HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Lemieux Unprotected.

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
MattNJD

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MattNJD
Claude Lemieux Unprotected.

Any of you think Lou should role the dice and snag him? I'm kinda 50/50 on the idea becuase I don't want Lou to have to unprotect anyone, however if he unprotected Cameron I don't think anyone would take him (and honestly, what difference would it make if they did). Hmmm, I know spots at forward are already thin with this years Devils but with Turner hurting and Igor's age, maybe we try to find old magic between Pep and Gomer. Any idea's????

Old
10-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
I'm now hopeful Christian Berglund will fill this need from within the Devils system.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:14 PM
tmg

I like the idea that Lou might have protected Cameron in order to have someone worthless to 'unprotect' if/when he claims someone else.

But as for Lemieux... no, I don't think he should come back.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:35 PM
PEli*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
I'm now hopeful Christian Berglund will fill this need from within the Devils system.
These are my thoughts exactly and as pre season reports come in, I'm more sure that Bergs can do what he has to.

Pepe is too expensive to be picked up. Especially for what he does.

Old
10-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
Pepe is too expensive to be picked up. Especially for what he does.
Yeah... and if you take Modano=God's word seriously, he does... absolutely nothing.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Yeah... and if you take Modano=God's word seriously, he does... absolutely nothing.
Well, he came back from off season surgery and looked a little better in camp then he did during the season.

That said, he's old, prone, expensive, and his stupid penalties overshadow his sometime's clutch goals.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:30 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Lemieux always played better in NJ though, I don't think Dallas's system fits him either.
That was ages ago.. Lemieux has declined immensly since then..

Old
10-02-2003, 05:14 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
He is still strong as an ox though and can still pest the hell out of someone, his scoring has gone down but imagine a line of Berglund and Lemeiux.
What's so special about that?

Lemieux played with upcoming superpest Steve Ott and fan favorite, pitbull Rob DiMaio last season. And all he did was sit in the box for stupid ass penalties..

Old
10-02-2003, 05:29 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Rob DiMaio is just like any other untalented 4th liner in the NHL. tt I really like adn yes he is a super pest. Better learn how to fight better.
You see, post this in the main forum and everyone knows you know ***** about the Stars. DiMaio untalented 4th liner? He was the reason Lemieux, Malhotra, Ott and even Downey couldn't even crack the line-up. The dude is a fan favorite, led our PK and scored 3 game winners. Never mind the fact he was among our top forwards in the playoffs.

Lemieux, now there's an untalented 4th liner..

Old
10-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
You see, post this in the main forum and everyone knows you know ***** about the Stars. DiMaio untalented 4th liner? He was the reason Lemieux, Malhotra, Ott and even Downey couldn't even crack the line-up. The dude is a fan favorite, led our PK and scored 3 game winners. Never mind the fact he was among our top forwards in the playoffs.

Lemieux, now there's an untalented 4th liner..
Rob Dimaio was a big fan favorite in Boston also. Everyone here locally for the most part loved his blue collar strap-on-the-hard-hat work ethic and praised his penchants for never taking shifts off. He took good notes playing alongside Ray Bourque with regards to bringing it all every night. Rob would fight anyone and do anything for his linemates if it meant it would help the team out in the slightest bit when he was a Bruin. His departure from Boston was reportedly based on an account of him speaking his mind openly against B's ownership although I don't believe he realized his words to a teammate would be quoted in the paper the next day in fairness. He was heavily rumored to be the unnamed player in a Boston Globe or Herald article who made a quip about Jeremy Jacob's fiscal spending habits when the team spent an off day on his estate. Someone let slip a quip about realizing where all Jeremy Jacob's money was being spent upon seeing his prized championship race horses. Dimaio is a good guy.

Closed Thread