HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2014, 01:12 PM
The YzerJesus
HoseEmAllAround

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
What do you mean?
If someone hurts their nose, they generally just wear a cage and play the next game. It's a little strange to me too.

Old
01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
If someone hurts their nose, they generally just wear a cage and play the next game. It's a little strange to me too.
His head slammed into the boards to cause that injury. I hope it's not a concussion.

Old
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
His head slammed into the boards to cause that injury. I hope it's not a concussion.
I hope is not a concussion too figure they are being safe has headache issues etc.. and going to keep him out a week. If not back in next week that will be a concern

They kept hedman out a little over a week. To be safe when he had like symptoms etc..

Old
01-22-2014, 04:39 PM
fitchjr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
That's my fear..suspicious feeling. He looked fine to the eye Saturday, after the game he was scratched. No visible ailments.

Old
01-22-2014, 05:35 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchjr1 View Post
That's my fear..suspicious feeling. He looked fine to the eye Saturday, after the game he was scratched. No visible ailments.
With the football thing lawsuit the nhl has been very big about any hits to head seems like a lot of guys havent had a concussion at all but held out.

I think is right thing to do personally. I dont get the concussion thing myself have been cracked in head a ton even stitches twice and no signs of concussions etc.. ever.

Think though some people get them easier and hate to see people like jim mcmahon not able to function well in life being my age basically is sad. So safety first im all for it

Old
01-22-2014, 06:28 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Lots of concussions symptoms don't crop up until physical exertion, so its not too surprising.

Old
01-22-2014, 06:32 PM
HoseEmDown

Sustr has played in less then 1 game this season in the A, it's not like he's been a big part this season so he won't be missed. Let him heal up properly and get used to the team in practice.

Old
01-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Caser

Andrey Vasilevskiy got his second shootout of the season today in a game Vs. Amur Khabarovsk

Old
01-23-2014, 11:51 AM
mynameistickle

I've been following Tampa Bay's goalie prospects pretty closely this season.

What do you guys really think the upside for Gudlevskis and Wilcox can be? Obviously they are blocked in Tampa's system with Bishop and Vasilevskiy the clear top talents. But consider they were traded or maybe found a way to get out from under that depth in the pipeline, could either of them one day be an NHL starter?

I see Gudlevskis has struggled a bit with consistency and I think that's to be expected jumping from ECHL to AHL. I think clearly the Olympics can only be a confidence booster for the kid and he has talent to continue to succeed at the pro level. What is really the ceiling for this kid if anyone has seen him can explain to me where his development lies.

As for Wilcox. I love this prospect. So much that I've had him stashed in both of my dynasty fantasy leagues since his draft year. Recently I've dropped him coming to realize he's buried in the Bolts' prospect depth at net minder. I still think he's a great talent and has the tools to be a very successful goaltender at the pro level. I'm just not sure he has it in him to become someday an NHL #1 but it's very hard to judge goalie prospects at the NCAA level. They could take a few years seasoning in the AHL to become adjusted, ala Jon Quick.

I'd just like any info that is available on the development arc/timeline for these players development and what someone could possibly expect their NHL career path to look like.

Old
01-23-2014, 12:08 PM
robertguess2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistickle View Post
I've been following Tampa Bay's goalie prospects pretty closely this season.

What do you guys really think the upside for Gudlevskis and Wilcox can be? Obviously they are blocked in Tampa's system with Bishop and Vasilevskiy the clear top talents. But consider they were traded or maybe found a way to get out from under that depth in the pipeline, could either of them one day be an NHL starter?

I see Gudlevskis has struggled a bit with consistency and I think that's to be expected jumping from ECHL to AHL. I think clearly the Olympics can only be a confidence booster for the kid and he has talent to continue to succeed at the pro level. What is really the ceiling for this kid if anyone has seen him can explain to me where his development lies.

As for Wilcox. I love this prospect. So much that I've had him stashed in both of my dynasty fantasy leagues since his draft year. Recently I've dropped him coming to realize he's buried in the Bolts' prospect depth at net minder. I still think he's a great talent and has the tools to be a very successful goaltender at the pro level. I'm just not sure he has it in him to become someday an NHL #1 but it's very hard to judge goalie prospects at the NCAA level. They could take a few years seasoning in the AHL to become adjusted, ala Jon Quick.

I'd just like any info that is available on the development arc/timeline for these players development and what someone could possibly expect their NHL career path to look like.
Wilcox is hard to say still playing college so long way away so far signs are very strong he will have an NHL Career.

Gudlevskis is very interesting. Honestly if we didnt have VASI we would be all over the kid I think he has it all size agility ability mental toughness so time will tell. He is not as fast getting down and up as vasi but man he looks strong.

I have personally never seen someone like VASI why so high on him his size to move like hasek is just insane but he does at times. He is going to be something else entirely IMO. I think long term we see VASI and GUDS and Bishop will move on because of money long term commitments etc..

What I do know after watching tampa for the last 9 years and 20 years in total we have a very GOOD PROBLEM

Old
01-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 100
Stream for Crunch vs Hershey Bears Jan 24, 2014

Old
01-24-2014, 07:39 PM
DFC

Kristers plays so low in the net.

Old
01-24-2014, 10:07 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

nhl.com: Namestnikov growing with father's former team

Quote:
Rob Zettler, who has served as Syracuse’s coach since Jon Cooper was promoted to Tampa Bay last March, sees evidence of the younger Namestnikov’s hockey pedigree manifested each time the second-year forward takes the ice.

“You can see it in his hockey sense -- he’s got a gift that you can’t teach,” Zettler said. “He’s got a feel for where the puck is going and an offensive flair that not everybody has. Having a dad that played hockey, he’s been around it all his life.”
Quote:
“Obviously his numbers have shown the improvement in his game, but his play away from the puck has also improved,” Zettler said. “He works hard at his craft and takes it very seriously, and he’s really fun to coach because he’s so receptive to improving.”
Quote:
Namestnikov’s skills were honed at the American Hockey League’s highest caliber when he competed with Syracuse in the 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs; the Crunch reached the Finals for the first time in franchise history before falling to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

“It was huge for my career,” Namestnikov said. “Going that far helped me realize what the AHL is all about, and I think that I have so much confidence this year because we made it that far last year.”

Zettler notes it was during his team’s postseason run when Namestnikov truly began to shine.

“At first during playoffs, he was a third- or fourth-line guy,” Zettler said. “He started playing so well that we moved him up and he was our second-, sometimes first-line center for most of the playoffs. He really responded by playing well and putting up points.”
Quote:
“We’ve always said in this organization: If you’re playing well and are working hard to improve, and the results are there, we’re going to find a way to get you to the next level,” Zettler said. “That provides a lot of incentive for our players here. They see guys going up to Tampa and being successful in the NHL.”

For now, Namestnikov is enjoying learning in an environment he’s known since his childhood.

“It’s meant a ton [to be a part of the Crunch], and it’s awesome to get to play for a team my dad played for,” he said. “Syracuse obviously has a great fan base, and there are so many good things I could say about the organization, so I’m happy to be here.”

Old
01-25-2014, 08:45 PM
crunchrulz

Crunch and Bears have pretty much declared war in the second of a two night home and home. 2-2 end of two with almost 120 PIMs after 2. Labrie with a pair of fights, Witkowski, Mormina, and Angelidis with one each. Hershey made the Crunch look real bad last night and the Crunch are not in a good mood. About time.

Old
01-25-2014, 09:30 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
Crunch and Bears have pretty much declared war in the second of a two night home and home. 2-2 end of two with almost 120 PIMs after 2. Labrie with a pair of fights, Witkowski, Mormina, and Angelidis with one each. Hershey made the Crunch look real bad last night and the Crunch are not in a good mood. About time.
Panik back after that hit? Who was the D that fed him that pass, hard to really see if he left him out to dry.

