HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Islanders-Rangers '84 playoffs on ESPN Classic Sunday

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 11:14 PM

vCash: 500
Islanders-Rangers '84 playoffs on ESPN Classic Sunday

On Sunday October 5, ESPN Classic will be showing the Isles vs Ranger$ game 5 of the '84 playoffs. The classic overtime game and probably the best game I ever saw. Considering the Islanders history and dynasty that says a lot.

"MORROW SHOOTS, HE SCORES!!!!! ISLANDERS WIN!!!"

1984 PATRICK DIVISION SEMIFINALS, GAME 5
NEW YORK RANGER$ VS NEW YORK ISLANDERS
UNIONDALE, NY, USA

Starting at 4 pm until 6 pm on ESPN Classic

Old
10-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Islanders4Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
"MORROW SHOOTS, HE SCORES!!!!! ISLANDERS WIN!!!"

1984 PATRICK DIVISION SEMIFINALS, GAME 5
NEW YORK RANGER$ VS NEW YORK ISLANDERS
UNIONDALE, NY, USA

Yeaaah, just in time to get me really pumped for the season!

Old
10-01-2003, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Cups
Yeaaah, just in time to get me really pumped for the season!
Yup, good timing. I'll be watching and taping this instead of football on Sunday.

Old
10-01-2003, 10:19 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Yup, good timing. I'll be watching and taping this instead of football on Sunday.

Good job 19. For years I have been waiting to get this one on tape because I was at this game and right next to where Morrow shot for the goal downstairs. Could not even look at the end of the ice when Bob Brooke had that chance in overtime, just the gasp of the crowd told me Smith somehow kept it out.

Best game I have ever seen.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Good <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="background-color: #f0f000; " HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> 19. For years I have been waiting to get this one on tape because I was at this game and right next to where Morrow shot for the goal downstairs. Could not even look at the end of the ice when Bob Brooke had that chance in overtime, just the gasp of the crowd told me Smith somehow kept it out.

Best game I have ever seen.
Yes, best game I've ever seen too.

I actually have it already on tape but want to replace my old worn copy with a new one. I was at that game also and thought the game was over when Brooke cut in but Smitty was solid. That save, along with Smitty stopping Ruotsalainen in an earlier series at MSG, had to be the best of his career along with some gems against Edmonton.

That overtime and half of the third period were the most exciting minutes of hockey I've seen in 30 years. The thing that I'll always remember is the look on Herb Brook's face while Arbour calmly walked off the ice with a big grin on his face and Morrow getting tackled and mobbed by his teammates. A classic with so many chances at both ends.

Closed Thread