HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Prusek a Blue Jacket

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 02:18 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

vCash: 500
Prusek a Blue Jacket

Well looks like a Hasek-Emery tandem

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=10407

Old
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
DarthKoRn

Good. Lets get Emery ready for the big time. He just needs to relax that fist of his.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:26 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth
Well looks like a Hasek-Emery tandem
One second pjbth, I'll respond to your post in a minute. I'm on the phone with stockbroker.

.... "Murray, put all of mutual funds into Pepto Bismal. I have a feeling that sales are going to increase dramatically."

Ok, I'm back. But I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh well, when I've stopped repressing that traumatic memory I'll finish my post.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
miser

The Sens just got tougher.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Suiteness

At this very moment, Prusek is (I should now say 'was') the top goalie on our roster. Obviously, Hasek might regain his form and only God knows what to expect from Emery, but our top goalie was basically given away to the Blue Jackets.

Yikes.

Old
08-04-2005, 02:57 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I've been saying for over a year that he was going to go simply because of the numbers here in Ottawa and Muckler wanting Emery in Ottawa. Unfortunately, we got nothing in return for this guy and maybe should have traded him while he was still our property for a pick or packaged him with someone for a player but if there were no takers, there were no takers. In this new CBA world teams can just wait it out until a player becomes available rather then lose a pick(s) or player(s).

Makes you wonder why Ottawa is standing pat though, I wonder if this organization is going to go with what they have and re-sign some guys for insurance. Bondra, Leshysyhn and Simpson are seeming more likely all the time but we still need more grit and size.

Do you think LA would do to Philly what they did to us and trade Roenick back to the east and Ottawa for something like Varada?

Old
08-04-2005, 03:02 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKoRn
Good. Lets get Emery ready for the big time. He just needs to relax that fist of his.
No need to.

Do you get picks for him, since he was a RFA?

Old
08-04-2005, 03:04 PM
CraigD

I sure hope Hasek can regain his old form and stay healthy, otherwise it might be a very disappointing season ... whatever people think about Prusek at least he won games for us (and important ones too).

Good luck in Columbus ...

Old
08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
eye alaska

Quote:
Do you think LA would do to Philly what they did to us and trade Roenick back to the east and Ottawa for something like Varada?
That would be nuts, but Varada is one guy we have to hang onto in my opinion. He was a very effective player during the 03 run, and again last year against Toronto. He creates stupid penalties from the opposing team, and rather than get rid of that skill for another player who holds the same talent, why not hang onto V, and sign Roenick to play along with him? Then again, I think I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and Roenick coming to Ottawa is about as unlikely as Philly finishing in the basement of the East this year.

Old
08-04-2005, 03:19 PM
sensruletheworld

MUCKLER is on CRACK........ what happens when Hasel blows his GROIN in october and every team in the league plays hardball for a decent goalie. RAY EMERY as our STARTER???

GREAT MOVE MUCK!!!

Old
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensruletheworld
MUCKLER is on CRACK........ what happens when Hasel blows his GROIN in october and every team in the league plays hardball for a decent goalie. RAY EMERY as our STARTER???

GREAT MOVE MUCK!!!
sometimes i guestion mucks and whether he knows wtf hes doing.

why not just hold onto prusek until the deadline and deal him or bit sooner. Not like he was costing us much anyways.

Old
08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
No need to.

Do you get picks for him, since he was a RFA?
Good question.

If he was qualified, yes. If not, we're SOL. I don't recall if he was qualified last week or not.

Old
08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebez
Good question.

If he was qualified, yes. If not, we're SOL. I don't recall if he was qualified last week or not.
He wasn't qualified... the sens wanted him to sign a 2-way contract.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Bileur

I love getting nothing in return for guy's who we have spent a lot of time and money developping.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:02 PM
bert

Atleast he went to the West. We knew this was coming and we all know its a terrible move. Prusek was a UFA Muckler never qualified him he was scared of his $788 000 dollar contract. Worried it was going to weigh the team down

I mean he was $338 000 over the league minimum. The 39 million dollar cap the sens have to opperate under, could not handle that.

Atleast with all the money Muckler is saving he is locking up all our rfa's long term..........

Old
08-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Sens4Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Atleast he went to the West. We knew this was coming and we all know its a terrible move. Prusek was a UFA Muckler never qualified him he was scared of his $788 000 dollar contract. Worried it was going to weigh the team down

I mean he was $338 000 over the league minimum. The 39 million dollar cap the sens have to opperate under, could not handle that.

Atleast with all the money Muckler is saving he is locking up all our rfa's long term..........
Muckler's gonna be run out of town if we lose guys like we have this week. If Hossa, Havlat, Redden or Chara are lost in the next year, Melnyk will have Muckler's head on a stick.

Losing Prusek is necessary to see if Emery can hack it full time in the NHL, and to see if he truly is our goalie of the future. Time will tell if this was a good or horrible move though.

Old
08-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Sulayman

Prusek=Kiprusoff 2

Old
08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17AL71
Prusek=Kiprusoff 2

Or a Hasek 2 Chicago-Buffalo=Ottawa-Columbus?

Old
08-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

IF Prusek can gain some consistency, he very well may be Kiprusoff/Hasek ver 2.0

Old
08-04-2005, 08:59 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
He's not going to be starting in Columbus. They have Marc Denis, who is one of the most underrated goaltenders in the game, but just has had no help since he got there. I don't see Prusek breaking out like Kiprusoff did.

Old
08-04-2005, 09:38 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
Or a Hasek 2 Chicago-Buffalo=Ottawa-Columbus?

That would mean that: Ray Emery = Jimmy Waite.
I was a Hawk fan then. I couldn't bare to see this again.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:01 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4Cup
Muckler's gonna be run out of town if we lose guys like we have this week. If Hossa, Havlat, Redden or Chara are lost in the next year, Melnyk will have Muckler's head on a stick.

Losing Prusek is necessary to see if Emery can hack it full time in the NHL, and to see if he truly is our goalie of the future. Time will tell if this was a good or horrible move though.
Emery cant hack it he proved it this year. 49th in save percentage in the AHL, 27th out of the 30 eligible starters. No shut out with the highest scoring team in the ahl and 0-5 in shoot outs. Sounds like we should bring him up!!!!!!

Old
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Emery cant hack it he proved it this year. 49th in save percentage in the AHL, 27th out of the 30 eligible starters. No shut out with the highest scoring team in the ahl and 0-5 in shoot outs. Sounds like we should bring him up!!!!!!
IIRC, Luongo had a craptastic AHL season before jumping into the NHL. Took a couple years to adjust to the NHL, and look at him now. Goalies get hot and cold, and most of them have rough times early in their careers. So far, Emery has had two outstanding AHL seasons, and one mediocre one (bad start, but strong finish). Emery has all the tools to be an elite goaltender in the NHL. I won't even consider writing him off until he's had at least 2 seasons as a starter in the big show. Goalies take time. There's nothing you can do but be patient and hope for the best.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

We can always sign Sean Burke...

Old
08-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Don Draper

or, prusek will turn into a very good number 2 goalie who has terrible positioning and his mistakes were hidden by an impeccably strong D. If there was ever a good situation for a young goalie to come to, it would be to play behind a team like ours. I think its good that emery is making the jump. 3 years in junior would only hurt his confidence at this point.

Closed Thread