HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simpson available...hmmmm

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 11:42 AM
FlavorFlav

vCash: 500
Simpson available...hmmmm

Todd Simpson is apparently being left uprotected by the Coyotes. Now that in my opinion would be a swell move to pick him up (YOINK! as they say on the Simpsons). Tough, uses his size, mean as hell and fights. Let him be available by #10!!! (doubt he will of course).

BTW, when did they make a Tie Domi become a smilie? :devious:

Old
10-02-2003, 12:19 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav
Todd Simpson is apparently being left uprotected by the Coyotes. Now that in my opinion would be a swell move to pick him up (YOINK! as they say on the Simpsons). Tough, uses his size, mean as hell and fights. Let him be available by #10!!! (doubt he will of course).

Didn't Simpson KO someone on the Habs a few years ago ? Could he be available for health reasons ? Somebody wrote something about concussions. Hey, it does look like Domi, without the drool.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:28 PM
BigM1ke

The only KOs I remember are Gordie Dwyer last year and Murray Baron 3 or 4 years ago but it wasn't versus Simpson. Troy Mallett I think??

Old
10-02-2003, 01:53 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Didn't Simpson KO someone on the Habs a few years ago ? Could he be available for health reasons ? Somebody wrote something about concussions. Hey, it does look like Domi, without the drool.
He had concussions in the past. However, he doesn't play soft because of it, he's still as mean as he used to. Most people are scratching their head over the fact he's been put on waivers. There's nobody that thinks he will pass through.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:04 PM
tinyzombies

We already have Souray, Komisarek and Quintal, we don't need Simpson. I like Todd Harvey as a pickup. We need to get tougher up front. There's not way we'd get Green, but he would easily take over for Juneau.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:09 PM
Go Habs Go

I don't want any of these guys. I don't remember what the waiver draft rule is but if you pick up a guy, don't you have to give up a guy? Not worth it for guys like Green, Simpson or Harvey.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:28 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
I don't want any of these guys. I don't remember what the waiver draft rule is but if you pick up a guy, don't you have to give up a guy? Not worth it for guys like Green, Simpson or Harvey.

I would rather have Harvey than Juneau (who has been protected)... Harvey is younger, cheaper, meaner... perfect for a fourth line assignment with Dwyer and Ward.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:48 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
We already have Souray, Komisarek and Quintal, we don't need Simpson. I like Todd Harvey as a pickup. We need to get tougher up front. There's not way we'd get Green, but he would easily take over for Juneau.
Well, Simpson is a good stay at home defenseman. He'd be one of our best defensive dman (top 3) on our team. Also, we're weak at the LD position (with Traverse and Dykhuis gone, Bouillon and Hainsey currently make a weak 3rd LD). I think a guy like Simpson would at last complement Brisebois and would make a solid pairing with him. The other big need of this team is toughness on the top two lines, which Harvey won't provide. He'd be another Lindsay on our team. Sure, it might make a small difference, but our top lines wouldn't profit from it. However, with Simpson we can put out three tough dmen combo (Brisebois-Simpson, Rivet-Markov, Quintal/Komi-Souray) that can jump right in if the opposition makes trouble to our smaller forwards. This would also put a veteran that can clean the front of the net on every pair of dmen.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:49 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
You have to unprotect one player if you pick a player. If no one picks the player you unprotected, then you don't lose anything. We still have Dackell that's easily unprotectable.

Old
10-02-2003, 04:22 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
Who wa sthe loser that palyed with habs a few years ago was it Reid Simpson?
Yeah it was Reid Simpson... Think he's with the Pens now.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:36 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
The only KOs I remember are Gordie Dwyer last year and Murray Baron 3 or 4 years ago but it wasn't versus Simpson. Troy Mallett I think??
I called a friend, it was Patrick Poulin. Simpson stunned him with a barage of punches and Poulin fell forward and hurt his knee. Now I remember.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:45 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Well, Simpson is a good stay at home defenseman. He'd be one of our best defensive dman (top 3) on our team. Also, we're weak at the LD position (with Traverse and Dykhuis gone, Bouillon and Hainsey currently make a weak 3rd LD). I think a guy like Simpson would at last complement Brisebois and would make a solid pairing with him. The other big need of this team is toughness on the top two lines, which Harvey won't provide. He'd be another Lindsay on our team. Sure, it might make a small difference, but our top lines wouldn't profit from it. However, with Simpson we can put out three tough dmen combo (Brisebois-Simpson, Rivet-Markov, Quintal/Komi-Souray) that can jump right in if the opposition makes trouble to our smaller forwards. This would also put a veteran that can clean the front of the net on every pair of dmen.
Harvey is a lot better player than Lindsay imho. He doesn't take the stupid penalties that Lindsay does and he's a lot nastier and legitimately tougher. A lot of Lindsay's "toughness" is just for show. Harvey also has the hands to pop in 10-15 goals.

I agree about Hainsey, he should be sent back down if he's not ready and play on the top pairing in Hamilton. I don't mind Bouillon and Quintal as a third line pairing for now though. Bouillon and Komisarek I'm not so sure about tho. Simpson and Quintal could look a lot like Souray-Quintal did in the 2002 playoffs, which could be good, though they both lack mobility and would have to be used carefully.

Simpson and Brisebois would be a terrible match. Simpson's mobility and reads are even worse than Souray's. That could get ugly when paired with Mr. Coughup. Simpson's main asset is his nastiness and size, but his concussion history have diminished those factors a bit I'm sure, or else he wouldn't be on the waiver wire with only a $1.5 mil salary.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:49 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
It was Patrick Poulin (wrost fighter ever) but i'm not sure it was this Simpson.

I don't want any of them anyway we already have too much D and I prefer Komi to him.

Old
10-03-2003, 01:12 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav

yeah Homer Simpson would bring some size....

Old
10-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Simpson KO'd Poulin in the 98-99 season. And yes it was Troy Mallette that KO'd Murray Baron years back in Boston.

Closed Thread