HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are PK and Eller's seasons being sabotaged because they're in contract years?

Old
02-28-2014, 05:21 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Are PK and Eller's seasons being sabotaged because they're in contract years?

PK gets put on the bench for every single little mistake. Can't score from the bench.

DD, who's already signed a new contract, gets every opportunity to get his season back on track (which he's done admirably) more or less at the expense of Eller's production. Eller being nailed to that 3rd line with poor linemates and not getting a lot of PP time would certainly lower his production.

It smells conspiracy like but I don't think it's far fetched. MB could save 3-4 million with these hijinx. It's crafty but it could also work against him.

Can't help but think Eller might suspect as much and that's why he looks so lost out there. Don't buy this crap that he's just an average player. He's a lot better than this.

If this is what MB's doing than he better damn sure do everything in his power to make sure neither of these players know that's what he's doing.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:23 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
PK gets put on the bench for every single little mistake. Can't score from the bench.

DD, who's already signed a new contract, gets every opportunity to get his season back on track (which he's done admirably) more or less at the expense of Eller's production. Eller being nailed to that 3rd line with poor linemates and not getting a lot of PP time would certainly lower his production.

It smells conspiracy like but I don't think it's far fetched. MB could save 3-4 million with these hijinx. It's crafty but it could also work against him.

Can't help but think Eller might suspect as much and that's why he looks so lost out there. Don't buy this crap that he's just an average player. He's a lot better than this.

If this is what MB's doing than he better damn sure do everything in his power to make sure neither of these players know that's what he's doing.
Yes it is.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:27 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:

I do think there is something to this. If PK is locked up to 8 years and then starts playing 28mins a night, we'll have a better idea. I think the same mentality was used on Diaz, as he was clearly more effective than half of our current DMan. It's stupid thinking and it caused us to move a puck-moving dman for a scrub.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:42 AM
madhi19
Just the tip!

The sad truth is that it not that far fetched. Teams have been known to bench guys over cheap bonus and that was chump change compared to what Subban is going to lose because of a so so season. I don't believe the Habs would be this stupid that sort of crap always get out.

madhi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:44 AM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I do think there is something to this. If PK is locked up to 8 years and then starts playing 28mins a night, we'll have a better idea. I think the same mentality was used on Diaz, as he was clearly more effective than half of our current DMan. It's stupid thinking and it caused us to move a puck-moving dman for a scrub.
Montreal fans should open their eyes and see the reality and not the hype and sizzle: Subban's skating is nowhere near what is needed to be considered an elite puck transporter. Watch and see how often he can beat the first forechecker or create speed through the neutral ice. His skating style is awkward and inefficient. He has many excellent qualities, but being an elite puck transporter is not one of them. Signing him to a mega long term contract would be a mistake.

ChesterNimitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:51 AM
hockeyfan2k11

No. Just a team playing favorites.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 05:54 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
Montreal fans should open their eyes and see the reality and not the hype and sizzle: Subban's skating is nowhere near what is needed to be considered an elite puck transporter. Watch and see how often he can beat the first forechecker or create speed through the neutral ice. His skating style is awkward and inefficient. He has many excellent qualities, but being an elite puck transporter is not one of them. Signing him to a mega long term contract would be a mistake.
Whaaa? He is one of the better puck carriers in the league.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 06:02 AM
NonoRobot

Subban is one of the best for carrying the puck, but he must learn to use his teammates better.

NonoRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 06:05 AM
LLoyd Christmas I

I believe that Therrien is trying to make a point with PK.

He knows that PK and Bergevin's meeting was most likely about him, and by over-punishing Bergevin's boy he's trying to make a point.

It's all schoolyard games with Therrien. He's coaching to win, yes, but he's also playing another game out there.

Bergevin showed too much of his hand IMO. He should play it more coy next time. This isn't Therrien's first time on the block.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 06:07 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Omg, that was my first thought when I read the thread title and was about make the comment but saw your picture. Really is worth a 1,000 words!

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 06:16 AM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

There is a conspiracy against PK
But Eller was simply overrated IMO

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 06:23 AM
sventington

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
maybe for the first half of last year he was, but after the concussion he ended up eing more of a liability on a given night than anything. I would take him over Boullion, but that's about it. Glad he's gone.

sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Chris Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

The only thing I can add to that is that I'm certain MT is in the mural in the Denver airport, along with a pentagram showing that plan and that it clearly says the Stanley Cup will be played in Alaska as part of the HAARP program before being turned over to the Bildebergers because that's what was in the message left at Roswell to explain the Tunguska event--if you believe in those things.

Chris Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Pricef

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoRobot View Post
Subban is one of the best for carrying the puck, but he must learn to use his teammates better.
BINGO! He is trying to do it all by himself out there as witnessed by his give away yesterday. He needs to use his teammates more

Pricef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:03 AM
habitue*

Quote:

Are you ****ing serious ? You probably also think Babcock left PK in the stands in Sochi to please his buddy Bergevin....

OMG

Last edited by habitue*: 02-28-2014 at 09:12 AM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:04 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricef View Post
BINGO! He is trying to do it all by himself out there as witnessed by his give away yesterday. He needs to use his teammates more
PK spent the last two weeks looking at serious, responsible d-men at the Olympics.

Hopefully, he took some notes.

Last edited by habitue*: 02-28-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old
02-28-2014, 09:10 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricef View Post
This is true but also PK's teammates need to better keep up with him. I've seen many situations where PK carries the puck and gains the zone and the rest of the Habs are just not with him in support and can't capitalize. They sort of leave him hanging...

The "sabotage" premise is a bit hard to take seriously.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:11 AM
sharks9

Lol that's ridiculous, no team would ever do that

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:14 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:

This might be the dumbest thing I've read today and it's only 10 in the morning.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Andy

I don't think so. But it reminded me of this

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435984

Quote:
"There are some people who think that a lot of what's going on now might be contract-related and that the Montreal Canadiens want to be able to say to P.K: "Look, we don't trust you defensively. You've still got so much growing to do before you can justifiably ask for $7 million per year like Drew Doughty," McKenzie said.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Beendair Donedat

Subban coughed up the puck that cost his team a goal and the lead while short handed... The coach benched him as he would bench anyone who made such a stupid play... Therrien isn't a PK fan to begin with, so it's not that surprising, but PK did deserve to sit for awhile for his actions.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:21 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't think so. But it reminded me of this

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435984
McKenzie might be in the left field many times, too. TSN Toronto guys have not much mercy for the Habs.

Old
02-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Burke the Legend

Do you think this conspiracy against Lars Eller has anything to do with the Kennedy assassination?

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
McKenzie might be in the left field many times, too. TSN Toronto guys have not much mercy for the Habs.
Dreger maybe, but McKenzie is rarely off the mark when paraphrasing sources. He might be off when asked to give his own opinion, but don't confuse the two.

That being said, I don't think they are trying to sabotage.

My guess is that people around the league told Bobby Mac that just to play a game with Habs management.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote