HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Moulson on LA's Radar

Old
01-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Sabre the Win
McDavid or Eichel?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Nobody said Toffoli had the value of Kane, only that he would only be including in a deal of a player of Kane's caliber.

As for Toffoli going to Manchester, that's because any player who plays 15 of 20 games prior to Olympic break can't be assigned to the AHL during the Olympics. The Kings want Toffoli playing during the Olympics, not sitting on his butt.
I also think it mostly had something to do with having no points in the last 11 games and only scoring here and there before that.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 09:22 AM
threeVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe View Post
I also think it mostly had something to do with having no points in the last 11 games and only scoring here and there before that.
His minutes took a sharp drop as well. I think someone was injured and came back? Richards maybe?

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 10:01 AM
sabrescupbound

There was a boat load of GM's at last night's game and my guess would be most were there to watch Moulson. I think he's going to get a better return than people think.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
There was a boat load of GM's at last night's game and my guess would be most were there to watch Moulson. I think he's going to get a better return than people think.
You're probably right about the return. He is a fantastic big bodied player. Certainly a component any contender could use.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Zal

Quote:
Or..........just maybe he needed to work on his game away from the puck, particularly in his own end. It helps when you actually watch a player on regular basis and follow the team regularly before reserving judgements.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I think he will get a good return. I just don't think it will be from LA.

I don't see LA adding a big ticket player this year. Maybe a guy like Bourque from MTL or a 4-6 defenseman.

LA will look to free agency/ trade in the offseason if the cap goes up and money comes off the books.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 11:07 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Matt Moulson, LA's 2nd back to them for Tanner Pearson, LA's 1st this year (maybe a conditional 3rd if Moulson re-signs)

Kings get a multiple 30 goal scorer who will likely re-sign plus they only drop there draft pick 30 spots, they do not give up Toffoli

Sabres get a prospect scorer that they lack in their system, and a first.

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

DL has shown in the past he will not give up top assets for a UFA he can't retain. If he feels that Moulson will sign (and I believe he will in LA) then I can see an offer to get him but he will not move Toffoli. If no trade happens and he does hit UFA, LA will go after him hard.

Mats26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:14 PM
ttcminaker

If the Sabres move Moulson it seems that they will get a very good return for him. He looks to be the best scorer available (depending what the NYI do with Vanek).

If there are a lot of suitors for Moulson and DL really wants him, he might have to throw Toffoli on the table. Might be a bigger deal with both sides adding but Tim Murray has said that he is looking for young players ready to step in so that is probably who he is asking for from LA.

ttcminaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Anonymous028

Quote:
9 goals and 15 points in the 15 or so games before the slump?

Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:18 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I think he will get a good return. I just don't think it will be from LA.

I don't see LA adding a big ticket player this year. Maybe a guy like Bourque from MTL or a 4-6 defenseman.

LA will look to free agency/ trade in the offseason if the cap goes up and money comes off the books.
Moulson's contract through the end of the year is dirt cheap for a vet who brings as much scoring as he does. He would be a big boost to LA's PP. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. The Kings haven't hesitated in the past to give up futures for current help.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Moulson's contract through the end of the year is dirt cheap for a vet who brings as much scoring as he does. He would be a big boost to LA's PP. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. The Kings haven't hesitated in the past to give up futures for current help.
That avatar

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Sabre the Win
McDavid or Eichel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous028 View Post
9 goals and 15 points in the 15 or so games before the slump?
I had him in fantasy in a league that gives .2 for shots, shots blocked and hits with 2 points for a goal and 1 point for an assist, in his last 15 games he was averaging 0.8

Yes he has high potential but hes not untradable in order for LA to win now. Not saying he would go straight up for MM but he will be in an agreement whether its MM and a 2nd or 3rd for Toffoli. Tim Murray has a ton of teams that want Moulson. Either cough up the young talent or someone else will.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 01:34 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
I had him in fantasy in a league that gives .2 for shots, shots blocked and hits with 2 points for a goal and 1 point for an assist, in his last 15 games he was averaging 0.8

Yes he has high potential but hes not untradable in order for LA to win now. Not saying he would go straight up for MM but he will be in an agreement whether its MM and a 2nd or 3rd for Toffoli. Tim Murray has a ton of teams that want Moulson. Either cough up the young talent or someone else will.
That's fine, someone else will. The Kings have young talent available, Vey, Pearson, Forbort, picks, etc. Toffoli just isn't being moved for a UFA

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Trolfoli

Quote:

I'd do Toffoli for Hodgson + Zadorov.

Just forget about Toffoli. He is not getting traded for a 30 year old UFA rental.

There are lots of options at LW. Plus the Kings like more physical LW's so not sure Moulson would even be that great of a fit.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Whoa now... Did Toffoli 's name get mentioned as trade value to Kane? Didnt he just get sent back to the AHL?... Dont answer that I already know the answer.
He did, but it was so he could play in the A during the Olympic break

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
parineum

Quote:

The thing you should know about Dean Lombardi is that his goal has never really been to "win now". He's always talked about building long term for the franchise to be successful over many years. He frequently cites the Red Wings as a model and if you look at their history of deadlines deals, it's sparse to say the least.

It's that attitude that makes Toffoli nigh untradeable. He's part of the next wave, similar to what you see in San Jose with Couture/Pavelski/Vlassic and now Hertl taking the reigns from Thornton/Marleau/Boyle.

parineum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Not sure why but I think Ott would be a better fit for LA.

01-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfoli View Post
I'd do Toffoli for Hodgson + Zadorov.

Just forget about Toffoli. He is not getting traded for a 30 year old UFA rental.

There are lots of options at LW. Plus the Kings like more physical LW's so not sure Moulson would even be that great of a fit.
He isn't worth either. Toffoli only projects to what Hodgson is now and Zadorov is a stud dman. For all the great Toffoli has done, he is still a career .5 ppg scorer and turns 22 in a few months. He isn't some 19 year old ppg player get real.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Usually those assets are given for guys who will stick around. (Carter, Richards, even RR wasn't a gamble)

Not worried about the contract this year but in the subsequent years. I like Moulson at 4mish a year. Not so much for more. The Kings ask for a complete game from there players. I'm not sure Moulson can give them that but I like him and always have.

Highly doubt LA gives up TT for him tho. TT could be him as early as next year.

Still, limited options out there on the market. Ladd seems like a DL kind of target to me tho.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Trolfoli

Just wanted to point out Toffoli has 2X the playoff games as Moulson and 2X the playoff points over his career as Moulson. If the Kings are looking at a paying a 1st + for a UFA rental shouldn't they go with someone with more then 6 games of playoff experience in their career? Don't mean to hate on Moulson just don't think he's the right piece for the Kings.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 06:14 PM
SFKingshomer

Kings need someone with speed and a younger stay at home D, not Moulson

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 06:22 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Usually those assets are given for guys who will stick around. (Carter, Richards, even RR wasn't a gamble)

Not worried about the contract this year but in the subsequent years. I like Moulson at 4mish a year. Not so much for more. The Kings ask for a complete game from there players. I'm not sure Moulson can give them that but I like him and always have.

Highly doubt LA gives up TT for him tho. TT could be him as early as next year.

Still, limited options out there on the market. Ladd seems like a DL kind of target to me tho.
I wouldn't expect TT for him. 1st + OK but nothing special prospect or a better prospect and a lower pick.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Whoa now... Did Toffoli 's name get mentioned as trade value to Kane? Didnt he just get sent back to the AHL?... Dont answer that I already know the answer.
My bad in a package for Kane, and yeah he's a rookie who has been struggling that must kill all his trade value right?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfoli View Post
Just wanted to point out Toffoli has 2X the playoff games as Moulson and 2X the playoff points over his career as Moulson. If the Kings are looking at a paying a 1st + for a UFA rental shouldn't they go with someone with more then 6 games of playoff experience in their career? Don't mean to hate on Moulson just don't think he's the right piece for the Kings.

If Toffoli was so good then LA shouldnt be in this problem with scoring now....

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote