HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(<-- the website) Mathieu Darche officially claim Subban should be the next Captain

Old
01-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Native

vCash: 605
i think the next captain should be plecs, even if markov is resigned. both markov and gorges as assistants.

once one of those three move on, then i'm ok with subban taking on an "A" on his jersey.

down the line, with further maturity and refinement, i'm all for subban for being named the captain. it's just too early in his career to be given this honor.

while he has the drive, passion and skill, he still lacks the authority, self-control and respect.

things like: embellishment, losing his cool and taking dumb penalties, cheapshots etc. he has to focus himself. rid himself of those foolish distractions to his overall game.

i recall recently, subban yapping up the philly bench prior to a faceoff. markov came by and nudged him away without saying a word or changing his facial expression (i.e. that russian serious look). i thought that was so telling of the different level of focus between the two.

i love subban. i want him to be a hab for his whole career. he's a very special player, person, and character. i look forward to seeing him mature and become the ultimate teammate.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:47 PM
PricePkPatch*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
who followed his lead ?

come on now... that's a BS reason for giving the C to a player...
man you argue stupid today

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:51 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
man you argue stupid today
really, cause I think being "electric" isnt a reason to give the C to someone ?

how about LEADERSHIP qualities Einstein ? care to think and come up with what constitute leadership ? (whatever the field) ?

and huh, it was rhetoric, dont bother, you can't see beyond a guy flashyness and FAN popularity.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:55 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
really, cause I think being "electric" isnt a reason to give the C to someone ?

how about LEADERSHIP qualities Einstein ? care to think and come up with what constitute leadership ? (whatever the field) ?

and huh, it was rhetoric, dont bother, you can't see beyond a guy flashyness and FAN popularity.
Yes, because being electric and leading by example is not a sign of leadership?

Subban walks the talk. Why are you so ******* offended at the idea of Subban being Captain material?

Subban is always the last to leave the ice. He makes sure he congratulates every teammates after a win. He's playful and easygoing out of the ice. He do his best, listens to the coach and always say the right things in public. He downplay controversies, and is always the first to talk good about his teammates.

Man, he's such a ****ing selfish loser, AMIRITE ECWHSWI?!?!

Old
01-18-2014, 06:57 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Yes, because being electric and leading by example is not a sign of leadership?

Subban walks the talk. Why are you so ******* offended at the idea of Subban being Captain material?

Subban is always the last to leave the ice. He makes sure he congratulates every teammates after a win. He's playful and easygoing out of the ice. He do his best, listens to the coach and always say the right things in public. He downplay controversies, and is always the first to talk good about his teammates.

Man, he's such a ****ing selfish loser, AMIRITE ECWHSWI?!?!
guess I'm not the one arguing stupid today.

Old
01-18-2014, 07:00 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
guess I'm not the one arguing stupid today.
So you are clearly out of arguments and can't even come up with something to say in answer to me?

It's all right. I accept your forfeit.

Old
01-18-2014, 07:04 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
So you are clearly out of arguments and can't even come up with something to say in answer to me?

It's all right. I accept your forfeit.

what do you want me to say, talent aside, you pretty much described Darche in your last reply... maybe he should have been captain too

I know it's hard to get, but it's a possibility that your little darling doesnt have what it takes to "control the room" you know...

I know he's a god to you or something, but he may not be for his teammates, who are the ones he'd be leading, making speeches to, etc if he was a C...

but yeah, he's good and exuberant.

Old
01-18-2014, 07:10 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:

what do you want me to say, talent aside, you pretty much described Darche in your last reply... maybe he should have been captain too

I know it's hard to get, but it's a possibility that your little darling doesnt have what it takes to "control the room" you know...

I know he's a god to you or something, but he may not be for his teammates, who are the ones he'd be leading, making speeches to, etc if he was a C...

but yeah, he's good and exuberant.
And pray tell me how do you know better that Markov, Gorges or Plekanec would be?

Old
01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
And pray tell me how do you know better that Markov, Gorges or Plekanec would be?
that's the thing... I'm not spending my time here pretending to know stuff I dont...

Old
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Well, Potvin, Lidstrom, Yzerman and Gainey really played on stacked teams. When there's a lot of leadership and talent in a room, who has the C doesn't really matter too much. People with leadership take charge and things happen.

Counter example to your examples, Messier.
Messier has a complete different personality than Subban. Messier is the one telling to the players to get in line, Subban is the one getting out of line.

Last edited by Kimota: 08-05-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
that's the thing... I'm not spending my time here pretending to know stuff I dont...
Exactly. Hence why you can't disprove the suggestion advanced by Darche, who actually KNOWS, that Subban would make a great captain.

Now, based on what we CAN experience, Subban would make a much better captain, on the long run, than Plek, Markov or Gorges.

So stuff we don't know (which we only have Darche's opinion) points out to Subban being a good captain

Stuff we do know points out to Subban being a good captain.

You have anything else to add?

Old
01-18-2014, 08:03 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Hal Gill would have been a cute captain IMO
Id be really happy if one of Subban or Markov get the C, my second choice is Plekanec

I wouldnt like Gorges to get the C TBH

CaptainBenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 09:05 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Exactly. Hence why you can't disprove the suggestion advanced by Darche, who actually KNOWS, that Subban would make a great captain.

Now, based on what we CAN experience, Subban would make a much better captain, on the long run, than Plek, Markov or Gorges.

So stuff we don't know (which we only have Darche's opinion) points out to Subban being a good captain

Stuff we do know points out to Subban being a good captain.

You have anything else to add?
I suggest you re-read your initial post. Darche is pretty much saying PK would bee a good C cause he have tons o heart, from an "insider" perspective the guy cant even bring up how the kid is liked in the locker room, if he has "allies", if he shows "intangibles" and what not...

no, instead, it's about how big of a heart PK has and how it would help PK to have a C (hey Mat, what about helping the TEAM you wanna be insider)...

if that's all Darche has to say on the matter he clearly didnt kiss enough ass as there's nothing of substance in his comments...

I mean, you needed Darche to tell you PK is a hard worker, you're too ****ing dumb to see it yourself ? (seriously, are you?)

Old
08-02-2014, 11:12 PM
PricePkPatch*

Felt this thread might have needed a relevant bump, with all the talks of "Subban 4 Captain"

Old
08-03-2014, 11:16 AM
JLP
Refugee

Darche? Well that settles it then.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:30 AM
HabsDood
We're the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Darche? Well that settles it then.
Hard working, honnest, humble, does it for me.

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:33 AM
highstick14*

Subban is the best player on this team, and the best defenseman in the league. He will be the next Captain, and he will probably be the best Captain in Habs history.

highstick14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:39 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick14 View Post
Subban is the best player on this team, and the best defenseman in the league. He will be the next Captain, and he will probably be the best Captain in Habs history.
Let's not get fanboyish..

I want him to be our next Captain
I believe he will be the best Captain we've had in the past 20 years

And if he manage to bring at least 2 cups to Montreal, he'll have his jersey retired.

It's just impossible to say whether or not he will be compared to the Greats of the past.

Old
08-03-2014, 11:46 AM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Hard working, honnest, humble, does it for me.
lol I meant if Darche endorses PK for captain, the Habs should make it so

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:51 AM
highstick14*

They should make Darche the next assistant coach, and hopefully the next head coach to replace Therrien.

highstick14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
They should make Darche the next assistant coach, and hopefully the next head coach to replace Therrien.
No thanks. All the NHL.com videos featuring him paint him as a 40 year old man still trying to be 20.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 12:49 PM
habsfanatics*

I agree with Darche, I think it would make PK even more accountable, he'd thrive in the position imo. There's no amount of pressure that will crush PK Subban, the guy is exactly what we need.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Subban is great no doubt but Drew Doughty is the best D in the league. Subban is not far behind but Drew is simply a cut above

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:35 PM
MDN

Quote:
Subban should be the captain, and will without a doubt make a great captain. But the greatest in Habs history is a bit much man. Richard, and Beliveau are in that spectrum of greatest of all time, we just have to wait and see.

MDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 12:18 AM
HBDay
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Let's not get out of control folks!

With great captaincy comes great responsibility..

Ok I just wanted to say that cause it sounded right. But really with being Captain does come added responsibility. A mature player like Plekanecs or Markov would handle this well. PK I would rather just focus on playing amazing hockey.

HBDay is offline   Reply With Quote