HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYI Defense = Under Construction

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 12:46 PM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Scratch Ulanov

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132522

Oilers sign Ulanov and Markkanen

The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms on contracts with goaltender Jussi Markkanen and defenceman Igor Ulanov. Markkanen has agreed to a two-year contract with the Oilers, while Ulanov has come to terms on a one-year deal.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:46 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch
an FYI to this thread...mcgillis only gets 2.2 mil.
that's more in the range i thought he would get, but didn't he sign 2 years for 8.4 million?

Old
08-05-2005, 01:03 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
that's more in the range i thought he would get, but didn't he sign 2 years for 8.4 million?
http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...hy.asp?ID=3742

Old
08-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Devil's advocate here re: Defense

On paper the Islanders boasted a strong top 4 the past couple of years. On the ice, they simply were never that cohesive defensively. Even KJ/AA was troubling at times (especially against TB), Hamrlik frustrated constantly, Niinimaa was restricted due to watching Eric Cairns...

Maybe, just maybe with the alleged opening up of the game, Janne, Brent and "the other Alexei" may become a better unit than the 2nd version of the "Fab Four".

The problem I now see with this team's defense is totally related to the forwards. Outside of Blake and Bates there isn't much in the way of a pk unit or shutdown unit.

We'll see but I am excited about the acquisitions of Zhitnik, York and Satan. There is now a legitimate threat on RW (I don't view Parrish as a threat and Hunter's not experienced enough).

Old
08-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Devil's advocate here re: Defense

On paper the Islanders boasted a strong top 4 the past couple of years. On the ice, they simply were never that cohesive defensively. Even KJ/AA was troubling at times (especially against TB), Hamrlik frustrated constantly, Niinimaa was restricted due to watching Eric Cairns...

Maybe, just maybe with the alleged opening up of the game, Janne, Brent and "the other Alexei" may become a better unit than the 2nd version of the "Fab Four".

The problem I now see with this team's defense is totally related to the forwards. Outside of Blake and Bates there isn't much in the way of a pk unit or shutdown unit.

We'll see but I am excited about the acquisitions of Zhitnik, York and Satan. There is now a legitimate threat on RW (I don't view Parrish as a threat and Hunter's not experienced enough).

Just a few things. As for the PK. Kvasha plays PK as well as York and Satan. Bergenheim, plenty of guys to play the pk.

As for the D, they are negotiating with Hamrlik to bring him back to the fold.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
CosmoKramer

vCash:
As of now here are our dman -janne,sopel,zhitnik,martinek,lukowich,pettinen and bouchard.Im getting the feeling that mm doesnt feel that the kids are ready to go and i guess it would take a monster training camp to wind up making the bid squad.

Closed Thread