HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Pyatt has signed his QO

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
rabi

vCash: 500
Taylor Pyatt has signed his QO

for $989,720 this year

Old
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Moon Man*

Whoooooooooooooooosh!!!

Old
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
A million dollars for a guy who hasn't scored a goal since 2003....ridiculous.Him and Connolly shouldn't have even been qualified,we have enough forwards.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
MLH

This is the greatest day in Buffalo Sabres history.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
If this guy isnt producing by mid season, send him down to Rochester then dont qualify him at the seasons end. Pyatt I really dont think is going to develop, Connolly on the other hand I think will be good...

Old
08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Buffalo Stylee

God I hate Pyatt. Such a pantywaste.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
If this guy isnt producing by mid season, send him down to Rochester then dont qualify him at the seasons end. Pyatt I really dont think is going to develop, Connolly on the other hand I think will be good...
Pyatt is a very good skater with very good speed for a guy his size. He's still very young and has developed a good defensive game. I think he's got a future as a 3rd line checking winger who can also play key PK minutes. as well as getting time on the PP in front of the net. I don't think he's ever gonna be the Power forward, goal scoring, John Leclair (ahahahaha) player he was touted as. But a very servicable third liner who makes a million is a valuable asset.

Why we Qualified Biron though...thats still beyond me.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:42 PM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
Why we Qualified Biron though...thats still beyond me.
Because there are a lot of teams that need goalies. It will take a few days for that market to shake out.

My prediction? We'll move both Biron and Noronen and find a cheap backup for Miller.

Ta,

Old
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

I'd MUCH rather move Miller than Noronen. Mika's got the goods, but I think Millers high water mark will have been last season in Rochester. I doubt he'll ever be a starter anywhere higher than the AHL.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip
Because there are a lot of teams that need goalies. It will take a few days for that market to shake out.

My prediction? We'll move both Biron and Noronen and find a cheap backup for Miller.

Ta,
I hope you're right about Biron. But I wouldnt move Noronen for anything short of a blow me away kind of deal. Ive been on the Noronen bandwagon for too long. I hope they can find a taker for Biron.

If it ends up being Biron to LA for Miller, I hope Darcy can get a prospect or pick back as well.

Old
08-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip

Ta,
This is where i try to get in Regier's head. How can Regier think Biron (nothing more than an average NHL starter) is tradeable at over 2 million, but not think Satan (9th in scoring over the last 6 seasons) is tradeable at 3.8 million?

This is why Im dreading Biron still being the starter.

Old
08-04-2005, 05:06 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Biron shouldn't have been qualified.

Old
08-04-2005, 05:50 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Hallelujah we kept pyatt

Old
08-05-2005, 12:17 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
I'd MUCH rather move Miller than Noronen. Mika's got the goods, but I think Millers high water mark will have been last season in Rochester. I doubt he'll ever be a starter anywhere higher than the AHL.
I agree with you 100%. I never really understood the hype surrounding Miller, really. I remember when there was talk about sending him to ATL for the #2 pick in the 02 draft...which we could have used on JayBo or Pitkanen. Damn we should have done that trade

Old
08-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I'm a complete 180 on that...connolly is too soft, then again the NHL could favor him

Old
08-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
I hope you're right about Biron. But I wouldnt move Noronen for anything short of a blow me away kind of deal. Ive been on the Noronen bandwagon for too long. I hope they can find a taker for Biron.

If it ends up being Biron to LA for Miller, I hope Darcy can get a prospect or pick back as well.
I totally agree.

Add me to the 'Miller is over rated' bandwagon too. I mean, he has huge potential, but i doubt he reaches it. He's looked out of his depth so far in NHL {early days obviously}, but what worries me is that i think he has consistency issues.. {nothing new heh?} and goes to sleep in the big games {ie, playoffs}.

Since i imagine Miller has way higher trade value than our other two, i would see what i could get for him via trade.

Noronen is our man, imo. No way should we trade him.

I share your worries on Marty as well.

And as for Pyatt. Great news....

Old
08-05-2005, 12:37 PM
lecherous

Right now if I was Darcy I'd wait around until Khabibulin signs and try to trade him off to one of the teams that lost out on him. If he doesn't resign with TB, I could see a trade of Biron + Pyatt + 2nd rounder (or comparable prospect) or something for Kubina, which would solve soooo many problems for Buffalo. Kubina is an ideal guy to pair up with Kalinin, and we'd clear out more salary than we'd take on. I don't know if TB would do it or not, but who knows.

