HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your views on Dallas Eakins so far - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Ok so hypothetically lets say we do fire Eakins, who are some options for replacements?
i'm busy, gotta go now...

Old
03-23-2014, 01:18 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

The suit and haircut comments are great. Looks like some Oilers fans get the team they deserve.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:26 PM
oobga
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 800
Let's be fair here. If our goalies would just have .930+ sav% all year long, we would be just fine with Eakins as coach. Eakins said himself the team just needs to get back to how they played the last month or so. Basically the exact same effort from the skaters, but getting the all-world goaltending again.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:33 PM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Sorry to chime in so late, but what is with all the Eakins hate? Posters seem to be pissed off because he threw a towel at Hall after being sprayed with water by Hall?
If that is the type of leadership that this kid is bringing to the team, I want no part of it. Done on a national television broadcast. Total disrespect for the coach, team, and fanbase.

It's time to hold these "stars" of ours accountable.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Jesus

After last night I cannot see how anyone can defend him in any way.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Sorry to chime in so late, but what is with all the Eakins hate? Posters seem to be pissed off because he threw a towel at Hall after being sprayed with water by Hall?
If that is the type of leadership that this kid is bringing to the team, I want no part of it. Done on a nation television broadcast. Total disrespect for the coach, team, and fanbase.

It's time to hold these "stars" of ours accountable.
I fail to see how slamming down a water bottle because you are frustrated shows disrespect for the coach, team, and fanbase.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:39 PM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
I fail to see how slamming down a water bottle because you are frustrated shows disrespect for the coach, team, and fanbase.
I fail to see how it shows anything other than throwing a hissy fit in a man's game. How old is Hall now?

Old
03-23-2014, 01:43 PM
BudBundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
People complain about a lack of emotion from Eakins, he shows it, now he's a jackass. Taylor needed to be embarrassed last night. I'm sick of hearing this crap like star players are babies that need to be coddled. THAT is the problem here in Edmonton, those kids are treated like they can do no wrong in this city. Once they are actually held responsible, maybe **** can get moving. Eakins isn't going to help by any means, because he's not a great coach systems coach, but I have no problem with him yelling at his star players when they deserve it.
So Eakins emotional = good. Hall emotional = entitled brat. Gotcha.

I also have no problems with a coach berating a player but it should be done in private or at least in a way that isn't humiliating.

In terms of a coaches demeanour on the bench, I'd prefer class to histrionics.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:48 PM
redgrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersDieHard View Post

One of the dumbest things I have seen on HF (And I've said some dumb things)
Eakins is mad cause his suit got wet period. It was clearly accidental blowback from Hall's water bottle and if he didnt freak out like he did and just kept the suit on no one on TV would pick it up. He should have addressed it in the intermission.

One of the dumbest things ive seen is people thinking hall intentionally deflected water into Eakins.

LOL he cant even shoot that well.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Tortorella

Old
03-23-2014, 01:50 PM
oobga
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 800
All the matters is that MacT probably loves what Eakins did. MacT seems to have the mentality of someone who knows something about winning like his buddy Lowe and these kids have no clue. We are likely in a rare situation where the coach will be favoured by the GM over star players when it comes to the next moves to be made. Should be a wild ride this summer if we end this season on a terrible note, which is likely looking at who we play in the last 10 games.

This team will be built from the coach out. Luckily we have one of the hottest names in coaching (based on summer 2013 rankings) to be our centrepiece.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I fail to see how it shows anything other than throwing a hissy fit in a man's game. How old is Hall now?
I know some people see what Hall did as a massive character flaw that needs to be eradicated but I like seeing people pissed off like that. I don't think showing emotion by throwing a water bottle is a bad thing. Why is it construed as so horrific? And how old is Eakins now? I'm glad to see he is also pissed off but doing go after Hall on national television is very stupid for a head coach to do and even more childish then what Hall did.

Besides I want Eakins gone because the team he is coaching lost 8-1 at home to the Flames and are stuck at the bottom of the NHL standings and not because of his little spat with Hall.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:05 PM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
I know some people see what Hall did as a massive character flaw that needs to be eradicated but I like seeing people pissed off like that. I don't think showing emotion by throwing a water bottle is a bad thing. Why is it construed as so horrific? And how old is Eakins now? I'm glad to see he is also pissed off but doing go after Hall on national television is very stupid for a head coach to do and even more childish then what Hall did.

Besides I want Eakins gone because the team he is coaching lost 8-1 at home to the Flames and are stuck at the bottom of the NHL standings and not because of his little spat with Hall.
What I don't get is, if Hall's so angry, why not take it out on the ice? The game's already out of hand. Go paste someone through the boards or fight Stajan or something.

He seems like the kind of guy who could do some damage if he channeled his anger (like Iginla). Hall doesn't SEEM like a soft guy but he plays like one, only taking his frustration out on inanimate objects.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:06 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Eakins. He's a one trick pony AHL coach and the team has quit on him. A young team needs an experienced coach. Laviolette please, before another team snaps him up.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
What I don't get is, if Hall's so angry, why not take it out on the ice? The game's already out of hand. Go paste someone through the boards or fight Stajan or something.

He seems like the kind of guy who could do some damage if he channeled his anger (like Iginla). Hall doesn't SEEM like a soft guy but he plays like one, only taking his frustration out on inanimate objects.
Because he could take a stupid penalty, injure someone or worse? You can't honestly think that throwing a water bottle is worse than potentially getting into trouble on the ice.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrispy View Post
Because he could take a stupid penalty, injure someone or worse? You can't honestly think that throwing a water bottle is worse than potentially getting into trouble on the ice.
The game was over at 5-1. If you're going to lose go down fighting. Smoke Glencross, flatten Stajan, elbow Giordano. Just do something.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:16 PM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
I actually thought that he squirted Eakins on purpose.

My mistake.

Nonetheless, I'm part of a large Italian family with allot of toddlers....so I have seen this type of reaction to adversity at family occasions. Not so much from a twenty something, $6 million a year playerswho many are touting as the next captain of the team.

And it still shows disrespect for all 3 parties....as well as making him look like a fool.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

If the team didn't tune out Eakins before, they sure have now.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
03-23-2014, 02:26 PM
SephF
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Hall was out of line but to be fair it's pretty common. I've seen tons of players chuck their water bottle in frustration, I've just never seen a coach blow up over it

Old
03-23-2014, 02:35 PM
MarkGio

I hate to be trolling here (since I'm a Flames fan), but I want to respectfully chime in. I think the whole water incident shows a disconnect between the coach and the game. Players will often douse themselves in water on the bench because they've been working so hard and need to cool off. You have to wonder what is the guy teaching the players when he himself is afraid to get his own hair messy? Then wonder if the Oilers are getting into "dirty" areas or sacrificing the body, or do they play like they don't want to get their sweaters torn or their hair messy.

Players who bust their ***** off like Taylor Hall should not only be upset when the team is down, but the coach should be supporting this, rallying players, and certainly putting those upset players on the ice to harness those emotions, as opposed to benching him and muzzling such feelings.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:36 PM
EverettMike

I don't see how slamming a water bottle in frustration is a big deal in any way. Guys do that all the time. They slam sticks and bench doors.

No one would have an issue with Hall being angry there if not for the histrionics from Coach Clownshoes.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Del McPreston
5-14-6-1

vCash: 138
There's no way this piece of garbage is back next season... right?

I've never hated a coach more.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
frag2

Quote:
The game was over at 5-1. If you're going to lose go down fighting. Smoke Glencross, flatten Stajan, elbow Giordano. Just do something.
You seem to blame everything on Hall...any particular reason?

Old
03-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Mcnofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

"The Oilers organization would like to announce that Dallas Eakins has been fired from his position as head coach"

Oilers fans begin rejoicing

"He has been replaced by Craig MacTavish"

Oilers fans begin crying

"He has been signed to a four year contract, as he will resign from his position as GM"

Oilers fans begin throwing things

"Kevin Lowe has been announced as the new GM of the Oilers"

Oilers fans begin looting.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:57 PM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
You seem to blame everything on Hall...any particular reason?
He is the de facto leader of this team but half of the time he doesn't seem to care one lick about it. He wasn't even embarrassed after that game last night. Yet Jordan Eberle was? What the hell's that about?

Hall's good but he could be so much better if he used his mind and his body.

Closed Thread