Old
01-25-2014, 10:04 PM
crunchrulz

Crunch with a 3-2 loss. Paquette with 1 and 1. Crunch only had two shots in the first, scoring on one of them.
It was a good run but the talent at the AHL level is not there this year. Last night was one of those games where you enter the War Memorial thinking it cant get any worse and it did. Only person who came close to doing his job last night was Neilson.
Hopefully some of the kids ending their time in Juniors and Europe can come over here next year and light a fire under this team. Right now, they are playing a few shifts they way they should but minutes with no clue what they are doing.

Old
01-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Glide5

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone seen Slater Koekkoek playing this year? I've heard this and that about him, but I haven't heard anyone talk about him who has seen him play. Is he starting to look better after his run of injuries?

Old
01-25-2014, 10:32 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
I've been meaning to ask, has anyone seen Slater Koekkoek playing this year? I've heard this and that about him, but I haven't heard anyone talk about him who has seen him play. Is he starting to look better after his run of injuries?
Everything I've read has been really positive and says he's making steps forward. He was, at one point, leading the OHL in +/- I believe.

Old
01-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Glide5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Everything I've read has been really positive and says he's making steps forward. He was, at one point, leading the OHL in +/- I believe.
Ya, I saw he was in like the 30's, but numbers can only tell you so much. I was hoping someone out there had seen him play on one of the many streams people watch haha.

Old
01-25-2014, 11:58 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
Ya, I saw he was in like the 30's, but numbers can only tell you so much. I was hoping someone out there had seen him play on one of the many streams people watch haha.
I've seen him maybe three times, once in the Super Series where he was kind of invisible. Otherwise he looked solid, from what I can tell, and I've mainly been going off reports. He's been a captain with two different teams now though, which bodes very well for us.

Old
01-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Werewolf

Man...Crunch have now dropped 4 in a row. They are way out of playoff contention at the moment. Zettler has to change his lines around and give these guys a new look. Team is playing hard for him...battling and fighting but spinning their wheels at the moment - not enough chemistry in the lines. December was a horrible month for the Crunch...and now they are 4 and 6 in January.

Zettler has some nice talent on the squad no reason to be floundering the way they are.

Old
01-26-2014, 09:11 PM
crunchrulz

Never thought I would say this after last year but there is very little chemistry. Olesky made three questionable hits in Syracuse and no one said a peep to him. Poor passing, a power play that is anything but, and very little checking. Both goalies are ok for this level, but they get little support. If they are not spot on with the shutout, it is a shootout. Crunch do not have the firepower scoring wise this year, as their third period record shows. Lots of grumbling in the stands, many folks got spoiled after last year and forget that every organization has its ups and downs. This is a down year so we will have to deal with it.
They key to remember is that the Ads before and now the Crunch have groomed the young talent that is helping the Bolts boast one of the best records in the league. Cooper and SFY know what kind of players they have, and are making the most of it. We should enjoy the ride while we can.

Old
01-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Mikey 48
NuthinButA'DrejThang

Koekkoek with 1G and 2A to hit 40 points on the season!

Old
01-27-2014, 08:43 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-h03hDsKKU

Spitfire head coach Bob Boughner on Koekkoek's development this season:
Quote:
"Amazing. He always had the natural ability and the skating and everything. We've instituted a lot of structure in his game and instilled a lot of confidence in him. You know in Windsor we made sure he didn't have to take the puck coast to coast every time. It's defense first, and that's how he's going to be a good NHL player. I think Tampa's pretty happy with his development."

Old
01-28-2014, 11:07 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Bolt Prospects' 2013-2014 Midterm Rankings

1. Jonathan Drouin
2. Andrey Vasilevskiy
3. Nikita Kucherov
4. Slater Koekkoek
5. Vladislav Namestnikov
6. Andrej Sustr