I'd definitely listen to offers for Miller, but unless I'm getting a proper return for his hype-value, I wouldn't do it. I would have signed Prusek before Columbus...I mean $625k? Come on. Noronen - Prusek is a very legitimate duo of NHL goalies, plus you could put Hasek on the back of Prusek's jersey and most Buffalo fans would fall for it

For a guy like Miller I'd be looking at something like Miller + a 4th rounder for Sami Salo + Kirill Koltsov maybe. I think after years of dealing with Cloutier, most Canucks fans would like a deal like that.

Or maybe Miller to DET straight up for Kronwall? Biron + a prospect like Thorburn to DET for Fischer? Not sure if DET can even take on an extra $750k or so worth of salary, but it'd seem to fit both team's needs. Legace is good enough to start in this league, but I think most people would agree that Biron is more talented and would probably give DET a much better chance to do well this year.

Actually, the more I think about Biron + Thorburn for Fischer, I really like that deal. I wonder if DET would do it. Fischer is a big guy that skates well enough to do well in the NEW NHL!!!1...at least better than most 6-5/230 defensemen. If it's true that Teppo is going to be paired with Kalinin, pair up Fischer and McKee, and then Tallinder and Jillson and you're all set...it's actually not half bad and will probably get them into the playoffs.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Right now if I was Darcy I'd wait around until Khabibulin signs and try to trade him off to one of the teams that lost out on him. If he doesn't resign with TB, I could see a trade of Biron + Pyatt + 2nd rounder (or comparable prospect) or something for Kubina, which would solve soooo many problems for Buffalo. Kubina is an ideal guy to pair up with Kalinin, and we'd clear out more salary than we'd take on. I don't know if TB would do it or not, but who knows.

I'd definitely listen to offers for Miller, but unless I'm getting a proper return for his hype-value, I wouldn't do it. I would have signed Prusek before Columbus...I mean $625k? Come on. Noronen - Prusek is a very legitimate duo of NHL goalies, plus you could put Hasek on the back of Prusek's jersey and most Buffalo fans would fall for it

For a guy like Miller I'd be looking at something like Miller + a 4th rounder for Sami Salo + Kirill Koltsov maybe. I think after years of dealing with Cloutier, most Canucks fans would like a deal like that.

Or maybe Miller to DET straight up for Kronwall? Biron + a prospect like Thorburn to DET for Fischer? Not sure if DET can even take on an extra $750k or so worth of salary, but it'd seem to fit both team's needs. Legace is good enough to start in this league, but I think most people would agree that Biron is more talented and would probably give DET a much better chance to do well this year.

Actually, the more I think about Biron + Thorburn for Fischer, I really like that deal. I wonder if DET would do it. Fischer is a big guy that skates well enough to do well in the NEW NHL!!!1...at least better than most 6-5/230 defensemen. If it's true that Teppo is going to be paired with Kalinin, pair up Fischer and McKee, and then Tallinder and Jillson and you're all set...it's actually not half bad and will probably get them into the playoffs.
I'll tattoo DARCY on my forehead if he pulls of a Biron for Fischer deal.

But i do like the idea of Biron to TB for Kubina.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Rowley Birkin

Fischer is another guy i'd love. No way we'd get that deal tho. Same goes for Kubina.

Another guy worth talking about is Wade Redden? UFA next year means he has low trade value. How about a package of Drury and Biron, plus a pick maybe for Redden and Mike Fisher? Drury would probably be attractive to Ottawa, and i think he'd be a good fit there. Fisher would be a great 2nd line C here. And Redden is our legit 1st pairing D. That way the Sens concentrate on locking up Chara.

I also agree that a Prusek/Noronen combo would be great.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:12 PM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
Fischer is another guy i'd love. No way we'd get that deal tho. Same goes for Kubina.

Another guy worth talking about is Wade Redden? UFA next year means he has low trade value. How about a package of Drury and Biron, plus a pick maybe for Redden and Mike Fisher? Drury would probably be attractive to Ottawa, and i think he'd be a good fit there. Fisher would be a great 2nd line C here. And Redden is our legit 1st pairing D. That way the Sens concentrate on locking up Chara.

I also agree that a Prusek/Noronen combo would be great.
I would do that trade in a second, and lock Redden up to a like a 4 year/$18m deal and have him and Kalinin be the franchise Dmen and log 30 mins a game each. I don't think we'd have much of a drop off from Drury to Fisher, honestly... go from a solid 50-55 pt 2-way center to a sold 40-45 pt 2-way center that makes alot less money. Drury might be a 65-70 pt guy in Ottawa, but I wouldn't care as long as we got Redden.

Might be counter-productive for Ottawa though seeing as they need centers, and while they do upgrade, they still don't add another body.

Closed Thread