HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Keenan Not Through Dealing

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Goalie34

vCash: 500
Keenan Not Through Dealing

From Palm Beach Post:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...hers_0804.html

What the heck is wrong with these boards lately?

Old
08-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie34
From Palm Beach Post:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...hers_0804.html

What the heck is wrong with these boards lately?

Have you looked in your rear-view mirror? See that blue smoke? The poor hfboards server is leaking oil bigtime!

Old
08-04-2005, 01:13 AM
Sonne

Send a message via AIM to Sonne
I mean with Hill, Bouwmeester and Cairns, defense is fine for now. The only move I would like to see on D would be Lyle Odelein being resigned.

As for offense, you know that you can't have enough of it. I would like Paul Kariya, just for the attention it would bring to the club alone, and the skill is of course great as well. That splurge would be repaid in tickets and jerseys, no sweat.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
"I mean with Hill, Bouwmeester and Cairns, defense is fine for now. The only move I would like to see on D would be Lyle Odelein being resigned."

AHAHAHA, MWAHAHAHA, OH, ROFLMAO... WHOO! That was hilarious.

Wait, you were serious?

Old
08-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Crossbar

Only d-men left worth signing for IMO, are Scott Niedermayer and Dan McGillis.....otherwise who else is available?

Old
08-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
I wouldn't mind at all if we were able to nab McGillis. Honestly, I think I might rather have his physcical play over Niedermayer.

O.K. I take that back.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Heimy

Hamr time! do dododo dodo dodo

Old
08-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Harmlik and McGillis are the dmen I think we should been after all the time. Although with this current market Harmlik will be looking for 3.5-4M$ dont know if I'd like to sign him for that.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
"As it's unfolding we're all students of the process," Keenan said. "It's going to be interesting. I think you're going to see teams getting to their caps with some of their middle-range guys unsigned, and those guys are going to have to take a lower number."

There have been few trades as yet, which Keenan said won't happen until the attractive unrestricted free agents are gone and decisions are made regarding restricted free agents. "Once that settles out you'll get a mix of switching pieces to make for a better winning formula for your team," he said.
Very risky IMO, but as it stands now, it's probably too late to do anything else but the "wait and see" approach (unless they decide to sign one of Palffy, Hamrlik, ect).

Quote:
Crosby's trainer hired: Andy O'Brien, 27, who has spent the past four years working as the personal trainer of Sidney Crosby, the No. 1 overall draft pick by the Pittsburgh Penguins, has been hired by the Panthers as their strength and conditioning coach.
Sidney's personal trainer? Is he any good?

Old
08-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Take McGillis off the wish list

Old
08-04-2005, 01:47 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
Take McGillis off the wish list
Yup, and IMO Hamrlik will be too expensive for us. Look for trades on the RFA front IF any defensive moves are made. Though from the Palm Beach Post article it sounds like Keenan won't be looking to upgrade the D, just add depth.

I'm a little concerned about our D. The only top guys are Hill and Van Ryn. Bouwmeester is still developing and Cairns is a 6th.

The only thing that's really changed from 2 years ago (when our _efense stunk) is Sean Hill I swear I remember pulling my hair out some nights at the games watching the D.

Old
08-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Georgia Panther

Obviously, Martin is being counted on to coach up the Blueline and install a system that will be more defensively effective.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Heimy

Ya know, this has been right under our noses. The Ducks have to lighten they payroll and everyone, myself included zeros in on Salei and Sykora. But what about Carney? Can you think of a better fit here? Can you name a duck d-man Keenan (or we) would rather have?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Crossbar

Interesting article from PBP

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...gane_0807.html

Quote:
Keenan would like to have another option at first-line right wing, particularly considering Horton's injury problems the past two years. Huselius is more right winger than left, and the third line is too young and inexperienced to make anyone happy. That's why this is still a work in progress, with perhaps several pieces to be changed.

Don't be surprised if Keenan deals away Nedorost or Kolnik, or both, for more experienced wingers, possibly with a more defensive bent. Most teams' third lines are asked to have a defensive mind-set and, while Weiss is solid defensively, the two wingers are more offensively inclined. Besides, both were brought in by Dudley and are too small to play the physical game Keenan prefers.
Biggane's suggested line combos.....

Roberts - Jokinen - Horton
Hagman - Nieuwendyk - Huselius
Nedorost - Weiss - Kolnik
Stewart - Gelinas - Berglund.

Hill - Bouwmeester
Karpovtsev - Van Ryn
Cairns - Mezei

Not sure if he realizes, but Kolnik can play both a skilled and physical/defensive game. Jurai contributed big time to us getting the 2nd best PK in the NHL, can't see why Keenan or Martin would want to rid themselves of him, he seems a lot more safer than Hagman and Huselius, but I guess you never know. Zaumner is available, could he be an option for the 3rd/4th line?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Dropkick Alex

We really need a Right Winger and a Defensemen, we better get Bondra and Hamrlik for the right prices.

Old
08-07-2005, 01:43 AM
m2k2p

does anyone think Olesz has a shot at making the club ?

Old
08-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k2p

Absolutely! If he shows up and performs like he's capable of in camp, we'll make room for him. (read Huselius/Nederost/Kolnik)

Old
08-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k2p
He'll have to - we couldn't ice a complete team otherwise

Old
08-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...gane_0807.html

Quote:
Keenan would like to have another option at first-line right wing, particularly considering Horton's injury problems the past two years. Huselius is more right winger than left, and the third line is too young and inexperienced to make anyone happy. That's why this is still a work in progress, with perhaps several pieces to be changed.

Don't be surprised if Keenan deals away Nedorost or Kolnik, or both, for more experienced wingers, possibly with a more defensive bent. Most teams' third lines are asked to have a defensive mind-set and, while Weiss is solid defensively, the two wingers are more offensively inclined. Besides, both were brought in by Dudley and are too small to play the physical game Keenan prefers.
Biggane's suggested line combos.....

Roberts - Jokinen - Horton
Hagman - Nieuwendyk - Huselius
Nedorost - Weiss - Kolnik
Stewart - Gelinas - Berglund.

Hill - Bouwmeester
Karpovtsev - Van Ryn
Cairns - Mezei

Not sure if he realizes, but Kolnik can play both a skilled and physical/defensive game. Jurai contributed big time to us getting the 2nd best PK in the NHL, can't see why Keenan or Martin would want to rid themselves of him, he seems a lot more safer than Hagman and Huselius, but I guess you never know. Zaumner is available, could he be an option for the 3rd/4th line?
Biggane is wrong about Huselius & Hagman. Huselius is a better LWer and Hagman played a lot of RW over in the Swiss League this yr in Davos alongside Thornton where he put up a lot of goals & points. Hagman also had good chemistry with Jokinen last yr in the World Cup or World Championships (I forget which tourney that was). Gelinas is a LW, whereas Stewart and Berglund can and have played center (not to mention that Stewart is primarily listed as a RW & Berglund as a LW). And Gelinas is more suited to a 3rd line scoring option role but can fill in on the 2nd line sometimes too. Anyhow being comfortable with Krapo as the #3 must be crazy...he doesn't show up enough to be a #3 guy.

Old
08-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
Biggane is wrong about Huselius & Hagman. Huselius is a better LWer and Hagman played a lot of RW over in the Swiss League this yr in Davos alongside Thornton where he put up a lot of goals & points. Hagman also had good chemistry with Jokinen last yr in the World Cup or World Championships (I forget which tourney that was). Gelinas is a LW, whereas Stewart and Berglund can and have played center (not to mention that Stewart is primarily listed as a RW & Berglund as a LW). And Gelinas is more suited to a 3rd line scoring option role but can fill in on the 2nd line sometimes too. Anyhow being comfortable with Krapo as the #3 must be crazy...he doesn't show up enough to be a #3 guy.
Jokinen / Hagman played on the same line at 1998 WJC and bought finland the gold medal and had great chemistry. I really hope they get to play together more next season. I wouldnt mind seeing trying Hagman-Jokinen-Horton. Biggane is totally lost. Gelinas wont play on the 4th line and he's an LW also Karpotsev and Van Ryn wont be paired up as both are right handed shooters.

Old
08-07-2005, 09:12 AM
sting_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
Jokinen / Hagman played on the same line at 1998 WJC and bought finland the gold medal and had great chemistry. I really hope they get to play together more next season. I wouldnt mind seeing trying Hagman-Jokinen-Horton. Biggane is totally lost. Gelinas wont play on the 4th line and he's an LW also Karpotsev and Van Ryn wont be paired up as both are right handed shooters.
Jokinen and Hagman seem to only have good chemistry when paired together for Team Finland.

Old
08-07-2005, 10:33 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting_fan
Jokinen and Hagman seem to only have good chemistry when paired together for Team Finland.
Exactly They played plenty together last season and Hagman simply could not put up the points.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
Actually, Huselius had his Clader Trophy numbers from scoring from the right side, playin second line behind Bure that season. And I swear I mentioned that earlier this past week either on Fanhome or somewhere around here. I wonder if Biggane is takin his opinions from my posts?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:25 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Ya know, this has been right under our noses. The Ducks have to lighten they payroll and everyone, myself included zeros in on Salei and Sykora. But what about Carney? Can you think of a better fit here? Can you name a duck d-man Keenan (or we) would rather have?
Vishnevski.

But either way we need Sykora.

Old
08-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Trudel

rumor in Switzerland:
Hagman doesn't return to NHL and will stay in Switzerland.....

Closed Thread