HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXV - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Galchenyuksnipes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1337 View Post
funny story

oilers are so bad that they hired some kind of pr firm to defend keven lowe and the organisation on the forums and are also sending pm to poster to know what they dislike about the organisation
hahahahahahahaaha

Old
01-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
For a guy who gets considered one iof the best NHL coaches, Babcock isn't looking good in Detroit, I know they have had injuries, but 7 games under .500 and -10 in GF-GA is embarassing for a Team Canada coach. I'm sure I could coach a team with Lidstrom Datsyuk and Zetterberg to a playoff spot, the real test is when Lidstrom is gone and the other two miss time.
Detroit has nothing else besides those 2 now.

I found the Oilers thread and there seems to be quite a few of them that got pms about it and the Admin stepped in to look into it.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700

Old
01-16-2014, 10:25 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Can the bruins and bolts stop getting pts every night? Thanks

Old
01-16-2014, 10:26 PM
MarkovsKnee

Erikson almost got clocked again. That guy has to learn to keep his head up.

Old
01-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Et le But

Ben Scrivens already managed to get into a fight with an Edmonton journalist on twitter.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I thought he looked better than tinordi overall, tbh, which surprised me. He's been picking it up in hamilton lately. I've admittedly been slacking in my bulldogs watching duties lately, though.
Am I wrong in thinking...Beaulieu has some Mike Green potential (this is good and bad...I wouldn't want a Green for playoffs, but maybe for regular season only!). Green is AMAZING or very good offensively but very average defensively (sometimes quite terrible)...I hope I'm wrong. I would prefer he improve his defensive game...even if it means it will slightly affect his offensive game.

Last time I saw Beaulieu in a Hab jersey...he looked LOST defensively.
(with or without the puck). I didn't trust him in our zone.

I hope he has improved his DEFENSIVE game.

J.Tinordi:
anyone here know if he has been improving his tough defensive game? keeping it simple...making the right plays, taking the right decisions, clearing the crease, PK time?etc...

In your opinion...Beaulieu is the first one who should be called up? (imo, he was very raw defensively in his last stint as a Hab). Seems like everyone here wants Pateryn to get his cup of coffee soon. I want J.Tinordi to be more ready VS last season for the upcoming...playoffs.

Old
01-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
For a guy who gets considered one iof the best NHL coaches, Babcock isn't looking good in Detroit, I know they have had injuries, but 7 games under .500 and -10 in GF-GA is embarassing for a Team Canada coach. I'm sure I could coach a team with Lidstrom Datsyuk and Zetterberg to a playoff spot, the real test is when Lidstrom is gone and the other two miss time.
Like I keep saying all those years....you are often just as good as the team given to you. People kept saying how Trotz has to be a proof that he does miracles with so little, well, whether that's true or not, the only reason why he still has a job is because he's not in a big market. Do you keep seriously think that even if it's not his fault, that a GM in Montreal or whoever would have kept the guy for so long with so few playoffs success? So you are as good as your team is or you're just in a market who's not too demanding.

Old
01-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Like I keep saying all those years....you are often just as good as the team given to you. People kept saying how Trotz has to be a proof that he does miracles with so little, well, whether that's true or not, the only reason why he still has a job is because he's not in a big market. Do you keep seriously think that even if it's not his fault, that a GM in Montreal or whoever would have kept the guy for so long with so few playoffs success? So you are as good as your team is or you're just in a market who's not too demanding.
Ken Hitchcock's been pretty impressive.

Old
01-17-2014, 09:05 AM
madhi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Can the bruins and bolts stop getting pts every night? Thanks
Who care I rather they get these points than the teams behind us!

Old
01-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
David Clarkson placed on IR this morning. It has definitely not been a banner year for him and that bloated contract

Old
01-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
David Clarkson placed on IR this morning. It has definitely not been a banner year for him and that bloated contract
That contract had disaster written all over it. I don't think Clarkson even at his very very best was ever a 5.25 mil player. He was a glorified Holmstrom clone.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
That contract had disaster written all over it. I don't think Clarkson even at his very very best was ever a 5.25 mil player. He was a glorified Holmstrom clone.
He scored 30 goals once but had like 3-4 assists? You're right though, everyone knew he was a 20-30 point 3rd line player and that contract was hilarious considering he's not overly effective when he's physical and a below average fighter.

Leafs essentially bought a time share where they only get 3 Tuesdays a year.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Ken Hitchcock's been pretty impressive.
But then how great was he before? Did he go from obsolete to Genius in such a short period of time? Who in here, prior to his St.Louis job would have SERIOUSLY considered him EVEN without a language factor?

Old
01-17-2014, 11:39 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
But then how great was he before? Did he go from obsolete to Genius in such a short period of time? Who in here, prior to his St.Louis job would have SERIOUSLY considered him EVEN without a language factor?
Hitchcock was very good in Philly and even better in Columbus.

waffledave
Old
01-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Hitchcock was very good in Philly and even better in Columbus.
Yes he was.....reason why every prospect from Columbus but Nash in the 1st round fell off planet earth. And there weren't all bad picks. Tons of guys in there were scheduled to go around where they picked. Yes, you could find cases of just a bad pick, or whatever, but in the end, Hitchcock was seen as a coach who was bad with kids. Also, if he was so great....how come we saw all those reports about Hitchcock having to reinvent himself after those 2 jobs? If he was so great....why did he have to change? Hitchcock had 1 great year and then the year after...it went right back to crap stage. In the end, it was nothing like St.Louis. But of course it wasn't, as it starts and ends with the players a whole lot.

And again, I'll ask the question...who in here would have named him as a guy they would have taken as a coach? Hitchcock was surely never a bad coach.....but I just don't put coaches in the pedestal that everybody puts them on. They have a role...but without a team, they are nothing. While the opposite....the Habs won a cup in 86 without a coach. The Pens went to the Cup Finals with Therrien. The great Randy Carlyle who looks awful in TO won a Cup etc.

Old
01-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
funny story

oilers are so bad that they hired some kind of PR firm to defend keven lowe and the organisation on the forums and are also sending PM to poster to know what they dislike about the organisation
That's actually hilarious lol. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He scored 30 goals once but had like 3-4 assists? You're right though, everyone knew he was a 20-30 point 3rd line player and that contract was hilarious considering he's not overly effective when he's physical and a below average fighter.

Leafs essentially bought a time share where they only get 3 Tuesdays a year.
He's a player that flourished while playing in the Devils system. His gamestyle is perfect for the way the Devils play.

By no means is he worth that contract, but if a coach can find a good role for him, he can be a very effective player.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:07 PM
lostriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
funny story

oilers are so bad that they hired some kind of PR firm to defend keven lowe and the organisation on the forums and are also sending PM to poster to know what they dislike about the organisation
hehe. Habs will never have to do that, they have RDS for all their PR needs.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:09 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostriver View Post
hehe. Habs will never have to do that, they have RDS for all their PR needs.
??? Yhea, sure. Because RDS was soooo easygoing on the Habs during the 2012 season

Old
01-17-2014, 12:16 PM
lostriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
??? Yhea, sure. Because RDS was soooo easygoing on the Habs during the 2012 season
Randy Cunneyworth fiasco? Molson apologized for that and apology has been accepted, RDS 'insider' hired. Tires are being pumped ever since.

Last edited by lostriver: 01-17-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old
01-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Andy

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 6m
Maurice says analytics were considered when deciding to put Frolik with Little & Ladd — had to do with shutting down opponent's top lines.

For the anti-fancystats crowd

Old
01-17-2014, 02:17 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 6m
Maurice says analytics were considered when deciding to put Frolik with Little & Ladd had to do with shutting down opponent's top lines.

For the anti-fancystats crowd
Wow. That's so new. Every coaches in the History of the game knows that sometimes you need a defensive minded forward to balance a line that was too offensively oriented. No needs for fancystats here.

Old
01-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
Wow. That's so new. Every coaches in the History of the game knows that sometimes you need a defensive minded forward to balance a line that was too offensively oriented. No needs for fancystats here.
"Fancystats" help you actually find the right player for said role instead of relying on guys via their reputation or because of the profile they fit, which has been a constant problem for teams north of the border recently.

Old
01-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I was talking about before...

The guy got the Blue Jackets to the playoffs man. And probably would've done it again had Steve Mason not been a complete idiot.

He has success wherever he goes.
Quote:
Yes he was.....reason why every prospect from Columbus but Nash in the 1st round fell off planet earth. And there weren't all bad picks. Tons of guys in there were scheduled to go around where they picked. Yes, you could find cases of just a bad pick, or whatever, but in the end, Hitchcock was seen as a coach who was bad with kids. Also, if he was so great....how come we saw all those reports about Hitchcock having to reinvent himself after those 2 jobs? If he was so great....why did he have to change? Hitchcock had 1 great year and then the year after...it went right back to crap stage. In the end, it was nothing like St.Louis. But of course it wasn't, as it starts and ends with the players a whole lot.
Bad with kids? Don't know about that man. A lot of those kids were probably called up too early to begin with. Is that Hitch's fault? Don't forget they had idiot Doug Maclean as their GM. Pieterangelo certainly seems to be doing fine under him.

Had to reinvent himself? Well, he was known as a trapping coach. Maybe with the new game people thought that he might not be able to adapt. But he certainly did didn't he?

Great run in Dallas as his first gig. Good in Philly without any goaltending. Got the freaking Jackets to the postseason and the Blues are now doing very well. I'd say the guy knows what he's doing.
Quote:
And again, I'll ask the question...who in here would have named him as a guy they would have taken as a coach? Hitchcock was surely never a bad coach.....but I just don't put coaches in the pedestal that everybody puts them on. They have a role...but without a team, they are nothing. While the opposite....the Habs won a cup in 86 without a coach. The Pens went to the Cup Finals with Therrien. The great Randy Carlyle who looks awful in TO won a Cup etc.
I would. In a heartbeat I'd take this guy. He clearly knows what he's doing. Like any coach he needs a team to win (just like a goalie does) but he has a track record of making teams better than they are (or at the very least, not hurting them the way a certain Montreal coach does.) Great track record... of course I'd take him.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 01-17-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old
01-17-2014, 04:30 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
If Babcock was coaching the Habs you lot would have ran him out of town ages ago. Grass is always greener when your neighbour's got a half pound of skunk that he tells you is the best **** ever. Until you try it...

Closed Thread