HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beaulieu recalled again

Old
01-21-2014, 06:29 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
So Subban and Markov are back together?

Nice, this the team might finally be watchable once again

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
beaverBFP

Do you guys think they're playing Beaulieu to evaluate him for next season? Diaz is a UFA at the end of the year so maybe management thinks Beaulieu can perform just as well as Diaz but at a lower salary. Just thinking out loud here, what do you guys think?

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 06:58 PM
la25ecoupe

Subban Beaulieu on same line is amazing. However, both are RD

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 07:09 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Do you guys think they're playing Beaulieu to evaluate him for next season? Diaz is a UFA at the end of the year so maybe management thinks Beaulieu can perform just as well as Diaz but at a lower salary. Just thinking out loud here, what do you guys think?
They should be playing him, Tinordi and Pateryn in rotation, here and there . I know many say these boys need to stay in the AHL, and that may be so for the most part, but I think for sure these guys need good chunks of NHL time so that we can both see where they are but to also keep them motivated because at some point I could see these guys getting discouraged .In terms of Diaz if you think Cubes and Murray are gone, then if Diaz is out we only have 4 guys ( leaving aside Whiskey ) and there is no chance we have 2-3 rookies in the top 7.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 07:10 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Subban Beaulieu on same line is amazing. However, both are RD
Beaulieu actually played RD for the first time last game.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 08:27 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
Beaulieu actually played RD for the first time last game.
I gave a bit of thought to the Habs D yesterday, and the lineup I wanted is in fact the lineup at practice today...probably luck..

Some thoughts:

The lineup I hoped for:

Markov Subban (Just a very good top pair, especially facing guys like Crosby)
Emelin Diaz (Emelin on the left, they seem to work well together)
Beau Gorges (Good speed, Gorges can cover for the rookie)

I see Markov Subban playing big minutes, while the next 2 pairings split fairly evenly. Say a game with 3 PP and 3 PK:

-Markov: 22 ES, 3PP, 25 minutes. This should be his max later in the season. No PK and rest him at last minute of the period if he's gassed.

-Subby: 24 ES , 3PP, and yes 3PK, 30 minutes. Play the horse. This means he can be on the ice for most of Crosby's minutes.

-Emelin: 12 ES, 3PK, 15 minutes. On the left side...

-Diaz: 12 ES, 3PK, 3PP, 18 minutes. I realized that Diaz is pretty versatile, and can play RD.

-Beau: 12 ES, 3PP, 15 minutes. Beau essentially replaces Cube, probably same amount of D mistakes, but way more offense, especially on PP.

-Gorges: 14 ES, 3PK, 17 minutes. He can play last minute of period with PK to shut the door. Bump up to 19 Minutes if Marky or anyone else struggles.

Against most teams, this could be pretty good. Notes:

1. I would love it if Beau took Cube's job right now. Cube can be no. 7 this year, where he belongs. Next year we can sign a cheapish younger bigger candidate to fill that role, or maybe Drew will be the guy.

2. Sit Murray except for games against goon teams, for those, throw him in for Beau, say one out of 6 games. Parros sits for good. Replace Murray with a younger tough fighter no. 7 next year if possible.

3. I think they might trade Diaz for O help. They have to give to get. As I said, he's pretty versatile, and could have decent value at deadline or this summer. I could see his role replaced next year by two players: Tinordi and Emelin, Tiny taking Diaz PK time, and interestingly, Emelin taking Diaz PP time. I think Emelin can step up big next year, despite his current struggles.

4. Make a versatile top 4 acquisition that can help on PP or PK in case Tiny or Beau struggle.

5. Sign Markov to 3 more years. Controversial but I think the guy takes very good care of himself, and he has been trouble free for over 100 games. He is one of those rare D men that can play a long time, if his minutes are managed well.

6. I would love to upgrade Gorges but I do not think he is movable for another year. Also, if his minutes are reduced to 17-19 a game as I suggest,he is effective...Tinordi will eventually replace him for good.

That would give us at deadline or more likely next year:

Markov Subban
Emelin Beau/FA
Tiny/FA Gorges
(FA is one player, to cover if Tiny or Beau cannot both make it.)
Drewiske, Cheap pickup tough guy, Pateryn

I think the key to this is Emelin. If he can round into a very good and versatile 18-20 minute ES, PP, PK guy, we look pretty good. I think he can.

Not a bad D for the next 2 years...

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote