HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lose all the puck battles; 4-1 Devils

Old
01-14-2014, 10:13 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
I didn't watch any of this game since I have no interest in watching the Devils play hockey.. After the game against the Hawks I expected the Habs to suck this game especially with the Devils in town. After reading some of the GDT this game went has I expected it would.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rosso Scuderia

Typical Habs. Doing fine in open ice hockey.. but is barely competitive against defensive/physical teams.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Would have love to hear a "We want Jagr" chant....
I would prefer a "we don't care what language the coach speaks just please be competent" chant. Would be a hell of a feat to organize that but would be unreal!

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:14 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
-Not sure how that goal didn't count.
-I'm a Bourque defender and even I will admit tonight was a pathetic attempt by him.
-Why in the actual **** was Bournival on in the last two minutes?
-I think Markov hits shin pads on purpose.
How does one defend Bourque? He is brutal, Leblanc and Andrighetto would be better options. And I don't care about bourque's "size" because I've seen kittens with more intensity.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:15 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You're lying.

Bourque, compared to some looked like a beast out there. He at least tried here and there. That's more than you can say about some...
Agreed. Although he still plays half-assedly most of the time, tonight was one of his good nights. Had a couple scoring chances, but nothing much more.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Adriatic

For those that can please switch over to the Hawks-Avs game where actual hockey is being played.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
You're lying.

Bourque, compared to some looked like a beast out there. He at least tried here and there. That's more than you can say about some...
I'm lying? What kind of comment is that? Take a look at my post history if you don't believe me.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Smokey Thompson

With Desharnais not playing, Briere got the chance to play 18 minutes. The guy's done, nothing left in the tank.

The disallowed goal killed the momentum and pace of the game. But that's not an excuse to give up when there were will 30 minutes of hockey left. Poor performance in the second half of the game.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Whitesnake
The Deeper the tank

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I would prefer a "we don't care what language the coach speaks just please be competent" chant. Would be a hell of a feat to organize that but would be unreal!
No need to go on that debate again. It is what it is. Don't tell me that you would take Paul Maurice to coach that team. No matter the language, being competent go as far as the team you have in hand. Give this Habs team to Babcock or Quenneville, and they don't make out of that team a contending one. Therrien is bad, pretty bad, still, it starts with what you have to work with.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HABS win CUPS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
For those that can please switch over to the Hawks-Avs game where actual hockey is being played.
done and done Gamecenter Live is worth every penny

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
I cant fathom how they are world beaters against the hawks.. yet looked like a pee wee team against the Devils
Hawks played like crap versus us. We dominated arguably the best team in the NHL in every possible category. Let's not pretend like the Hawks were on top of their game.
Not discrediting our work, I also feel we match up well versus the Hawks that open up the game a lot.
The devils are also very good at winning board battles, we suck at it. They clog up the neutral zone so we have absolutely no speed in trying to play our bad dump and chase system. We have very little speed coming into their zone.
Our defensive coverage has also been poor. So that didn't help.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
I'm lying? What kind of comment is that? Take a look at my post history if you don't believe me.
Then you watched the wrong game. Bourque actually did well in the grand scheme of this craptacular game.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
HABS win CUPS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
With Desharnais not playing, Briere got the chance to play 18 minutes. The guy's done, nothing left in the tank.

whats he supposed to do with Prust? Mentor him?

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
Fun Fact: Montreal now tied with Calgary for 29th in terms of 5-on-5 scoring...unless Calgary scores again in their game, in which case 29th is ours alone!!
Wow.. That's beyond brutal.. Couple the Habs awful 5 on 5 play with a PP gone really south of late and the results of this game is what you get. You can only rely on your goaltending for so long.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
You're lying.

I'm with you here, Bourque showed up tonight. Played better than Eller and Gallagher (come at me).

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

We really should be going for it, we can win the East for sure.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I'm with you here, Bourque showed up tonight. Played better than Eller and Gallagher (come at me).
Lol. How about no, bro?

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
I cant fathom how they are world beaters against the hawks.. yet looked like a pee wee team against the Devils
Hawks played a horrible game.

Today looked just like what I'd expect from this team in the playoffs. No production on the PP. Creamed along the boards. Outmuscled...outplayed in the 3rd...went down without even a wimper.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post

GOOD GOAL!
That's the NHL for you. On a side note why aren't we calling anyone up? Surely there is a better way then going with 7 defensemen or Parros in games where he's not needed.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Andy

For next game, I think Eller and Gallagher need to be reunited. He technically scored and finally received passes. He had two-one timers in the slot from the stick of Eller. Both have chemistry, also Gallagher is struggling on DD's line.

Really disappointed what I saw from MT. If DD being out is the reason he didn't play Pacioretty much for the whole game, we have one petty coach.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No need to go on that debate again. It is what it is. Don't tell me that you would take Paul Maurice to coach that team. No matter the language, being competent go as far as the team you have in hand. Give this Habs team to Babcock or Quenneville, and they don't make out of that team a contending one. Therrien is bad, pretty bad, still, it starts with what you have to work with.
I was being a smart ass. I couldn't care less if MTL has a mandate to hire French speaking coaches, I'm fine with it.

I do have a problem with this coaching staff however. They completely lack in game analysis and adaption and it's costing the team games and hurting morale and mentality. I would have much rather had P.Roy and I stated that a few times when he was available. Oh well, they didn't want to take a chance on a rookie coach and decided to go with one the team had already spit out.

Old
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Agreed.

Gallagher is a battler, but I'm starting to doubt his hockey sense is as good as it appeared to be. He takes terrible shots, makes bad passes and usually either kills a team cycle, or does a sweet one by himself.

He goes to the front of the net. He makes a living there. At least he knows where it is. Unfortunately it's easy to move him and he can't screen any goalie in the league.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
Lol. How about no, bro?
He might have no finish but at least he was involved in the play offensively and could have very well earned a couple of goals if it wasn't for Brodeur. Eller was at blame on the first goal, turned it over and screened Price. Gallagher tried a couple of wraparounds, that's it.

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
Fun Fact: Montreal now tied with Calgary for 29th in terms of 5-on-5 scoring...unless Calgary scores again in their game, in which case 29th is ours alone!!
Wowww. We are 29th !

Damn, we are so inconsistent. One day, we look like a Stanley Cup team, the very next day, we look worse than the Sabres.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

The absolute truth!