain from that. Portland sucks this year, they're one of the worst teams in the AHL, it's not like they're gearing up for an AHL playoff push.

If you're talking about just releasing him, why? You still have to pay him, and there's nobody in Portland who will better use his 6-10 minutes per game, is there?

I don't see any greater significance to Halpern getting scratched. Something needed to change, Tippett doesn't have the authority to make trades and Halpern is -- and always has been -- one of the healthy scratch candidates.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
WJf for Head Coach.

fallone for GM.
I think I would be more qualified. I have been a successful GM, Coach and Player..in the virtual NHL leagues that is presented by EA sports.

Old
01-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Fallenone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC96 View Post
OK, which rookie forward in Portland is ready to make an impact?
Who is making an impact on the Coyotes right now? We're Losing!!! With what's here.

Fallenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Who is making an impact on the Coyotes right now? We're Losing!!! With what's here.
You should just answer the question instead of side step it ask a question of your own.

Old
01-14-2014, 11:46 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Great logic, well thought-out.

Let's waive Chipchura, trade Moss, send Szwarz back down, waive Klesla, sign ...

http://www.sundevilhockey.com/DI/?page_id=7

... to PTO's and roll with that.

Dude, who do you want from Portland? Name names.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Fallenone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
It averages out with the sale of $25 upper bowl tickets, parking and sales of merchandise and concessions. Like a bunch of guys that are good at making money didn't think that out lol
If You selling tickets. You don't discount them. My understanding is parking goes to the city. And the only way the Team makes any money on any of that Stuff. Is if those ticket are bought in the first place. Empty seats mean no money from anything.

Fallenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:48 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
That doesn't necessarily mean that bringing up random AHL prospects is going to fix everything. Who's going to make an immediate impact, Lucas Lessio? Chris Brown? It's not like we have any forward prospects that have really forced their way onto the Phoenix roster this year.

Again, which forwards from Portland, do you feel are going to make an offensive impact immediately?

Old
01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
cobra427

Quote:
WJf for Head Coach.

fallone for GM.
I agree and fire everyone, trade everyone else!!!

cobra427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
What am I missing? Halpern has never not been a 4th liner for this team. Same as Bissonnette, Szwarz and Chipchura and the rest of the healthy scratch rotation. Why is Halpern getting waived?

If you're talking about sending him to Portland, there's nothing for him or Portland to gain from that. Portland sucks this year, they're one of the worst teams in the AHL, it's not like they're gearing up for an AHL playoff push.

If you're talking about just releasing him, why? You still have to pay him, and there's nobody in Portland who will better use his 6-10 minutes per game, is there?

I don't see any greater significance to Halpern getting scratched. Something needed to change, Tippett doesn't have the authority to make trades and Halpern is -- and always has been -- one of the healthy scratch candidates.
One thing you might be missing is that he's on a two way contract so you would pay him a lot less in Portland. I don't mind Halpern, he does what you can expect. Never more though. Very replacable.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
If You selling tickets. You don't discount them. My understanding is parking goes to the city. And the only way the Team makes any money on any of that Stuff. Is if those ticket are bought in the first place. Empty seats mean no money from anything.

Those butts needs transportation and place to park. Those butts need food and may even give into an impulse buy and get some team swag. Those butts in seats may want to go out to eat after the game or maybe they had some food before. Then those butts go home and talk about the game to friends. Oh yea, its limited to students. Those students tell friends and family about the great time they had at the game. So its revenue and plants seeds for future revenue.

Without those butts in seats there is parking spots wasted, food spoilage on top of revenue lost from not selling tickets.

Do you understand this?

Old
01-14-2014, 11:58 PM
cobra427

As a group, we needed to play better, and we did tonight. Halak was a little better then Smith, and that was the difference. I can't fault Smith for either goal, he was screened on one, the other was a rocket, and both were off the post. Smith made some excellent saves and did not give up any soft goals.

