HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predators Re-sign Eaton and acquire Sheldon Brookbank

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 04:35 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Predators Re-sign Eaton and acquire Sheldon Brookbank

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS02/50804004

Sheldon is Wade's brother.

Eaton is a very underrated defensemen. Nashville's defensive line up probably looks like this:

Timonen, Markov
Hamhuis, Suter
Zidlicky, Eaton
Allison

Very solid. Klein, Weber, and Parent in the pipeline. Impressive.

David

Old
08-04-2005, 04:41 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS02/50804004

Sheldon is Wade's brother.

Eaton is a very underrated defensemen. Nashville's defensive line up probably looks like this:

Timonen, Markov
Hamhuis, Suter
Zidlicky, Eaton
Allison

Very solid. Klein, Weber, and Parent in the pipeline. Impressive.

David

As long as we got him for less than his QO, I'd be glad. Brookbank, Allison, and Zanon can fight for that #7 spot. I don't think Hammer and Suter will be paired. I think Trotz will split the two up. Having a 22 year old with 1 year of NHL experience and a 20 year old with no NHL experience booking top 4 ice time together doesn't make a ton of sense.

After we landed Markov, we knew that the reaquisition of Eaton would make our defense set. Now let's hope we can get a center.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:44 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
As long as we got him for less than his QO, I'd be glad. Brookbank and Zanon can fight for that #7 spot. I don't think Hammer and Suter will be paired. I think Trotz will split the two up. Having a 22 year old with 1 year of NHL experience and a 20 year old with no NHL experience booking top 4 ice time together doesn't make a ton of sense.

After we landed Markov, we knew that the reaquisition of Eaton would make our defense set. Now let's hope we can get a center.
I agree that the last two lines could be Zidlicky and Hamhuis, then Suter and Eaton. Depends on whether Trotz wants to keep the familiarity that Suter and Hamhuis have as previous linemates together. I believe they've mentioned that as a possibility before. It might actually be the best thing until everyone gets their legs back under them.

David

Old
08-04-2005, 04:45 PM
nhl2night

thats good news for pred fans, now we need a 1st line center. I think we should trade a prospect or two for top notch center.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I actually think that it'll look more like this...

Markov - Timonen
Eaton - Hamhuis
Suter - Zidlicky

I think Eaton's steady nature would allow Hamhuis to develop his offensive game. He played conservative in his first year in Milwaukee and his first year with the Preds. But he was awesome offensively for the Ads last year. I'd like to see him paired with a Dman that will allow him to play offensively. With Zidlicky, Hammer won't get to use a lot of the offensive tools that he possesses.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I actually think that it'll look more like this...

Markov - Timonen
Eaton - Hamhuis
Suter - Zidlicky

I think Eaton's steady nature would allow Hamhuis to develop his offensive game. He played conservative in his first year in Milwaukee and his first year with the Preds. But he was awesome offensively for the Ads last year. I'd like to see him paired with a Dman that will allow him to play offensively. With Zidlicky, Hammer won't get to use a lot of the offensive tools that he possesses.
I like that as well. Hammer and Suter should be really good all-around players. You're pairings will allow Hamhuis to concentrate on offense this year while allowing Suter another year to concentrate on defense over offense.

Not bad at all.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:51 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
good, now lets go find a center.

Closed Thread