HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings 2013-14 Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2014, 05:13 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Definitely did forget Brown's extension but that's really the only thing I forgot. I certainly wasn't expecting $8M in cap space but more on the lines of $5 or so. And that's more than enough to get someone who doesn't suck on the LW.
Are we talking as a UFA or in trade? As a UFA you are looking at $5.5 million for a Filppula, so we'd have to go below that.

If we are talking trade, what are we willing to give up to get this winger?

Old
01-17-2014, 05:20 PM
DaAnimal

Though I would love Vanek I just don't see him being successful in our style of play, especially as a pure rental.

Moulson... Well I wouldn't mind but at what cost?

Patches/Kane/Ladd are my choices... But again, at what cost?

I'm pretty sure we will make a move by the deadline.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Are we talking as a UFA or in trade? As a UFA you are looking at $5.5 million for a Filppula, so we'd have to go below that.

If we are talking trade, what are we willing to give up to get this winger?
Either. Because we need a LWer desperately. I'm not saying we need a superstar goal scoring LWer but Clifford should never see ice time above a 4th line role, King is fine in the top 6, Brown is just meh. Pearson is maybe ready but needs to prove himself. I'm fine with a 3rd line LWer.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:57 PM
SFKingshomer

Montreal isn't trading Pacioretty so he should be taken off everyones wish list

Old
01-17-2014, 06:18 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Though I would love Vanek I just don't see him being successful in our style of play, especially as a pure rental.

Moulson... Well I wouldn't mind but at what cost?

Patches/Kane/Ladd are my choices... But again, at what cost?

I'm pretty sure we will make a move by the deadline.
Vanek would fit perfectly.. How would he not work in our style..

Old
01-17-2014, 07:44 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Dreger on TSN Insider Trading said the Kings are after a rental and are looking at Cammalleri, Fleischmann and Vanek.
He also said Moulson too

Dreger claims the LA Kings could look at rental players like Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, NY Islanders’ Thomas Vanek, perhaps Florida’s Tomas Fleischmann or Buffalo’s Matt Moulson.

Old
01-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
He also said Moulson too

Dreger claims the LA Kings could look at rental players like Calgary’s Mike Cammalleri, NY Islanders’ Thomas Vanek, perhaps Florida’s Tomas Fleischmann or Buffalo’s Matt Moulson.
Nothing very revealing, more of what most of us had assumed already. I'd say it's a bigger advantage to bring in a newly acquired player a few weeks before the deadline so that they can get acclimated and adjusted to their new settings much earlier before the playoffs.

Old
01-17-2014, 09:37 PM
KingsHockey24

Cammalleri's speed and shot would be nice.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:20 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Vanek is a pipe dream. It wouldn't cost both a ton to acquire and retain him (if that's even possible as I think he ends up with the Wild).

Old
01-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsHockey24 View Post
Cammalleri's speed and shot would be nice.
I'm torn. That's all I remember him having. Would he survive a series against the blues? Does he back check at all? Yes, he would help our PP.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:26 PM
johnjm22

Cammy does not have speed.

He is however an excellent finisher; fantastic shot, knows how to be in the right place at the right time, and has performed well in the playoffs.

Old
01-18-2014, 12:42 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Either. Because we need a LWer desperately. I'm not saying we need a superstar goal scoring LWer but Clifford should never see ice time above a 4th line role, King is fine in the top 6, Brown is just meh. Pearson is maybe ready but needs to prove himself. I'm fine with a 3rd line LWer.
I didn't say superstar, and Filppula is certainly not a superstar, yet he costs $5 million and has a NMC/NTC. In UFA you won't get a very good offensive minded forward for $4-$5 million, especially since the cap is going up and most teams can spend. That's my point, it's easy to say just go get someone but it really is easier said than done.

Which leads to the trade route, and again, who are we trading to get a goalscoring forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
He also said Moulson too

I don't know if there is anyone on TV (not counting Sportsnet) that I trust less about trade rumours than Dreger. He's good at breaking trades when they happen, but most of his rumours hold together like a pinata at a fat kids birthday.

Last edited by Raccoon Jesus: 01-18-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
01-18-2014, 12:56 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I didn't say superstar, and Filppula is certainly not a superstar, yet he costs $5 million and has a NMC/NTC. In UFA you won't get a very good offensive minded forward for $4-$5 million, especially since the cap is going up and most teams can spend. That's my point, it's easy to say just go get someone but it really is easier said than done.

Which leads to the trade route, and again, who are we trading to get a goalscoring forward?
I'm not sure Milan Michalek will get another contract in Ottawa. Connection with Dean, LWer, speed, can score goals but not a huge number guy this year. He's who I'd be looking at. And if we did trade, every person possible's name has been out there thanks to Darren Dreger.

Old
01-18-2014, 04:23 AM
Vino

Quote:
This.

Quote:
I'm not sure Milan Michalek will get another contract in Ottawa. Connection with Dean, LWer, speed, can score goals but not a huge number guy this year. He's who I'd be looking at. And if we did trade, every person possible's name has been out there thanks to Darren Dreger.
And this. Michalek is big enough, but how good he is defensively? His +/- -numbers are pretty bad. And he is really injureprone.

Problem is that Senators are fighting playoffsspot now, so most likely Bryan Murray is buyer, not seller, when trademarkets heat up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?i...e=nhl-senators

Old
01-18-2014, 04:38 AM
SFKingshomer

I like Kulemin

Old
01-18-2014, 04:51 AM
Nizar

All LWs belong to us. Buy, buy buy. We want them all.

Old
01-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Ollie Weeks
First In, Last Out

I have a buddy who follows the Sens. Michalek's speed is seemingly diminished from injuries, he's having a very rough year. Which is a shame, I'd have liked him here.

Old
01-18-2014, 09:40 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
I like Kulemin
For our top 6? Yikes. I see the Leafs often living in the area and he is not the same guy who potted 30 goals a few years back. You can debate about who he plays with or the system Randy runs being the reasons but his game has regressed and he won't get back to that level of scoring, no matter who you pair him with in LA.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Flieschmann (sp) out of FLA. The question for me with him is can he hold up health wise in the west night in and night out. He has talent but sometimes his head doesn't seem in it. Maybe a change does him good.

What would the cost be? Vey and a 3rd? He hasn't had a good season so the cost could be bearable but it depends if other teams join in on the bidding. I was surprised to see Erat land Flip Forsberg as a return at last seasons deadline, so you never know how desperate a rival GM could get.

Old
01-18-2014, 10:01 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Michalek? **** no. He had about 20 goals in 20 games in 2011-2012 but other than that he's barely been able to reach 20 goals a season. He has 11 goals in his last 71 games, that's nearly Pancakes level. He'll be good for about 15-20 goals and 40 points and cost $4 million year and be the new punching bag for fans.

Also, there is no DL connection. Michalek was drafted in 2003 by SJ and DL was fired before that draft.

Last edited by Raccoon Jesus: 01-18-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
KingsHockey24

Is Frolov avaliable?

Old
01-18-2014, 11:01 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Is Frolov avaliable?
KHL stats this season for Fro:44 games played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 18 points, minus 17.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Axl Rhoadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
KHL stats this season for Fro:44 games played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 18 points, minus 17.
Sounds like he's having a great season.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Is Frolov avaliable?
can he help us get morale victories? We've been losing too much recently...

Old
01-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Peter James Bond

Interesting update: Saturday noon from the pooslinger:

Onto the rumors...

On Thomas Vanek...

Keep hearing the Kings are the top dog in this race, but the isle are very much still considering extending him!

On Matt Moulson...

The Kings are also in Matt Moulson, of course they wouldn't be acquiring both players, but it is interesting and looks to be a good bet that they could grab one of the two.. The penguins also have interest! as do several other teams...including the islanders.

+++++++++++++++++++++

what would it take? I think the Isles need a better young goaltender than Kevin Poulin. I bet they have interest in Jones. They could then give us Nabokov in the deal or the Kings could get another backup somewhere.

Jones, Toffoli, Pearson. Is that enough? Not sure if I would deal Toffoli at all.
We would have to clear cap room, so it would be best to deal 1 high salaried player back.

Last edited by Peter James Bond: 01-18-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old
01-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Vanek would be an amazing acquisition, it would just sting that he is more likely a rental though. I just can't see him re-signing with us, especially for a reasonable amount. Vanek would be a dream come true though and is probably #1 on the players we could acquire. I would still put my money on us acquiring Moulson, just based on the re-signing factor and price, but the difference between Moulson and Vanek is very significant.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Closed Thread