HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(<-- the website) Mathieu Darche officially claim Subban should be the next Captain

Old
01-17-2014, 06:19 PM
PricePkPatch*

vCash: 500
(<-- the website) Mathieu Darche officially claim Subban should be the next Captain

Mon Prochain Capitaine

Quote:
La semaine dernière, j’ai déclaré à l’Antichambre que je verrais P.K. Subban comme le prochain capitaine des Canadiens. Je voulais prendre le temps de vous expliquer mon raisonnement.

[...]
Last week, I said in the Antichambre that I would see P.K. Subban as the Habs' next captain. I wanted to take the time to explain my reasoning...

[...]

If people seem enthusiast about this thread, I'll happily make a translation of the article. kk?

In the meanwhile: here's a synopsis:

1- Darche see Gionta back next year with the Habs, think that he's doing a good job even if he's not producing offensively
2- Think that Plek and Gorges would make good captains too, as they are of the same mold as Gionta
3- Believes Subban would be a completely different sort of Captain, with his enthusiam and skill. He's the sort of leader that would lead through example because he always give his best and always with full determination.
4- Even if he's lambasted in the Media. Even if he's benched. Even if analysts claim that Team Canada won't take him; the next time PK Subban jumps on the ice, you will always see him give his best. Subban has the strength of character to be constant despite all the distractions that would derail other players.
5- Believes naming Subban captain would responsibilize him even more regarding his on-ice behaviour. He already made so much progress since his rookie season. While Subban might have angered some of his teammate, never believe hearsays regarding him being a locker room cancer; it's ********. He was just young and filled with personality.
6- Claims that he's been a great admirer of Subban since the 1st day he's seen him play, and believe he's make a great long-term Captain.

You heard it, folks. An actual ex-teammate of Subban's opened up and said it the way it is!!!

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:28 PM
MDN

**** yes!

MDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:32 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Darche you beauty!

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:33 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

As much as I think Subban could handle the pressure, I'm not quite sure I want him dealing with it yet.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:35 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
As much as I think Subban could handle the pressure, I'm not quite sure I want him dealing with it yet.
I suppose your key word is "yet"?

Old
01-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Captain Saku

Plekanec is my choice. Or Markov. As a transition period before putting that C on Subban's chest.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Plekanec needs it, sorry.

I'm all for giving A's to Subban, Patches and Markov though.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:55 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Plekanec is my choice. Or Markov. As a transition period before putting that C on Subban's chest.
Same here, we know Subban's time will come, it's a matter of when. As for right now, let's hope he start to get some recognition by at least getting an A on his jersey soon.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:56 PM
M.C.G. 31
DELETE.

vCash: 50
I'd give it to Plekanec before Subban, but Subban will be captain in the future.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

He would be my choice as well. From what we see from the outside watching games, interviews and 24ch.

It would be included in my 8 years contract offer.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

He should have an "A" for awhile first. When Gionta goes, he inherits the "A" from whoever gets the "C". The "C" will come in time. Unless of course we get some other captain-y type super-captain.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

With the way this management have handled Subban, I have a hard time believing they would give him the C.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 07:31 PM
shutehinside

I don't think he's ready yet but he will be and he'll be a great captain.

I think he'll be the captain after the next on is named.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 07:32 PM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
From what I've seen coming from Subban, I think he deserves to be Captain, if not today, someday (Because there are others in the team that deserves it as much/more).
He is so charismatic off ice from all the videos I've watched, and I'm sure he's also very good on ice.

I just love the way he shows his emotions in games, when he's happy, when he's angry, he lets the team know, his level of energy is so high I'm sure it could spark this team, unlike a certain Captain we have right now.

Problem I have is, sadly, his reputation which he can't seem to shake off, which I fear could affect the way media, referees, and such handle him. It's stupid really but I have a feeling that could negatively affect this, and it's unfair because he really doesn't deserve all that hate he gets.

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
My favorite would be Plekanec captain, with Markov and Subban as the assistants. Gorges if a third assistant is allowed.

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Smokey Thompson

Assuming Gio is around for another year or two, Subban will be the next captain.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:21 PM
poetryinmotion

Hell yes Darche, my man. Start the movement. Plant that seed, and watch the magnificent tree grow. You might have been useful after all.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:22 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
He should have an "A" for awhile first. When Gionta goes, he inherits the "A" from whoever gets the "C". The "C" will come in time. Unless of course we get some other captain-y type super-captain.
An A doesn't suit him at all. An insult really.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

2015 Plekanec "C", Markov "A", Gorges "A", Subban "A"

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I heard that P.K. did a huge speech after his penalty and "deserved" benching in the plane last time, thats character.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Neither of them.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:12 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Hell yes Darche, my man. Start the movement. Plant that seed, and watch the magnificent tree grow. You might have been useful after all.
How could you ever doubt Darche Superstar?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I heard that P.K. did a huge speech after his penalty and "deserved" benching in the plane last time, thats character.
May I have a source? First I heard about this.

Old
01-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Think about the last few cup winners... their captains played INTERGRAL roles in their teams success. They were always one of, if not the best player on their respective teams.

Toews, Dustin Brown, Chara, Toews, Crosby, Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, Brind'amour

Gorges will never be the first to raise the stanley cup. Neither will markov, nor will plekanec (as amazing of a player he is). Subban is the only guy who can be compared to those listed above in terms of difference makers on the ice (Yes Brown was ELITE during that playoff run in his own right).

Subban is the only player I can see raising that cup first on this team. He should be given the captaincy as soon as next season, like darche said, it'll help him mature even more. Who cares about the added pressure... he's already got more pressure on him than fkn carey price. He not only welcomes it, but thrives on it. The more attention this guy gets, the better he is. The more important the game is, the more he steps up.

This guy is meant to lead a team through his passion for winning and his skill. Don't expect any stanley cups before he has the C. He is the only player capable of leading this team to the cup.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:49 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Think about the last few cup winners... their captains played INTERGRAL roles in their teams success. They were always one of, if not the best player on their respective teams.

Toews, Dustin Brown, Chara, Toews, Crosby, Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, Brind'amour

Gorges will never be the first to raise the stanley cup. Neither will markov, nor will plekanec (as amazing of a player he is). Subban is the only guy who can be compared to those listed above in terms of difference makers on the ice (Yes Brown was ELITE during that playoff run in his own right).

Subban is the only player I can see raising that cup first on this team. He should be given the captaincy as soon as next season, like darche said, it'll help him mature even more. Who cares about the added pressure... he's already got more pressure on him than fkn carey price. He not only welcomes it, but thrives on it. The more attention this guy gets, the better he is. The more important the game is, the more he steps up.

This guy is meant to lead a team through his passion for winning and his skill. Don't expect any stanley cups before he has the C. He is the only player capable of leading this team to the cup.
A convincing argument.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Montreal Shadow

Really? Subban never struck me as a leader. I always viewed him as the type of guy that is the best but doesn't care about being the boss.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote