HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/20/14 "Waddle You Do?" - Panthers VS Penguins

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2014, 11:22 AM
chav

vCash: 500
Thomas is feeling a little ill

Old
01-20-2014, 11:26 AM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

Well then. Superman better prepare the super single-malt. This will be ugly.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
batting1k
HFB Partner

I think we'd need our goalie to come up big for use tonight if we wanted to win and Thomas is our best guy for that. Clemmensen would be better of playing vs. the Sabres because we have a better chance at better them, but it is what it is I guess.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:40 AM
FlaPanthers11
#CatsAreComing

On an optimistic note Markstrom under Dineen beat them.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Panthers Rock
2016 ATL Div Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
I suspect the late boarding by Staal vs the Canes.

Somehow Mottau is on IR?? I guess he got injured from being scratched too much.

Shore and Winchester on the PK makes me feel good. We will need it vs the Pens.
That's some Lou Lamoriello level of BS there. Hilarious.

Very glad to have Winchester back, he's sorely needed. The more forwards, the more guys not pulling their weight we can bench and we don't have to play Gomez :shudders:

Old
01-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Erick*

Well, we definitely won't win this game and it has nothing to do with Thomas not being in net. Apparently, Kopecky isn't playing? We can't win without the winner so this is over.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Panthers Rock
2016 ATL Div Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well, we definitely won't win this game and it has nothing to do with Thomas not being in net. Apparently, Kopecky isn't playing? We can't win without the winner so this is over.
But, but...but we have Winnie!

Old
01-20-2014, 11:56 AM
chav

Should we pick Steve Oleksy from the waivers?

Old
01-20-2014, 12:02 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreHere

I will be absolutely shocked if we win this game and all I want to see is a good effort out of the Panthers. The odds are completely against us in every way to get a win. Now that I look back to the Home Opener, I have no idea how we won so big against them despite Zatkoff in net. I'm glad to see Winchester back and he might help momentum after two games where I thought the team looked just plan old flat. Even if Thomas wasn't sick for tonight's game, I'd say Clemmensen would be a better option in net tonight with a more likelihood of getting a chance to win tomorrow in Buffalo with Thomas playing.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:06 PM
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
You're not invited to coach the Panthers.

I hope Neal misses this game.
Sorry, forgot this.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:07 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers Peter Horachek says Mike Mottau hurt leg a few days ago, hasn't been skating. On IR instead of Kopecky - who could be back Tues

Feel for Mottau. Those press box chairs must be brutal.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I will be absolutely shocked if we win this game and all I want to see is a good effort out of the Panthers. The odds are completely against us in every way to get a win. Now that I look back to the Home Opener, I have no idea how we won so big against them despite Zatkoff in net. I'm glad to see Winchester back and he might help momentum after two games where I thought the team looked just plan old flat. Even if Thomas wasn't sick for tonight's game, I'd say Clemmensen would be a better option in net tonight with a more likelihood of getting a chance to win tomorrow in Buffalo with Thomas playing.
Yeah I said before in the thread that I would probably start Clem regardless. Someone brought up a good point that Thomas is the kind of guy who would want revenge for getting yanked vs the Pens last time out but still, I'd let Clem absorb this one and let Thomas go get Buffalo who was also tough on him last time. And they suck.

Glad Winny is back. The PK has been good. Now it will be better.

Looking forward to seeing who gets the point on PP. Hoping it's Gilbert but betting on it being Boyes. Glad Flash is off the point. I want him off the PP entirely as he even misses the net from a few feet out, doesn't screen and his passes have sucked lately too but I guess you can't have cake and eat it too.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
Well then. Superman better prepare the super single-malt. This will be ugly.
No magic potion has helped lately, the power of the suck has been too strong even for me

Barkov gets a hatter tonight though

Old
01-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Two4Fighting

Since Horacheck took the team under his wing the Panthers experienced a great deal of improvement all the way until that great wining streak in Canada, you can actually plot all the stats in a chart and see how everything has improved, and also there was a great feeling in the air, we were winning against the best teams in the league, there was no doubt that Horacheck has found that "je ne sais quoi" magic in the team.

Lately things have started to fall apart, nothing is clicking, Gudranson and Olsen were part part of that run, Bugstad and Upshall were making things happen and the B's were doing what they do best, taking control of the game.

I am beginning to wonder if we hit the ceiling or was it just an aberration, and if so, then we must at the least fall somewhere in between, where we play great games and win at least half of them, but hat is not even looking like a possibility in many of the last games, the structure that we saw before is not there, we are scrambling again at the same level when Dineen was here.

We are missing Flash goals an assists, Gudbranson and Olsen as a pair, goals in the Powerplay, a heavy shot from the point in the powerplay in the likes of Garrison, so Soupy can do his thing,
We are missing the many goals from Bugs line, and mostly we are missing the structure again, we are not getting the pucks out the zone as we used to and we have reverted to dump and chase again.

One thing for sure we don't need is "Jovo", he is actually hurting the team and Gudbranson's progress, something has to be done with him, getting him off the ice will be a great start.

Old
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
FrolikFan67

@chav

considering we don't have any depth on RD outside of Petrovic i think we should absolutely pick up Oleksy.

Old
01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav View Post
I probably would. The Caps board is pretty much saying he's a decent bottom pairing guy, which I think we need. I'd imagine he'd be better than what Jovo and Weaver have to offer (even though I know those guys get first dibs at the lineup).

-ghoste

Old
01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Benched

Quote:
He's gotta be better than Weaver and Jovo. So why not? Might be fun to watch him on a pairing with Olsen.

Old
01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

So pretty much the only guy who will stand in front of the net, or at least has a track record of doing so (Kopecky), is out tonight.

Old
01-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1k View Post
So pretty much the only guy who will stand in front of the net, or at least has a track record of doing so (Kopecky), is out tonight.
I guess we can always just shoot the puck at their players like we did vs the Canes?

Kopecky isn't good at screening either. At least he has not been this year. Like everyone else he is late to the play or just out of position. We have absolutely no order when we have the puck. Guys are either tied up or completely out of the play. The only thing we can do is find the open man consistently but if we are just going to shoot the puck straight in to the pads of either the goalie or their players it doesn't matter.

Old
01-20-2014, 02:29 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
I guess we can always just shoot the puck at their players like we did vs the Canes?

Kopecky isn't good at screening either. At least he has not been this year. Like everyone else he is late to the play or just out of position. We have absolutely no order when we have the puck. Guys are either tied up or completely out of the play. The only thing we can do is find the open man consistently but if we are just going to shoot the puck straight in to the pads of either the goalie or their players it doesn't matter.
who's good at screening the goaltender when there's nothing to screen?

Old
01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post

Not this year as much, but in the past he's made a commitment to get to the front of the net. He's a big body and the perfect guy to do it.

Old
01-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Effe

vCash: 2300
Quote:
I wouldnt mind a extra D but dont think we will take Oleksy, we could have grabed Klesla a few days ago but didnt

Old
01-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Android 16

What is this Barkov with a hattie stuff..

Old
01-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Effe

vCash: 2300
Who's backup today?

Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice 5 tim
@jonnyboy613 Thomas is sick

Old
01-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
Who's backup today?

Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice 5 tim
@jonnyboy613 Thomas is sick
Rob Tallas In all seriousness is probably is him. Lets hope clemmer stays healthy.

Closed Thread