HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And so the renewals start

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
  #76
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
OK, I'll play devil's advocate. How long do you think the demand will be with a sub-par product on the ice?

I don't have a problem getting rid of my tickets that I cannot go to being they are P7's but think of the P1 2 and 3 seats. They are a lot more money.
P1 people sell to their snobby P1 friends with no problem, is what I hear.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 04:30 PM
  #77
cheswick
Non-registered User
 
cheswick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 117
I htink people are interpretting the paraphrase from Ludlow wrong. The 2.5% I believe is referring to the increase they will be using for the next season. Someone told me their rep said the maximum increase from year to year will be 3.5%

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 04:33 PM
  #78
scopar
Oh Canada
 
scopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I htink people are interpretting the paraphrase from Ludlow wrong. The 2.5% I believe is referring to the increase they will be using for the next season. Someone told me their rep said the maximum increase from year to year will be 3.5%
It's 3% - it's in the contract.

This year it was 2.5% for my renewal.

scopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 04:34 PM
  #79
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 50
Lets try and get a dollar value behind these rewards points!

So I looked on the jets rewards catalog and see that one of the options is a Jets Gear gift cards for 1250 reward points.....My guess is it is a $25 gift card? So $25/1250 pts=$0.02

Each point is worth 2 cents at jets gear store?

So if you spend $5000 per year on season tickets and choose to extend for 6 years to get the max bonus you could get (10,000 X $0.02) $200 a year is gift cards vs (5,000 X $0.02) $100 with a 3 year agreement?

Hope my math is close


SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 04:34 PM
  #80
seasontixholder*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mom's Basement
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I htink people are interpretting the paraphrase from Ludlow wrong. The 2.5% I believe is referring to the increase they will be using for the next season. Someone told me their rep said the maximum increase from year to year will be 3.5%
This came right out of the contract:

The Annual Fee increase for subsequent Seasons shall be determined annually at the discretion of the Team and communicated to the Primary Account Holder on or around the last day of February for the subsequent Season; provided however that in no circumstance shall the Annual Fee increase by more than 3.0% annually.

seasontixholder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 07:15 PM
  #81
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 160
I'm renewing my P6s for 6 years and they're giving me 10422 bonus points for doing so.

I agree with whoever said row 1 and 12 are the best. We're in row 1 and absolutely love it! Right near the end of the row too, so we can get out fast at the end!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:06 PM
  #82
broinwhyteridge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 50
Funny how Claude got the boot just before they asked for another commitment.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:13 PM
  #83
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,429
vCash: 50
As a proud STH, I understand TNSE needs to generate revenue, but disagree with another annual increase next year. These 2-3% increases cannot continue ad infinitum. Although I have no empirical evidence, we are reaching the maximum levels for ticket prices in the lower bowl and they are in danger of pricing out their market. With our provincial government and school boards increasing taxes without any regard for the impact on all socio-economic classes, many Jets STHs will have to make a hard choice in the coming years.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 11:22 AM
  #84
sting13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Lets try and get a dollar value behind these rewards points!

So I looked on the jets rewards catalog and see that one of the options is a Jets Gear gift cards for 1250 reward points.....My guess is it is a $25 gift card? So $25/1250 pts=$0.02

Each point is worth 2 cents at jets gear store?

So if you spend $5000 per year on season tickets and choose to extend for 6 years to get the max bonus you could get (10,000 X $0.02) $200 a year is gift cards vs (5,000 X $0.02) $100 with a 3 year agreement?

Hope my math is close

But maybe the gift cards are only worth $10.
They don't say how much.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
  #85
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
But maybe the gift cards are only worth $10.
They don't say how much.
Yeah your right.... I was guessing $25 because at $10 the reward points would be worth almost nothing

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
  #86
scopar
Oh Canada
 
scopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Yeah your right.... I was guessing $25 because at $10 the reward points would be worth almost nothing
I wish it were $25 too, but I have a feeling it'll be $10/$15, or at most $20.

I hope I'm wrong though.

scopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 12:35 PM
  #87
Rsyl84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 101
vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
As a proud STH, I understand TNSE needs to generate revenue, but disagree with another annual increase next year. These 2-3% increases cannot continue ad infinitum. Although I have no empirical evidence, we are reaching the maximum levels for ticket prices in the lower bowl and they are in danger of pricing out their market. With our provincial government and school boards increasing taxes without any regard for the impact on all socio-economic classes, many Jets STHs will have to make a hard choice in the coming years.
I disagree, I believe these 2-3% increases can continue forever because that's about the rate of inflation. I don't like paying more for bacon and eggs or gas either, but inflation is a fact of life.

That being said, I wouldn't complain if there was no increase for a year or two.

Rsyl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:30 AM
  #88
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 160
I just got an email that really doesn't look like any of the other emails I've received from True North. It says:

Anita Wiezbinski Has Sent You TPA Renewal 2014 Individual to eSign

Anita Wiezbinski (True North Sports & Entertainment Limited) says:
"The password needed to access this document is the same as your Winnipeg Jets Account Manager password."

Click here to review and eSign TPA Renewal 2014 Individual.

With just one simple step, you can electronically sign this document. After you eSign TPA Renewal 2014 Individual, all parties will receive a final PDF copy by email.


