HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toffoli to Manchester

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2014, 04:26 PM
  #1
santiclaws
Registered User
 
santiclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
Toffoli to Manchester

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=700606

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:28 PM
  #2
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Its to get his scoring back on track , Pearson needs to go back down too.

Vey is the only one ready , and maybe kozun/weal.

Toffoli won't be down for long, its to get his game back on track.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
  #3
santiclaws
Registered User
 
santiclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Its to get his scoring back on track , Pearson needs to go back down too.

Vey is the only one ready , and maybe kozun/weal.

Toffoli won't be down for long, its to get his game back on track.
Vey is nowhere near ready. He looked completely lost in his defensive zone.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:36 PM
  #4
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,315
vCash: 500
Good move, what are we, 23rd in goals scored? Way too high, need to fall lower

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
  #5
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzinga View Post
Good move, what are we, 23rd in goals scored? Way too high, need to fall lower
Which is why Toffoli needs to get his game back on track. Waiver exempt and chew up that AHL. Come back up and play better .

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
  #6
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Bummer...so we send down 1 of our top (and only) snipers. Toffoli had 8 pts in a 9 game stretch, then had 2 games without a point and then drops to line 3. He doesn't score from line 3...but no one did. The solution is not sending TT to Manchester, but putting him back in top 6. Oh well.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:39 PM
  #7
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Bummer...so we send down 1 of our top (and only) snipers. Toffoli had 8 pts in a 9 game stretch, then had 2 games without a point and then drops to line 3. He doesn't score from line 3...but no one did. The solution is not sending TT to Manchester, but putting him back in top 6. Oh well.
You should know Dean and Darryl better than that by now

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:40 PM
  #8
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,150
vCash: 69
Top Titty wasn't playing like a top titty. He was playing like a titty in the middle of an abdomen

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:42 PM
  #9
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
I don't want toffoli/vey/Pearson being ruined like Clifford/moller.

If they need more time in the AHL send em down.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:44 PM
  #10
tsanuri
Moderator
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Bummer...so we send down 1 of our top (and only) snipers. Toffoli had 8 pts in a 9 game stretch, then had 2 games without a point and then drops to line 3. He doesn't score from line 3...but no one did. The solution is not sending TT to Manchester, but putting him back in top 6. Oh well.
And which of the two right wings do you put on the third line, Carter or Williams? Who just so happen to be our two highest goal scorers. That doesn't make sense either does it?

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:45 PM
  #11
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
And which of the two right wings do you put on the third line, Carter or Williams? Who just so happen to be our two highest goal scorers. That doesn't make sense either does it?
My guess is frattin is going to get more time.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM
  #12
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Bummer...so we send down 1 of our top (and only) snipers. Toffoli had 8 pts in a 9 game stretch, then had 2 games without a point and then drops to line 3. He doesn't score from line 3...but no one did. The solution is not sending TT to Manchester, but putting him back in top 6. Oh well.
Bottom line is he didn't produce. Add in he's waiver exempt and he's down to the minors.

If anyone else didn't score in that 3rd line spot we'd be bagging on him, Toffoli shouldn't get a free pass because he's a kid or for any other reason.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:02 PM
  #13
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Bottom line is he didn't produce. Add in he's waiver exempt and he's down to the minors.

If anyone else didn't score in that 3rd line spot we'd be bagging on him, Toffoli shouldn't get a free pass because he's a kid or for any other reason.
A free pass? He's 6th on the team in goals with much fewer games played. He's got more points than Dustin freaking Brown. He's had a bad stretch, no doubt, but Brown and Kopi do every year. You don't take skill out of the lineup when you have difficulty scoring, period.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
  #14
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,659
vCash: 500
They must be opening up a roster spot for an incoming player...

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
  #15
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Bottom line is he didn't produce. Add in he's waiver exempt and he's down to the minors.

If anyone else didn't score in that 3rd line spot we'd be bagging on him, Toffoli shouldn't get a free pass because he's a kid or for any other reason.
I'd be better with this if the alternative isn't going to be Lewis. Frattin maybe gets a shot for a game or 2. After that you know it's just going to be Lewis.

Trolfoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:04 PM
  #16
Reclamation Project
Registered Ruiner
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 27,485
vCash: 500
Hate to be that guy, but my gut says a trade is incoming.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:04 PM
  #17
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Gotta clear room for when they sign Bud Holloway.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:04 PM
  #18
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They must be opening up a roster spot for an incoming player...
No doubt they are trading for a RW

Trolfoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:05 PM
  #19
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,259
vCash: 500
Partially trade coming, partially getting him more ice time and get his offense going(I hope)

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
  #20
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfoli View Post
No doubt they are trading for a RW
yep, going to trade for a healthy scratch rw imo

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:09 PM
  #21
Riposte!
Registered User
 
Riposte!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,808
vCash: 500
As I said in the rumor thread, I think it's probably going to be one of Pearson/Vey + picks heading out for someone (John Hoven says Kings management has been talking about Moulson the last couple of days).

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
  #22
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,971
vCash: 500
Stars fan here...

Curious about Toffoli. He's listed as a center, and so are Kopitar, Carter, Richards, and Stoll. NHL.com also has Jamie Benn listed as a center so I don't take their word as gospel.

I'm not assuming that because he was sent down he must be on the trade block, but hearing his name does make me wonder - would you guys consider dealing him?

We have Cody Eakin as our #2 center and he's proving to be pretty decent, but preferably we fill that hole with someone a little more offensive. Could Toffoli be that guy if given the opportunity? Does he have it in him to be better than say a 40-50 point player like Eakin looks to be?

What would it take to acquire him if he would be available?

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:12 PM
  #23
tsanuri
Moderator
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Stars fan here...

Curious about Toffoli. He's listed as a center, and so are Kopitar, Carter, Richards, and Stoll. NHL.com also has Jamie Benn listed as a center so I don't take their word as gospel.

I'm not assuming that because he was sent down he must be on the trade block, but hearing his name does make me wonder - would you guys consider dealing him?

We have Cody Eakin as our #2 center, and he's proving to be pretty decent, but preferably we fill that hole with someone a little more offensive. Could Toffoli be that guy if given the opportunity? Does he have it in him to be better than say a 40-50 point player like Eakin looks to be?

What would it take to acquire him if he would be available?
He's a RW and I think most of would not even consider trading him. He's still a rookie.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:13 PM
  #24
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
KingsFan7824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
A free pass? He's 6th on the team in goals with much fewer games played. He's got more points than Dustin freaking Brown. He's had a bad stretch, no doubt, but Brown and Kopi do every year. You don't take skill out of the lineup when you have difficulty scoring, period.
Yeah, but, Toffoli has played in 43 NHL games. Brown and Kopitar have been around a while, and life ain't fair.

Toffoli will be back. We're in the golden age of Kings hockey. They've won more over the last 2 years than we've ever seen. If the people in charge feel Toffoli needs to go down to the AHL for a bit, have some faith.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:15 PM
  #25
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
He's a RW and I think most of would not even consider trading him. He's still a rookie.
Is he a natural center? Can he play it? Or is NHL.com out to lunch?

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.