HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamonic Concussion - **Activated off of IR**

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2014, 02:44 PM
  #101
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Hamonic is wearing a full contact jersey and is doing four drills with the team at practice today. Good signs.

For what it's worth, it looks like Regin may be the guy to go when Hamonic is ready to come off IR. New lines today and he's being phased out.
Considering how important he is to the team going forward, he better be 100% before returning. The kid is a warrior and you know it kills him to miss a shift, let alone a game. Protect him from himself and protect an important long term asset for the organization. I personally hope he doesn't return before the Olympic break so every precaution is taken.

Still, it's good news to see he's progressing again.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
  #102
mitchy22
Registered User
 
mitchy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Hamonic is wearing a full contact jersey and is doing four drills with the team at practice today. Good signs.

For what it's worth, it looks like Regin may be the guy to go when Hamonic is ready to come off IR. New lines today and he's being phased out.
Thank the God of Hockey if this last part comes to fruition, but I know my hope in a randomly better line combination will be short-lived. Having said that last little disclaimer, the line with Regin, Nielsen and Bailey was just a horrible idea. If Regin is truly being phased out, at least it changes that one line combo. Sadly, its replacement will probably still be poorly imagined when it's done.

I wouldn't mind if Regin was dropped to 4th line center, but only because of what you could then do with the rest of the lineup. I realize our 4th line has been effective, but Cizikas has way more offense in him than Regin while Regin wouldn't be totally worthless in a 4th line role.

I mean, does this not look more balanced(?):

Vanek-JT-KO
Bailey-Nelson-Nielsen
Grabner-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Martin-Regin-McDonald

I know I'm asking for miracles that they actually move Nielsen to the right side, but we really need to try him there already (for a lot of reasons.) The left side is up for debate, mostly Grabner and Bailey, but I think you need to take a look at our current contracts and get an idea for the future of this lineup. We should have put something like this together much earlier. (If anyone cares for me to continue this line of thought, I might simply look for a more relevant thread to continue it. I have a ton of reasoning behind this which I'm obviously overly willing to share. )

More on topic, I hope Hamonic stays symptom free. It would be terrible to see his career ended early from any of this. I've been back and forth between KO and Hammer for my next jersey going back to last season. Pains me to not see the kid in the lineup almost as much as it pains me to see AMac getting too many minutes.

,
Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:17 PM
  #103
mitchy22
Registered User
 
mitchy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Considering how important he is to the team going forward, he better be 100% before returning. The kid is a warrior and you know it kills him to miss a shift, let alone a game. Protect him from himself and protect an important long term asset for the organization. I personally hope he doesn't return before the Olympic break so every precaution is taken.

Still, it's good news to see he's progressing again.
Words of wisdom this organization didn't apply enough in the past. It does seem like they're being more careful these days, but they really need to be beyond careful with Hamonic. He's just too huge a piece to mishandle. Plus, since he's not a goalie, we might actually do it properly.

,
Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 10:41 AM
  #104
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,251
vCash: 500
The latest from Staple's Newsday article:

Quote:
D Travis Hamonic (concussion) practiced fully Wednesday, his first full contact workout since early last week. He may be in line to return for Saturday's game against the Avalanche, the final game before the Olympic break.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...p-up-1.6965146

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 10:43 AM
  #105
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
The latest from Staple's Newsday article:



http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...p-up-1.6965146
Please do not play him Saturday.

The season is pretty much over. There is no point to bring him back before the 17 day break for the Olympics. Just give him the extra 2.5 weeks rest. Hamonic is a key player for the Islanders and concussions are serious and potentially career threatening. Extra rest can't hurt.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 10:49 AM
  #106
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Please do not play him Saturday.

The season is pretty much over. There is no point to bring him back before the 17 day break for the Olympics. Just give him the extra 2.5 weeks rest. Hamonic is a key player for the Islanders and concussions are serious and potentially career threatening. Extra rest can't hurt.
I feel the same way, getting a game in before the Olympic break is not worth the risk. Get fully healthy and work out during the break, return afterwards raring to go.

Maybe AMac is dealt by Friday? The organization has the best read on Hamonic's recovery and if they feel that he's definitely ready to go for Saturday... just sayin.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
  #107
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I feel the same way, getting a game in before the Olympic break is not worth the risk. Get fully healthy and work out during the break, return afterwards raring to go.

