HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Ink Toronto Tandem

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Panthers Ink Toronto Tandem

I was pokin' around your website looking at something (my Preds need Jokinen) and saw this. Good signings - you all may make some big strides this year.

Florida Panthers General Manager Mike Keenan announced today that the Florida Panthers have signed NHL All-Star forwards C Joe Nieuwendyk and LW Gary Roberts to two-year contracts.

Old
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Clash*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
I was pokin' around your website looking at something (my Preds need Jokinen) and saw this. Good signings - you all may make some big strides this year.

Florida Panthers General Manager Mike Keenan announced today that the Florida Panthers have signed NHL All-Star forwards C Joe Nieuwendyk and LW Gary Roberts to two-year contracts.
Wow, this post just made the past week feel like it never happened.

Old
08-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Sonne

Send a message via AIM to Sonne
C'mon Clash, you weren't like this on the hockey attitude boards- this guy meant well.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonne
C'mon Clash, you weren't like this on the hockey attitude boards- this guy meant well.
What was I like on the Hockey Attitude boards? I rarely if ever posted on there, unless you mean the 4hockeyfans board. And then you must have missed some of my posts with Volstate. Even the one that got me banned on the IntoTheCrease boards that I got rave reviews over from other members.

And it wasn't meant bad. It was just the same feeling that started off the week before all the excitement from all the other teams. A major letdown.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Sonne

Send a message via AIM to Sonne
Man, "Volstate"....

That brings back memories. Back when I was the little "kid" on those boards.

Well, letdowns are the Panthers organization. I would like to see Paul Kariya down here, but it's not going to happen.

And the move was much better than nothing, I mean look- fans of other teams are coming here saying it's a good move.

I replied to your PM, twice I think by accident.

Last edited by Sonne: 08-05-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Hockey message boards other than HF!?

Hook it up with a link!

Old
08-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Acadmus

Speaking of Panthers letdowns, anyone else get the feeling our final payroll number will be in the $24M-$25M range, instead of the promised $28M-$32M range? Especially not Keenan's $30M figure...

Old
08-05-2005, 08:41 AM
justapantherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Speaking of Panthers letdowns, anyone else get the feeling our final payroll number will be in the $24M-$25M range, instead of the promised $28M-$32M range? Especially not Keenan's $30M figure...

If it wasn't for the floor being hard we would fall through it.

Over all with getting our RFA's signed how much could they spend on Ollie and Roberto. Come on Mike get with it.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:46 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
I think that $30mil spending number is for the entirety of the season...so I'm sure Mike will leave some room for midseason signings, if necessary.

Otherwise, nothing new regarding broken promises.

The team remains intact so far, and that's something I was hoping for.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by justapantherfan
If it wasn't for the floor being hard we would fall through it.

Over all with getting our RFA's signed how much could they spend on Ollie and Roberto. Come on Mike get with it.
I think Mike should get with it soon because as soon as Khabi signs somewhere, I am sure his agent will use that as leverage in negotiations.

Old
08-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Crossbar

Cats boss delighted to add 'coaches'

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...60683-sun.html

Old
08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher

Feels good to hear it still though, Florida actually doing something in free agency, by the way I hope Erat pans out this year.

Old
08-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I think Mike should get with it soon because as soon as Khabi signs somewhere, I am sure his agent will use that as leverage in negotiations.
Probably what Keenan's waiting for...let someone else set the price, then point to the absence of a Stanley Cup ring on Luongo's finger to justify paying him less. Then further pointing out how many winning seasons Khabibulin has had on marginal teams to pay him still less.

The Luongo's agent will point out that the Panthers were still in playoff contention in early March despite icing a mostly minor league team (remember Kamil Piros and Ty Jones were on the roster?) mainly due to Luongo. And then he'll point out Luongo had a top-5 save percentage most of the season while setting league records for rubber faced and saves made. So in the end, who knows where the negotiations end up.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Damn Acadmus, were you in the freaking negotiating room with them? Or are you like Eticket and have the ability to see the future?

Old
08-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Damn Acadmus, were you in the freaking negotiating room with them? Or are you like Eticket and have the ability to see the future?
You're about to get your answer....wow, I can predict the future!

Of course, I couldn't predict the HFBoards database crashing last time I tried to post a response to this.

Anyway, two points:
1) eticket doesn't claim to predict the future...he claims to know it absolutely based on being in the negotiating room...remember, he's buds with Cohen
2) my condition is called intuition

Closed Thread