HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Breaking Down the Killer B's 16 Shot Night In Carolina

Old
01-20-2014, 02:37 PM
coopdaloop123

vCash: 500
Breaking Down the Killer B's 16 Shot Night In Carolina

After the Killer B's exploded for 16 shots in a 3-2 loss to Carolina the other night I decided to take a look and see just what their production was all about. In doing so I found that although they are a quality unit, having just 1 threat may end up doing more harm than good. The trend from 1st to 3rd period was pretty disturbing. Made a chart and wrote some words below!

http://pantherparkway.com/2014/01/20...t-in-carolina/

coopdaloop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

You're right Coop, one line isn't going to cut it. Weeks ago we used to kinda have two lines that created pressure (the other being Huby-Jugger-Upshall).

I understand with Huby's struggles that Horachek feels the need to drop him down but realistically, he's wasted on the Goc/Kopy checking line. The injury to Upshall might have been a factor but he has really cooled off from his surprising start. I'd drop Upshall down to Goc/Kopy and move Huby back with Jugger.

As much as I like Matthias, he doesn't help improve anyone he plays with. He simply just tries to do everything himself so he basically can stay on the 4th line. I'm not even sure he's in our future plans anyway and wouldn't be surprised to see him moved soon (deadline/offseason). Winchester adds a lot more than Hayes so I figure he might soon be sent to SA if allowed.

I can't believe Horachek just doesn't go with a Huby-Jugger-Shore line for at least a game. He put them together in the 3rd period a couple weeks ago and they looked nice. Towards the end of that game, he put Upshall back on there and they wasted a shift in our zone and end of story, he never went back to them.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 04:52 PM
hockey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
You're right Coop, one line isn't going to cut it. Weeks ago we used to kinda have two lines that created pressure (the other being Huby-Jugger-Upshall).

I understand with Huby's struggles that Horachek feels the need to drop him down but realistically, he's wasted on the Goc/Kopy checking line. The injury to Upshall might have been a factor but he has really cooled off from his surprising start. I'd drop Upshall down to Goc/Kopy and move Huby back with Jugger.

As much as I like Matthias, he doesn't help improve anyone he plays with. He simply just tries to do everything himself so he basically can stay on the 4th line. I'm not even sure he's in our future plans anyway and wouldn't be surprised to see him moved soon (deadline/offseason). Winchester adds a lot more than Hayes so I figure he might soon be sent to SA if allowed.

I can't believe Horachek just doesn't go with a Huby-Jugger-Shore line for at least a game. He put them together in the 3rd period a couple weeks ago and they looked nice. Towards the end of that game, he put Upshall back on there and they wasted a shift in our zone and end of story, he never went back to them.

-ghoste
Matthias is a hockey player not god! You honestly think getting buried on the fourth line he is going to improve the likes of Barch or Hayes? Probably not in the future plans of the team but surely believe he has been under utilized by an organization more bent on showcasing young talent and over paid contracts than giving fans a winning team. Of course there's always next year and Matthias will likely be gone. Where would we Panthers fans be without next year? Let's just hope that Bjugstad and Barkov don't have sophmore Jinx's like Huberdeau!

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 05:13 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
Matthias is a hockey player not god! You honestly think getting buried on the fourth line he is going to improve the likes of Barch or Hayes? Probably not in the future plans of the team but surely believe he has been under utilized by an organization more bent on showcasing young talent and over paid contracts than giving fans a winning team. Of course there's always next year and Matthias will likely be gone. Where would we Panthers fans be without next year? Let's just hope that Bjugstad and Barkov don't have sophmore Jinx's like Huberdeau!
Disagree with Matthias. He's been given the chanes for sucsess and only has one month to show for it. He's entirely expendable. He had the chance to come in and take Weiss' spot this year but did he rise to the occasion? Nope. He had a flat camp and has done nothing since. Right now Bjugstad does everything that Matthias does, only better. He's a bottom 6 guy and that is.

As far as the article the old problems are the new ones. Last season we saw the same with Huby- Shore- Mueller. The team's depth is lacking by personnel and by slumping forwards.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 05:28 PM
hockey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
Disagree with Matthias. He's been given the chanes for sucsess and only has one month to show for it. He's entirely expendable. He had the chance to come in and take Weiss' spot this year but did he rise to the occasion? Nope. He had a flat camp and has done nothing since. Right now Bjugstad does everything that Matthias does, only better. He's a bottom 6 guy and that is.

As far as the article the old problems are the new ones. Last season we saw the same with Huby- Shore- Mueller. The team's depth is lacking by personnel and by slumping forwards.
Is Bjugstad making Upshall and Fleischmann, Huberdeau better? Anyway not my point. Maybe Bjugstad has shown more at center but Matthias so far behind Upshall and Kopecky on a wing, I'm just not buying.

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote