HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(<-- the website) Mathieu Darche officially claim Subban should be the next Captain

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2014, 06:46 PM
  #101
Native
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 381
vCash: 605
i think the next captain should be plecs, even if markov is resigned. both markov and gorges as assistants.

once one of those three move on, then i'm ok with subban taking on an "A" on his jersey.

down the line, with further maturity and refinement, i'm all for subban for being named the captain. it's just too early in his career to be given this honor.

while he has the drive, passion and skill, he still lacks the authority, self-control and respect.

things like: embellishment, losing his cool and taking dumb penalties, cheapshots etc. he has to focus himself. rid himself of those foolish distractions to his overall game.

i recall recently, subban yapping up the philly bench prior to a faceoff. markov came by and nudged him away without saying a word or changing his facial expression (i.e. that russian serious look). i thought that was so telling of the different level of focus between the two.

i love subban. i want him to be a hab for his whole career. he's a very special player, person, and character. i look forward to seeing him mature and become the ultimate teammate.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:47 PM
  #102
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
who followed his lead ?


come on now... that's a BS reason for giving the C to a player...
man you argue stupid today

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:51 PM
  #103
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
man you argue stupid today
really, cause I think being "electric" isnt a reason to give the C to someone ?

how about LEADERSHIP qualities Einstein ? care to think and come up with what constitute leadership ? (whatever the field) ?


and huh, it was rhetoric, dont bother, you can't see beyond a guy flashyness and FAN popularity.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:55 PM
  #104
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
really, cause I think being "electric" isnt a reason to give the C to someone ?

how about LEADERSHIP qualities Einstein ? care to think and come up with what constitute leadership ? (whatever the field) ?


and huh, it was rhetoric, dont bother, you can't see beyond a guy flashyness and FAN popularity.
Yes, because being electric and leading by example is not a sign of leadership?

Subban walks the talk. Why are you so ******* offended at the idea of Subban being Captain material?

Subban is always the last to leave the ice. He makes sure he congratulates every teammates after a win. He's playful and easygoing out of the ice. He do his best, listens to the coach and always say the right things in public. He downplay controversies, and is always the first to talk good about his teammates.

Man, he's such a ****ing selfish loser, AMIRITE ECWHSWI?!?!

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:57 PM
  #105
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Yes, because being electric and leading by example is not a sign of leadership?

Subban walks the talk. Why are you so ******* offended at the idea of Subban being Captain material?

Subban is always the last to leave the ice. He makes sure he congratulates every teammates after a win. He's playful and easygoing out of the ice. He do his best, listens to the coach and always say the right things in public. He downplay controversies, and is always the first to talk good about his teammates.

Man, he's such a ****ing selfish loser, AMIRITE ECWHSWI?!?!
guess I'm not the one arguing stupid today.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:00 PM
  #106
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
guess I'm not the one arguing stupid today.
So you are clearly out of arguments and can't even come up with something to say in answer to me?

It's all right. I accept your forfeit.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:04 PM
  #107
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
So you are clearly out of arguments and can't even come up with something to say in answer to me?

It's all right. I accept your forfeit.


what do you want me to say, talent aside, you pretty much described Darche in your last reply... maybe he should have been captain too

I know it's hard to get, but it's a possibility that your little darling doesnt have what it takes to "control the room" you know...

I know he's a god to you or something, but he may not be for his teammates, who are the ones he'd be leading, making speeches to, etc if he was a C...


but yeah, he's good and exuberant.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:10 PM
  #108
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post


what do you want me to say, talent aside, you pretty much described Darche in your last reply... maybe he should have been captain too

I know it's hard to get, but it's a possibility that your little darling doesnt have what it takes to "control the room" you know...

I know he's a god to you or something, but he may not be for his teammates, who are the ones he'd be leading, making speeches to, etc if he was a C...



but yeah, he's good and exuberant.
And pray tell me how do you know better that Markov, Gorges or Plekanec would be?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
  #109
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
And pray tell me how do you know better that Markov, Gorges or Plekanec would be?
that's the thing... I'm not spending my time here pretending to know stuff I dont...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
  #110
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 25,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Well, Potvin, Lidstrom, Yzerman and Gainey really played on stacked teams. When there's a lot of leadership and talent in a room, who has the C doesn't really matter too much. People with leadership take charge and things happen.

Counter example to your examples, Messier.
Messier has a complete different personality than Subban. Messier is the one telling to the players to get in line, Subban is the one getting out of line.


Last edited by Kimota: 08-05-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
  #111
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that's the thing... I'm not spending my time here pretending to know stuff I dont...
Exactly. Hence why you can't disprove the suggestion advanced by Darche, who actually KNOWS, that Subban would make a great captain.

Now, based on what we CAN experience, Subban would make a much better captain, on the long run, than Plek, Markov or Gorges.

So stuff we don't know (which we only have Darche's opinion) points out to Subban being a good captain

Stuff we do know points out to Subban being a good captain.


You have anything else to add?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 08:03 PM
  #112
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag
 
CaptainBenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: FIREBERGEVIN
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,897
vCash: 500
Hal Gill would have been a cute captain IMO
Id be really happy if one of Subban or Markov get the C, my second choice is Plekanec

I wouldnt like Gorges to get the C TBH

CaptainBenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 09:05 PM
  #113
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Exactly. Hence why you can't disprove the suggestion advanced by Darche, who actually KNOWS, that Subban would make a great captain.

Now, based on what we CAN experience, Subban would make a much better captain, on the long run, than Plek, Markov or Gorges.

So stuff we don't know (which we only have Darche's opinion) points out to Subban being a good captain

Stuff we do know points out to Subban being a good captain.


You have anything else to add?
I suggest you re-read your initial post. Darche is pretty much saying PK would bee a good C cause he have tons o heart, from an "insider" perspective the guy cant even bring up how the kid is liked in the locker room, if he has "allies", if he shows "intangibles" and what not...

no, instead, it's about how big of a heart PK has and how it would help PK to have a C (hey Mat, what about helping the TEAM you wanna be insider)...

if that's all Darche has to say on the matter he clearly didnt kiss enough ass as there's nothing of substance in his comments...

I mean, you needed Darche to tell you PK is a hard worker, you're too ****ing dumb to see it yourself ? (seriously, are you?)

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 11:12 PM
  #114
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Felt this thread might have needed a relevant bump, with all the talks of "Subban 4 Captain"

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:16 AM
  #115
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,126
vCash: 500
Darche? Well that settles it then.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:30 AM
  #116
HabsDood
We're the best
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Darche? Well that settles it then.
Hard working, honnest, humble, does it for me.

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:33 AM
  #117
highstick14*
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Subban is the best player on this team, and the best defenseman in the league. He will be the next Captain, and he will probably be the best Captain in Habs history.

highstick14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:39 AM
  #118
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick14 View Post
Subban is the best player on this team, and the best defenseman in the league. He will be the next Captain, and he will probably be the best Captain in Habs history.
Let's not get fanboyish..

I want him to be our next Captain
I believe he will be the best Captain we've had in the past 20 years

And if he manage to bring at least 2 cups to Montreal, he'll have his jersey retired.

It's just impossible to say whether or not he will be compared to the Greats of the past.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:46 AM
  #119
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Hard working, honnest, humble, does it for me.
lol I meant if Darche endorses PK for captain, the Habs should make it so

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:51 AM
  #120
highstick14*
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
They should make Darche the next assistant coach, and hopefully the next head coach to replace Therrien.

highstick14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 12:36 PM
  #121
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick14 View Post
They should make Darche the next assistant coach, and hopefully the next head coach to replace Therrien.
No thanks. All the NHL.com videos featuring him paint him as a 40 year old man still trying to be 20.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 12:49 PM
  #122
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,017
vCash: 500
I agree with Darche, I think it would make PK even more accountable, he'd thrive in the position imo. There's no amount of pressure that will crush PK Subban, the guy is exactly what we need.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 10:48 PM
  #123
Tyson
Registered User
 
Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick14 View Post
Subban is the best player on this team, and the best defenseman in the league. He will be the next Captain, and he will probably be the best Captain in Habs history.
Subban is great no doubt but Drew Doughty is the best D in the league. Subban is not far behind but Drew is simply a cut above

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:35 PM
  #124
MDN
Registered User
 
MDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick14 View Post
Subban is the best player on this team, and the best defenseman in the league. He will be the next Captain, and he will probably be the best Captain in Habs history.
Subban should be the captain, and will without a doubt make a great captain. But the greatest in Habs history is a bit much man. Richard, and Beliveau are in that spectrum of greatest of all time, we just have to wait and see.

MDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 12:18 AM
  #125
HBDay
"I ****ing LOVE it"
 
HBDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Let's not get out of control folks!

With great captaincy comes great responsibility..

Ok I just wanted to say that cause it sounded right. But really with being Captain does come added responsibility. A mature player like Plekanecs or Markov would handle this well. PK I would rather just focus on playing amazing hockey.

HBDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.