I looked up TPA and it looks like what you use when you transfer your tickets to someone else, which I definitely do not want to do and did not ask to have done. I guess I better call my rep to find out what this is. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it wouldn't be terribly fun if I let myself get tricked into transferring my season tickets away!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:35 AM
  #89
scopar
Oh Canada
 
scopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I just got an email that really doesn't look like any of the other emails I've received from True North. It says:

Anita Wiezbinski Has Sent You TPA Renewal 2014 Individual to eSign

Anita Wiezbinski (True North Sports & Entertainment Limited) says:
"The password needed to access this document is the same as your Winnipeg Jets Account Manager password."

Click here to review and eSign TPA Renewal 2014 Individual.

With just one simple step, you can electronically sign this document. After you eSign TPA Renewal 2014 Individual, all parties will receive a final PDF copy by email.


I looked up TPA and it looks like what you use when you transfer your tickets to someone else, which I definitely do not want to do and did not ask to have done. I guess I better call my rep to find out what this is. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it wouldn't be terribly fun if I let myself get tricked into transferring my season tickets away!
No - read the document, it's your Ticket Purchase Agreement renewal. Your name will be on the document.

TNSE is using that service to do the electronic signatures on the TPA renewals in lieu of having to do it in person. I did mine the same way and it worked fine.

scopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:52 AM
  #90
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopar View Post
No - read the document, it's your Ticket Purchase Agreement renewal. Your name will be on the document.

TNSE is using that service to do the electronic signatures on the TPA renewals in lieu of having to do it in person. I did mine the same way and it worked fine.
Ok thanks. So I was being paranoid after all!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
  #91
cheswick
Non-registered User
 
cheswick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsyl84 View Post
I disagree, I believe these 2-3% increases can continue forever because that's about the rate of inflation. I don't like paying more for bacon and eggs or gas either, but inflation is a fact of life.

That being said, I wouldn't complain if there was no increase for a year or two.
Inflation in Canada was 0.9% for 2013. (It was 1.5% in 2012 and 2.91% in 2011)

I believe ticket increases have been, 3%, 2% and 2.5%? Outpacing inflation by 2% over 3 seasons.


Last edited by cheswick: 01-17-2014 at 12:31 PM.
cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:40 PM
  #92
BigZ65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsyl84 View Post
I disagree, I believe these 2-3% increases can continue forever because that's about the rate of inflation. I don't like paying more for bacon and eggs or gas either, but inflation is a fact of life.

That being said, I wouldn't complain if there was no increase for a year or two.
As long as they decrease ticket prices when the Canadian GDP suffers deflation in the next couple years, I'm fine with that logic.

Inflation is the plus/minus of economic stats. Horrible indicator of the overall health of an economy. This inflation in the 2000s has been driven by a huge real estate/consumer debt bubble that is bound to pop and send our economy into a tailspin. Kind of like reading Ellerby's plus/minus and deciding to play him 25 minutes a night.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:56 PM
  #93
Genova
Registered User
 
Genova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
You wouldn't believe how many people I talk to that still don't bother trying to buy tickets or even looking on the exchange because they think they are all sold out.

Genova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 02:16 PM
  #94
castle
Registered User
 
castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,509
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaughingplace View Post
You wouldn't believe how many people I talk to that still don't bother trying to buy tickets or even looking on the exchange because they think they are all sold out.
How about just looking on Ticketmaster? There has yet to be a game that I've ever looked at on game day that didn't have pairs for sale (Toronto exempted).

castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 03:12 PM
  #95
Galbatross
Registered User
 
Galbatross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 272
vCash: 595
Re upped for 6 years

Galbatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:13 PM
  #96
AndersUlfBobby
Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
 
AndersUlfBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 500
Signed up for another 6 years, whoot whoot

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 09:03 AM
  #97
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 50
Locked up 4 seats for 6 years

I hope to see a few playoff games in that time.....



SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
  #98
Nationals28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
I was just wondering if anybody has heard about getting upgraded seats. I know i have a friend in P6 who said he was trying to get better P6 tickets i was just wondering with the amount of STH's if that will even be possible for him.

Nationals28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:47 AM
  #99
Wolf357
Registered User
 
Wolf357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Official Jets renewal video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoiOicq-iiI

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
  #100
Prot
Registered User
 
Prot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Inflation in Canada was 0.9% for 2013. (It was 1.5% in 2012 and 2.91% in 2011)

I believe ticket increases have been, 3%, 2% and 2.5%? Outpacing inflation by 2% over 3 seasons.

^ This is true. The bank of Canada can't raise rates.... Quantitative Easing is still in effect for the globe.... but we still see pretty hefty raises in season tickets.

One thing I'm not sure of but I read somewhere that Winnipeg is second highest in the league for tickets (behind Toronto), is this true?

Not a strong direction to go in. If things do cool down they could find they priced themselves right out of the market. Not today, not tomorrow but think 5-10 years from now.

I elected not to go beyond 3 years in renewal. The Jets rewards seem only for the 4-6 years renewal. To be honest a few bucks off a Jersey in those years feels underwhelming.

I would have preferred a commitment to season ticket pricing over some coupons.

I couldn't see committing to over 3 years with the price of tickets being what they are, I have not ruled out finding the seats unaffordable in year 4+.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.