HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MTL Lose 5-3!

Old
01-20-2014, 01:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
How do people take away the Sens "humiliating" the Habs last year? Ottawa's win was like 90% Anderson. His save % was unreal, almost .950. We've been there before, the wins against the Caps & Pens with Halak, it happens.
When someone says it, I imagine they're the kind who get their jimmies all rustled about losing those fights. That's about it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
When someone says it, I imagine they're the kind who get their jimmies all rustled about losing those fights. That's about it.
I could care less about losing fights.

We lost the series 4 games to 1.

We got completely out coached.

We took dumb penalty after dumb penalty in Game 3.

The Walrus completely disrespected Eller after the hit, and we responded by losing game after game.

The Sens scored 6 goals twice in a 5 game series.

Or entire team looked disinterested and uninvolved, while the Sens were flying.

Except for Game 1, we looked like we were nowhere near Ottawa's level for the vast majority of the series.

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
I could care less about losing fights.

We lost the series 4 games to 1.

We got completely out coached.

We took dumb penalty after dumb penalty in Game 3.

The Walrus completely disrespected Eller after the hit, and we responded by losing game after game.

The Sens scored 6 goals twice in a 5 game series.

Or entire team looked disinterested and uninvolved, while the Sens were flying.

Except for Game 1, we looked like we were nowhere near Ottawa's level for the vast majority of the series.
We pretty much came out dominating them every game. Their goalie just stood on his head and ours pretty much did the opposite. Granted, I don't think I need to explain what I think about Therrien and his coaching, but despite all the injuries and incompetence, the habs skaters still largely outplayed ottawa's.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
We pretty much came out dominating them every game. Their goalie just stood on his head and ours pretty much did the opposite. Granted, I don't think I need to explain what I think about Therrien and his coaching, but despite all the injuries and incompetence, the habs skaters still largely outplayed ottawa's.
Not the series I remember except for Game 1. While Price was far from great, the team itself seemed to have zero resilience. When the Sens held the lead, I never felt that Montreal would get back into the game; conversely, when the Habs held a lead, you could see Ottawa pushing hard to get back into it.

We can credit Anderson, who did play an amazing series, but even during the "Halak Miracle" Pittsburgh and Washington managed to win 3 games.

Old
01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 50
The collapses were in the 3rd period, after they started strong in the games but Anderson turned everything away in the first two frames. Yes it shouldn't happen, and it showed some mental weaknesses, but the Habs certainly put a lot of rubber on him before the breakdowns. Go look at the boxscores.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Habs178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
He's Lebanese.
Nazem is an Arab and Muslim Canadian.
Straight from Wikipedia....

Habs178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
The collapses were in the 3rd period, after they started strong in the games but Anderson turned everything away in the first two frames. Yes it shouldn't happen, and it showed some mental weaknesses, but the Habs certainly put a lot of rubber on him before the breakdowns. Go look at the boxscores.
Yeah, I did that, and here they are:

Game 2: MTL 34 OTT 30
Game 3: MTL 34 OTT 30
Game 4: MTL 28 OTT 34
Game 5: MTL 34 OTT 29

Hardly numbers that suggest domination by the Habs in the shot department. In addition, we rarely got quality shots off, mainly just firing from crap angles / distances.

Old
01-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
You had mentioned you were going to go over those tapes. Did you ever wind up doing this? I still say that we didn't do near enough to screen Anderson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
Not the series I remember except for Game 1. While Price was far from great, the team itself seemed to have zero resilience. When the Sens held the lead, I never felt that Montreal would get back into the game; conversely, when the Habs held a lead, you could see Ottawa pushing hard to get back into it.

We can credit Anderson, who did play an amazing series, but even during the "Halak Miracle" Pittsburgh and Washington managed to win 3 games.
Price wasn't great. But again, we lost battles in front of our own net. The real killer was the game tying goal that injured Price in game 4 that would've tied the series. We were just manhandled.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Price wasn't great. But again, we lost battles in front of our own net. The real killer was the game tying goal that injured Price in game 4 that would've tied the series. We were just manhandled.
Exactly.

And when we they did get physical, it was I the most undisciplined way imaginable.