HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Questions about Ottawa (the city)

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 02:11 PM
AzNDrAgOn

vCash:
Questions about Ottawa (the city)

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Montreal. But because we have a lot of family relatives there, there's a chance I might move there next year. I've heard that school in Ottawa is different from Quebec's. I'm currently in sec 4 and turning sec 5 (grade 11) next year. Can anyone help me out and tell me how many years left 'till I study in university. And is there any schools you can recommand me ? Thanks in advance.

(sorry for my poor english)

Old
10-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNDrAgOn
Hi all,

I'm currently living in Montreal. But because we have a lot of family relatives there, there's a chance I might move there next year. I've heard that school in Ottawa is different from Quebec's. I'm currently in sec 4 and turning sec 5 (grade 11) next year. Can anyone help me out and tell me how many years left 'till I study in university. And is there any schools you can recommand me ? Thanks in advance.

(sorry for my poor english)
Ok. You are in grade 11, and you graduate after grade 12. It used to be there were 13 grades, but last year it was switched. So, including grade 11, you have two more years of high school left, then off to university. The Quebec system with CEGEP is unique in North America.

As for which school to go to, it will depend on where you are living really. THe only main private school in Ottawa is Ashbury College. I didn't go there, so I can't tell you anything too specific. Its very highly regarded, but also very expensive.

Any other questions about school or university of anything, PM me.

Old
10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Puck
Ninja

If you are moving to the area, you could always make arrangements to finish your schooling in the Gatineau region. You could stay within the Quebec system. I see students on the buses crossing the bridge every day, so anything is possible. Your family also has the option to move to Gatineau instead of Ottawa and they won't have to suffer thru more drastic changes as in change of hospital insurance, vehicle license, insurance, pension plans etc...

Old
10-02-2003, 10:24 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
That's a good option actually. I was living in Quebec City for 5 years when my father was there on contract. When we moved back to Ottawa is was quite the nightmare for our schooling. They didn't translate Cegep to highschool very well and I ended up losing a year with my peers. But now that they've gotten rid of grade 12...I have no idea.

Old
10-02-2003, 01:34 PM
AzNDrAgOn

vCash:
Thanks for the replies guys

I'm happy to know that if I need something else to ask, there will be warm people here helping me out =)

Closed Thread