HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation on JR

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 01:25 PM
DaveBrown21

vCash: 500
Speculation on JR

In today's Philly papers it was reported that two weeks ago, Hitch and Clarke went to JR and basically asked him not to return next season. When JR refused (stating he wanted to fulfill his promise to bring another Cup to Philly)...

Given their past history, does anyone think signing Hatcher was an added attempt to get JR to agree to not return?

Old
08-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBrown21
In today's Philly papers it was reported that two weeks ago, Hitch and Clarke went to JR and basically asked him not to return next season. When JR refused (stating he wanted to fulfill his promise to bring another Cup to Philly)...

Given their past history, does anyone think signing Hatcher was an added attempt to get JR to agree to not return?
link? i didn't see this anywhere.

they signed Hatcher because they needed his presence on the blue line...

Old
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Nuclear

Quote:

I saw that article too, and got worried because I thought it was recent and that would mean Forsberg couldn't come. Once I figured it out that it was from awhile ago, JR seemed like a jerk in it, but I understood where he was coming from.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:11 PM
DaveBrown21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
link? i didn't see this anywhere.

they signed Hatcher because they needed his presence on the blue line...
It was in today's Courier Post.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:53 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:

If that happened i would be very, very dissapointed. consitering everything he gave this team the last few seasons. I dont buy it for one second personally.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:56 AM
blah

That's crap and I can't see the Flyers doing something like that to Roenick.

He said his family was staying in PHX and they wanted to know if he was still serious about playing.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:06 AM
MojoJojo

If they brought in Hatcher to PO Roenick, why did they replce him with Forsberg? Hatch and Foppa aint the best of pals either, you know.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Brad*

I doubt this is true.

And just dropping names like Forsberg and Hatcher reminds me that almost half of this team is completely new.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
If they brought in Hatcher to PO Roenick, why did they replce him with Forsberg? Hatch and Foppa aint the best of pals either, you know.
Players like Hatcher don't make friends, just ask Scott Stevens.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:38 AM
jb**

Quote:

He is one of the classiet players in all of sports IMO. He didn't say one bad thing about the Flyers or the city when he probably could have, said the fans were great playing in front of 19500 every night was awesome. Really ashame we couldn't keep him, said he would be f%$#%n pissed if the Flyers win the cup, but meant it in a good way Was on the best damn sports show last night and was funny and said so many good things. Real classy.

Closed Thread