HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Jan. 16, 2014| Predators 4 (SO 3-2) at Flyers 3

Old
01-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Wayne Simmonds is now second on the team in scoring. 35 points in 48 games. He is on pace for a 60 point season if he keeps it up. Almost 30 goal pace too, getting some damn good play out of him right now.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
It's incredible given how bad he was in October. Back then it seemed like he couldn't skate properly or make a simple pass.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

I haven't seen the game yet, nor have I seen the highlights, but I had a dream that the result of the shootout was overturned and the Flyers were given the two points.

01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Teezax

I don't blame Mason, I blame our first 4 shooters. Lecavalier's attempt was weak, G tried to be too fancy. I don't get why Berube doesn't switch it up, go with who's hot in that particular game. I would have personally put Mesz in there with the game he was having.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Raffl needs to come off the top line. I like him and want him in the lineup but he cannot be on the first line anymore.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Hiesenberg

As Bill Meltzer pointed out today, that was a hard game for Flyers fans to watch Weber do exactly what we need in Philly.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:22 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Tough game. I didn't get to watch it but my phone was updating all night about the score. At least we got a point of it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:25 AM
bluechipbonzo

See you Saturday

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
As Bill Meltzer pointed out today, that was a hard game for Flyers fans to watch Weber do exactly what we need in Philly.
He's a traitor. We arrange for him to be set for life and this is how he pays us back!?

01-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Cardds

Everyone complaining about this game and blaming Mason are idiots. The universe was against us last night with that unbelievably lucky save by Hutton on the empty net. Let's not forget that Mason had more shots against hence more saves than Hutton and kept us alive in the 3rd period. So what if we lost in the skills competition to a 1 for 19 team in shootouts? They finally broke out of that funk and it happened to be us, luck of the draw I suppose. That was the only time I've seen Mason play that bad in the shootout (also he stopped the first 4 shooters, if the Flyers simply scored one goal in the first 3-4 rounds we would have won). Bryz was always bad in them and pretty much every shootout was almost a guaranteed loss with him in net. The important thing is the Flyers tied it late in the third to get that all important point to keep them ahead of the Rangers, that's how I look at it.

Cardds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Hiesenberg

The D & Goaltending has been shaky for a while now. Berube needs to decide to try to keep the offense going or go back into that D shell and not allow more than 2 goals a game.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
See you Saturday

And Monday. Hope it's another 7-0 Holiday Spectacular.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:01 PM
thefatjesus*

Hey, I saw a deal proposed by someone from your fanbase and I think its actually a really good deal for both sides. No real risk involved

Patrick Wiercioch

Steve Downie + 2nd

I think it is a win win scenario, not sure if its perfect but I think this deal or one very similar can work.

what do yo guys think?

thefatjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Curufinwe

I'd do it.

You want Meszaros as a throw in, too? If the Flyers add Weirioch they would have 9 D. Maybe they can trade Mez to Boston for a pick after he plays with Chara at the Olympics.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:06 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardds View Post
Everyone complaining about this game and blaming Mason are idiots. The universe was against us last night with that unbelievably lucky save by Hutton on the empty net. Let's not forget that Mason had more shots against hence more saves than Hutton and kept us alive in the 3rd period. So what if we lost in the skills competition to a 1 for 19 team in shootouts? They finally broke out of that funk and it happened to be us, luck of the draw I suppose. That was the only time I've seen Mason play that bad in the shootout (also he stopped the first 4 shooters, if the Flyers simply scored one goal in the first 3-4 rounds we would have won). Bryz was always bad in them and pretty much every shootout was almost a guaranteed loss with him in net. The important thing is the Flyers tied it late in the third to get that all important point to keep them ahead of the Rangers, that's how I look at it.
Agreed. Anyone who blames the loss on Mason last night is an idiot. Seeing the people who are blamming him, I am not surprised. He came up with plenty of big saves last night when we were down a goal. There was nothing he could do on any of those goals. ****** team defense does not equal ****** goaltending. That's just how the majority around here see it. Once again, I'm not surprised. We lost in the shootout. Mason made the first four saves. Get a shooter to score and we win. But nah lets blame the goalie like always.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:11 PM
thefatjesus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I'd do it.

You want Meszaros as a throw in, too? If the Flyers add Weirioch they would have 9 D. Maybe they can trade Mez to Boston for a pick after he plays with Chara at the Olympics.
I would take him off your hands, the only problem is Ottawa cant take on a lot of salary. So realistically I think your better off grabbing Wiercioch, then flipping Mez for a pick like you said.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:11 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I'd do it.

I would too. I really don't see room for Downie going into next season so it's almost like just giving up a 2nd for a 23 year old, big d-man who can put up some points and is signed for cheap. He'll still be an RFA when his contract expires too.

This would actually help a lot IMO. He's no Kimmo replacement but given his uncertain future and the organization's problem with a costly defense and no NHL ready d prospects Wiercioch could definitely help the team.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Curufinwe

The Flyers could retain half of Meszaros' salary as a sweetener.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Flyerss

i would trade either Downie or 2nd+late pick for him not both of them

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Waffles View Post
Agreed. Anyone who blames the loss on Mason last night is an idiot. Seeing the people who are blamming him, I am not surprised. He came up with plenty of big saves last night when we were down a goal. There was nothing he could do on any of those goals. ****** team defense does not equal ****** goaltending. That's just how the majority around here see it. Once again, I'm not surprised. We lost in the shootout. Mason made the first four saves. Get a shooter to score and we win. But nah lets blame the goalie like always.
Yeah, don't see how you can blame Mason at all. In fact, he kept the Flyers in the game and gave them multiple opportunities to win in the shootout. He had no chance on the first two goals and I can't fault him for not stopping a 300 mph slapper from Weber. In the shootout, the scorers for the Preds all made great moves/shots; I think they deserve the credit instead of Mason receiving the blame. Just my three cents.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:24 PM
thefatjesus*

Quote:
The Flyers could retain half of Meszaros' salary as a sweetener.
Ya I could see that working, would you want a throw in forward in the loss of Downie? we could give you Erik Condra whos a pk guy.

You guys will love Wiercioch, i know usually when you throw a guy out in a trade its because hes playing bad or what not. But really wiercioch is too good to not play, and philly is my second favorite team so if I could see a talent like him not be wasted, And see him succeed on philly I would be extremely happy.

Downie isnt really having a great season but hed get an opportunity to play with Spezza, a gritty guy like him would be a nice addition I think.

I wouldnt be suprised if a deal similar to this is being discussed, Wiercioch is available and im sure Homer would be calling.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:28 PM
thefatjesus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
i would trade either Downie or 2nd+late pick for him not both of them
Ya I could see losing the 2nd being a little tough for Homer to do. I think if its there the deal is done. But how about Downie + 3rd? I cant see how that deal doesn't help philly. But obviously Ottawa would prefer the 2nd, and like I said if the 2nd is there Ottawa would say yes. I think Downie being a UFA doesnt give Ottawa much security so the 2nd allows Ottawa to get a decent return if a contract extension fro Downie doesn't pan out.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

As nice as Raffl has been, he is not a 1st line player nor should he be on the first line.

Frustrating game to watch.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 07:36 PM
FlyingPhilly

Hell, I would do the Hartnell for Wiercioch trade let alone Downie + 2nd + Mez for Wiercioch + something. Yeah, I do not like Hartnell; that is not a secret.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote