HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVII

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2014, 08:45 PM
M10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapedGoat View Post
This couldn't be more wrong. Seattle is the new Baltimore with that defence. Big difference though is that Seattle has their stud quarterback while the Ravens had Trent Dilfer. They're going to be a force for years to come and I doubt this is their last Super Bowl.
Ok Mr. Madden. We will see where they are when all of these young guys cash in the next couple of years. Bookmark my post John, you heard it here first.

Old
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 50
Should make a poll, who has the worse defense, Broncos or Avs?

Old
02-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by M10 View Post
Ok Mr. Madden. We will see where they are when all of these young guys cash in the next couple of years. Bookmark my post John, you heard it here first.
And what about the broncos? The seachickens have the youngest team of all of the playoff teams and many are really good role players that won't cost that much.

Last edited by Pirate Deadpool: 02-02-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Well, that sucked. I'm not a Broncos fan but I was hoping Manning would win another one.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:09 PM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Blaming Manning? His team isn't giving him much protection, his WR's are not making plays after the catch and Moreno stood there and let the Pick-6 happen.

I'd be blaming a lot of others before blaming Manning.
He and C are to blame for the safety. The ball was sailing on him a bunch of times in the 1st. Those picks were pretty ugly. Atleast the defense held Seattle to 2 FG's after the offense going 3 an out, turning it over etc.

At the end of the night everybody is to blame. Manning came in having one of the best seasons if not THE BEST of All-Time as a QB and hadn't scored a TD up until the 4th quarter.

Like I said blame everybody, even Fox. Running the ball on 3rd and punting when we were down 29 was hilarious. To say Manning never came up short today would be silly, haven't missed a Bronco game all season and that was probably his worst first half of the season. Kinda like last year vs the Ravens was one of his ****tier games too, much like when he played in Indiana vs the Pats etc.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Rhaego

No words.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
anleva

I blame it on that ****ing drunk Joe Namath and his premature coin toss. Would have come up heads and everything would have went out way.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
JoemAvs

I am not even a Broncos fan but I decided to cheer for them because of the Avs and Oh boy did I regret that.

Painful to watch even for me...

Manning and the whole team choked from top to bottom.
Seattle is a good team with the best defense in the league. No doubt.

But that was amateur hour by the Broncos.
Manning and the C giving up a safety 10s in set the tone and they never had a chance.

Worst superbowl (after XXXIX for me) ever

Old
02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
That was XXIV levels of bad. Luckily for me, I'm no longer much of a football fan (too many commercial breaks). Also, I'm experienced with the Broncos failing at the big game. SB XII still stings, and that was their best loss.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
GamingGiant

That sucked being a Colorado fan. The Broncos choked and gave the game away. There was no heart or passion. Thank god for the Avs

Old
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by M10 View Post
Honest question Denver, and I was pulling for Manning, but honest question... How did you guys even get to this point?
Literally the best scoring offense of all time. Not hyperbole.

That ragtag group of losers they plugged holes with all season had to show their colors at some point. The Broncos can't just lose they have to all out implode. Seattle made plays, not taking away from them. But when you do things like botch the opening snap and give up kick off returns, that's choking. Manning is to blame just like the rest of them but his arm was hit on both of those early interceptions.

Those hoping for increased Avs coverage now are going to be sorely disappointed. Would do themselves a favor to close out this week strong in NY though.

Did y'all see EJ made it to the game?

Old
02-02-2014, 09:43 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

...and it was the worst Superbowl ever.

The end.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
GOAT

/thread

Old
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

Just wanted to drop by and offer my condolences, that one had to sting.

Saw a graphic though, for Manning as he apparently set a record for completions in a Super Bowl....at least I think I read that correctly. On a night where nothing went right for the Broncos, it figures Peyton would at least get something done.

02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Manning is to blame just like the rest of them but his arm was hit on both of those early interceptions.
Oh the O-Line was inconsistent as hell. One play they'd give him time the next one he'd have tons of pressure. As a QB you have to feel the pressure. That second INT he had no business throwing it. Manning would tell you himself that was a bad play. Our O-Line wasn't great to begin with but because of how intelligent of a football player Manning is he makes them great.

Everybody failed. John Fox, special teams, defense played excellent in the red zone to start but eventually failed just as much. Offensively Denver was on the greatest ever All-Time and completely layed an egg. They couldn't score. Manning deserves just as much blame as the next guy, and they collectively failed as a unit.

Vegas has Denver as the favorite, tons of people had the Seahawks winning but this will go down as an epic choke job.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Michael Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
But that was amateur hour by the Broncos.
I completely agree. The "best scoring offence of all time" couldn`t do anything against the Seahawks. I would much rather have the 2007-2008 Tom Brady`s best scoring offence in a Super Bowl since at least they weren`t completely destroyed by the Giants back then, and had Randy Moss as the always dangerous deep weapon. What an embarrassing performance by the Denver Broncos. This was Vancouver olympics 6-0 USA against Finland after the first period level bad.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:19 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post
He and C are to blame for the safety. The ball was sailing on him a bunch of times in the 1st. Those picks were pretty ugly. Atleast the defense held Seattle to 2 FG's after the offense going 3 an out, turning it over etc.

At the end of the night everybody is to blame. Manning came in having one of the best seasons if not THE BEST of All-Time as a QB and hadn't scored a TD up until the 4th quarter.

Like I said blame everybody, even Fox. Running the ball on 3rd and punting when we were down 29 was hilarious. To say Manning never came up short today would be silly, haven't missed a Bronco game all season and that was probably his worst first half of the season. Kinda like last year vs the Ravens was one of his ****tier games too, much like when he played in Indiana vs the Pats etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post
Oh the O-Line was inconsistent as hell. One play they'd give him time the next one he'd have tons of pressure. As a QB you have to feel the pressure. That second INT he had no business throwing it. Manning would tell you himself that was a bad play. Our O-Line wasn't great to begin with but because of how intelligent of a football player Manning is he makes them great.

Everybody failed. John Fox, special teams, defense played excellent in the red zone to start but eventually failed just as much. Offensively Denver was on the greatest ever All-Time and completely layed an egg. They couldn't score. Manning deserves just as much blame as the next guy, and they collectively failed as a unit.

Vegas has Denver as the favorite, tons of people had the Seahawks winning but this will go down as an epic choke job.
Gonna respond to both of your posts.

Don't see how Peyton is at fault on the Safety, the Center snapped the ball too early. When you have a QB like Peyton, who's known for changing plays, you don't snap the ball early. I place the blame on him entirely.

The O-Line was down right terrible all game long, aside from brief moments when Peyton did have time, his WR's barely did anything. I understand Seattle has hard-hitters in their Secondary, but you need your WR's to be able to break some tackles, look at Seattle's WR's, they broke tackles, they made plays after the catch.

Not sure HOW the 2nd INT would be considered "Manning's fault". His arm got hit as he was throwing it and then Moreno just stood there watching it. Moreno was going no where if he caught that ball, he should have been batting it down, instead he allows the Seattle LB to get by him and catch it.

Manning overthrew some balls (so did Wilson), but his WR's let him down today in a lot of ways, his O-Line let him down a lot and while the Defense held Lynch in the first, the rest of them didn't even make Wilson blink it seemed.

I'd say that Denver should fire all of the Coaching Staff, but I'd be happy with JDR being gone.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
02-02-2014, 10:23 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Just wanted to drop by and offer my condolences, that one had to sting.

Saw a graphic though, for Manning as he apparently set a record for completions in a Super Bowl....at least I think I read that correctly. On a night where nothing went right for the Broncos, it figures Peyton would at least get something done.
Yep. When they said that on the broadcast I had to chuckle. Only Manning could have as bad a game as he did, with the rest of the team, and still manage to break a record.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:24 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Would have been nice to be left with some dignity. Now it just feels like the people of Denver are all *******s for running around town for two weeks thinking we were actually going to win the Super Bowl.

I don't care who comes back. I wouldn't care if Manning retires (I know he isn't). Get rid of everyone, they are all to blame.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anleva View Post
I blame it on that ****ing drunk Joe Namath and his premature coin toss. Would have come up heads and everything would have went out way.
The coin toss for a regular season game, OK fine, who cares (kinda like shootouts in hockey). In the playoffs?? It should ALWAYS be the team with the best record that gets to choose.

I too blame that old knob Joe Namath with his pretty boy fur coat... "look at me, love me!"

I would have released Trinton Holliday from his contract at the half.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I would have released Trinton Holliday from his contract at the half.
Holliday pissed me off all season. He was constantly trying to return kicks/punts that shouldn't have been returned. His first Kick Return the ball was really deep in the endzone and he tried to run it out and got to about the 14 yard line...not that it would've made a difference because they went 3-and-Out, but still, he had been doing that all year.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Holliday pissed me off all season. He was constantly trying to return kicks/punts that shouldn't have been returned. His first Kick Return the ball was really deep in the endzone and he tried to run it out and got to about the 14 yard line...not that it would've made a difference because they went 3-and-Out, but still, he had been doing that all year.
You're right. I think I only missed 2 or 3 games this whole season but I'm still relatively new to NFL football, if they knew they has issues at that position returning punts, why didn't they address it and acquire someone decent? I mean, didn't they have Welker and Decker subbing for Holliday later on in the season?

Old
02-02-2014, 10:36 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Good question. Pretty much you are not going to waste another roster spot on a returner. I understand they could have cut him but then it would have been Welker or Decker doing it full time. He did have I think at least 5 returns with the Broncos, so the reward was worth the risk for the most part. He actually didn't fumble the return for a turnover at all this season.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Boulder Avalanche
Pull the Goalie

The Broncos need to clean house. Especially at the coaching level. Fox cannot not just get the team to finish out important games. He very much reminds me of Sacco in that respect. Also how about we adress the defensive. It sucked all season and something needs to be done about it. If the Broncos defense was even half as good as Seattle's we would have won the game. The only thing that allowed the Broncos to do so well this year was to keep the offensive on the field all the time. Take that out and the Broncos fold just like tonight. Manning is a great QB and will be here next season but in hindsight the signing might not be the best thing for the future. The Broncos still have a ton of holes and Manning elevated the team but he does not have the pieces around him.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Michael Hockey

I think one thing that was missing today was Peyton Manning`s famous ability to succesfully change plays before the snap and with this create confusion and mismatches in the opposing defence. Neither he, the coaching staff or the receivers could do anything to shake the Seahawks defence.

Closed Thread