Maybe AMac is dealt by Friday? The organization has the best read on Hamonic's recovery and if they feel that he's definitely ready to go for Saturday... just sayin.
Let's hope Hammer gets through Saturday, giving him more time makes the most sense but the Islanders and common sense don't go together.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 11:17 AM
  #108
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,149
vCash: 500
The only reason they would play Hamonic Saturday is if they still have hope for this season. Maybe if they lose tonight they'll hold Hammer out.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 11:23 AM
  #109
fishstick
Registered User
 
fishstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Please do not play him Saturday.

The season is pretty much over. There is no point to bring him back before the 17 day break for the Olympics. Just give him the extra 2.5 weeks rest. Hamonic is a key player for the Islanders and concussions are serious and potentially career threatening. Extra rest can't hurt.
Agree. Don't take the risk for only one game

fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 01:36 PM
  #110
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Please do not play him Saturday.

The season is pretty much over. There is no point to bring him back before the 17 day break for the Olympics. Just give him the extra 2.5 weeks rest. Hamonic is a key player for the Islanders and concussions are serious and potentially career threatening. Extra rest can't hurt.
Agree with you. Even though I still hold some small hope of getting back into the race it is not worth risking his health. The extra rest will give him a much better chance at a more complete recovery.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 02:50 PM
  #111
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,381
vCash: 50
He's been activated off of IR per the team.

http://nyisl.es/toNLd

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 02:58 PM
  #112
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 50
No point in letting him play Saturday. Just let him rest up until after the break.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM
  #113
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
He's been activated off of IR per the team.

http://nyisl.es/toNLd
Prefer they rest him but this is still good news.. now the Regin is traded does this mean that Hamonic takes his roster spot, giving us 9 D and only 12 forwards on the active roster? We already had an extra D before this, I think.

Edit: Obviously I realize that Strome and maybe Lee or a trade may adjust the number of roster forwards right after the Olympic break, but was just curious if Hamonic is taking Regin's roster spot with no more current moves as of now.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
  #114
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
Prefer they rest him but this is still good news.. now the Regin is traded does this mean that Hamonic takes his roster spot, giving us 9 D and only 12 forwards on the active roster? We already had an extra D before this, I think.

Edit: Obviously I realize that Strome and maybe Lee or a trade may adjust the number of roster forwards right after the Olympic break, but was just curious if Hamonic is taking Regin's roster spot with no more current moves as of now.
Yes, at least for tomorrow's game it will be 12 F and 9 D.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 03:30 PM
  #115
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,936
vCash: 500
Just give him the extra game and th Olympic break.

There's no downside to sitting him one more game and haveing a few extra weeks.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 05:03 PM
  #116
Hip Of Rick
Registered User
 
Hip Of Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 500
Would be dumb if they bring him back, may as well give him the extra 2 weeks.
Only in Islander land

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 07:13 PM
  #117
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Would be dumb if they bring him back, may as well give him the extra 2 weeks.
Only in Islander land
Just curious, for all your negativity and complaining, you sure you are not a closet Ranger fan?

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
  #118
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 500
Glad the kid is feeling better.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 03:38 AM
  #119
MaryChristine*
27 91 21
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strome18 View Post
Just curious, for all your negativity and complaining, you sure you are not a closet Ranger fan?
There you go again... Brainy...
A Ranger fan wouldn't complain about Hamonic coming back early... It's not negativity, it's taking extra precaution to avoid further unnecessary injury.

MaryChristine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 07:42 AM
  #120
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Second significant concussion in 2 years. What's the rush?

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:31 AM
  #121
Hip Of Rick
Registered User
 
Hip Of Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strome18 View Post
Just curious, for all your negativity and complaining, you sure you are not a closet Ranger fan?
Why would you want Hamonic playing tonight? May as well let him get the 2 extra weeks of rest/no contact skating.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:09 AM
  #122
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Why would you want Hamonic playing tonight? May as well let him get the 2 extra weeks of rest/no contact skating.
Overall comment, not about this post, in general.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 01:43 PM
  #123
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,529
vCash: 500
Does any here think that maybe Hamonic wants to play?

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 01:53 PM
  #124
burana800
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
If he is 100% let him play. It's not like he is gonna be 110% in two weeks. I don't know if he is 100% but I know he wants to play.

burana800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 02:10 PM
  #125
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
Does any here think that maybe Hamonic wants to play?
By some of the comic relief in this post, no one would believe it.
I tend to think it is a combination of management, player and doctors. This should help all 3 parts understand if there are any lingering effects after a game.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.