The Blues looked a little flat with their layoff and might have taken us lightly. The Coyotes played pretty hard in all 3 periods, like the desperate team that they are. We didn't get outplayed tonight for a change.

We need more of this from Smith and from the team, playing hard, no soft goals, 2 GA or less, and we will get points/have a chance to win.

Old
01-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Desert Ice 11

Halaks knob on his stick made a great save and the post helped out tonight as well. But overall Halak was good tonight.

Smith was better. I think he might be coming back to old form..or I just hope

Old
01-15-2014, 12:03 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Going forward:
Everyone keep the discussion based on the game and the usual roster banter. Keep the OT stuff out of it.

Thanks!

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 12:05 AM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
Halaks knob on his stick made a great save and the post helped out tonight as well. But overall Halak was good tonight.

Smith was better. I think he might be coming back to old form..or I just hope
I gave Halak the edge because of his stick knob

Old
01-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Mosby
Howl On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post

I'm looking at it from more of a roster space perspective. Halpern is among a group of guys, one of whom will need to clear way when Z is ready to return. (Though I stand corrected, he'd be demoted, not waived). Since he's on a two-way deal, his contract pays $75k to play in Portland. Halpern or the Pirates may not gain anything from him getting sent down, but the Coyotes do gain in the form of a roster space.

Mosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
I'm looking at it from more of a roster space perspective. Halpern is among a group of guys, one of whom will need to clear way when Z is ready to return. (Though I stand corrected, he'd be demoted, not waived). Since he's on a two-way deal, his contract pays $75k to play in Portland. Halpern or the Pirates may not gain anything from him getting sent down, but the Coyotes do gain in the form of a roster space.
So Kennedy > Halpern? I guess one played tonight and one didn't. Did like Chip on that line. And I was happy not to see what I like to call the boedker curl

Where Boedker skates fast from one end board down through both corners then ends up on the opposite side he started on..then throws a pass in the middle.

Ribs looked better but I wish he had a guy like TJ Oshie to throw the puck to.

Old
01-15-2014, 12:20 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC96 View Post
I don't understand how you think Laviolette will be an upgrade with the kind of roster we have. It makes no sense.
He knows how to manage and develop young players. He's won a Stanley Cup and has 2 division Championships.

Quote:
WJf for Head Coach.

fallone for GM.
I'll tell you what I'd do and you tell me if I'm crazy.

1. I'd waive Halpern and Schlemko

2. I would play Ribeiro 20min a game with real first line players. Make them earn their money. I would play Boedker 20min a game. He's ready. I would reduce Doan to 15-16min. He'd be more effective with less time.

3. I would dress Rundblad and play him 16-18min a game regardless of what he does until he learns to play both side of the ice.

4. I would bury Moss on the 3rd or 4th line. Permanently.

5. I would send Tim Kennedy back to the Sabres and put Korpi on the 2nd line and make him earn his money until Maloney has the balls to bring in a 2nd line scorer.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 12:24 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Stop quoting my entire ignore list, please. Thanks.

We got our ***** whipped. But we got whipped like an NHL team gets whipped. It was a normal human loss and not a complete **** storm of cluster ****s summoned from the underworld of ass hattery and dip ****titude. So that's a step in the right direction. If all of our losses were like this loss, I'd be less homicidal.

01-15-2014, 12:24 AM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
I'll tell you what I'd do and you tell me if I'm crazy.

1. I'd waive Halpern and Schlemko

2. I would play Ribeiro 20min a game with real first line players. Make them earn their money. I would play Boedker 20min a game. He's ready. I would reduce Doan to 15-16min. He'd be more effective with less time.

3. I would dress Rundblad and play him 16-18min a game regardless of what he does until he learns to play both side of the ice.

4. I would bury Moss on the 3rd or 4th line. Permanently.

5. I would send Tim Kennedy back to the Sabres and put Korpi on the 2nd line and make him earn his money until Maloney has the balls to bring in a 2nd line scorer.
Gotta say that none of these sound crazy at all.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote