HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Handzus dealt to the Oilers?

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 11:49 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide
I agree. Reasoner and a first, Reasoner/Schremp.

Except that the Flyers aren't going to trade Handzus. I suggested a Brewer for Handzus trade before this thing started but couldn't get more than a half dozen Oiler fans convinced so I didn't bother bringing it over here.
I did the same thing and got brutalized here! I said Handzus+Seidenberg for Brewer, and most people shot me down. A couple of Philly fans and maybe 2 Oilers fans thought it was a good deal for both sides.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:52 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I am not denigrating Marty Reasoner. He is just a clear downgrade in talent from Handzus, and we are no longer over the cap (unless Johnsson, Gagne, and Esche all want top money). If Handzus is gone for Reasoner, we better have a 1st, or a Schremp, or something coming back.
Handzus is a good player but Schremp, come on, he will be ahead of Carter and Richards in points in a few years. I would not trade Schremp for Handzus from edmontons stand point. Handzus sees the ice well and can score but he is not that smooth a skater. He has only broken 50 points twice. Don't get me wrong I think he is a very good hockey player but he is not worth a Schremp that is for sure.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:52 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

clarke's last no-no move was giving up all that merchandise to the oil for mike comrie...please don't let them have another

Old
08-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
I did the same thing and got brutalized here! I said Handzus+Seidenberg for Brewer, and most people shot me down. A couple of Philly fans and maybe 2 Oilers fans thought it was a good deal for both sides.

Nice to find another visionary out there.

Speaking of Seidenberg, did he get buried by all that bulk Clarke signed? I like what little I've seen of him.

btw, Rathje is a fine defender for those who haven't seen him much. He's big, but a very smart player. Excellent signing although the 5 years was a bit much (probably the price paid to get him I'd expect).

Old
08-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Brad*

Seidenberg should be the 6th defenseman this year. Johnsson, Hatcher, Rathje, Pitkanen, Desjardins, then Seidenberg. Therien will be number 7, slash zamboni driver.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:55 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:

Speaking of Seidenberg, did he get buried by all that bulk Clarke signed? I like what little I've seen of him.
Seids was caught beneath the landslide last NHL season, played well on the phantoms...all I can say is if healthy he better see A LOT more time then therien...

Old
08-04-2005, 11:56 PM
mercury

Quote:

btw, Rathje is a fine defender for those who haven't seen him much. He's big, but a very smart player. Excellent signing although the 5 years was a bit much (probably the price paid to get him I'd expect).
Seids is going to be on the 3rd pairing with Desjardins, most likely. If they think he should sit, Therien will take his place. Everyone seems to think that Seids is the #6, and that Therien will time away from him. I am sure Hitch wants to have a veteran #7 in case Seids struggles, but I think he also wants to spell Desjardins sometimes, to keep him fresh.

Old
08-04-2005, 11:58 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Seids is going to be on the 3rd pairing with Desjardins, most likely. If they think he should sit, Therien will take his place. Everyone seems to think that Seids is the #6, and that Therien will time away from him. I am sure Hitch wants to have a veteran #7 in case Seids struggles, but I think he also wants to spell Desjardins sometimes, to keep him fresh.
According to the Daily News Hitch wants to use

Johnsson - Desjardins
Hatcher - Pitkanen/ Seidenberg
Rathje - Pitkanen/ Seidenberg

Therien (who says he accepts whatever role the Fyers give him this season)

Old
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
flyercide

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
This impossible because Handzus has twice the value Marty Reasoner does and Marty Reasoner sucks.

you close the trade rumor trade but you dont close this one? we would get hosed if this trade went through... theres better ways to clear cap space than trading solid 2 way center. they better have thrown in hemsky too!!

Old
08-05-2005, 12:01 AM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyercide
you close the trade rumor trade but you dont close this one? we would get hosed if this trade went through... theres better ways to clear cap space than trading solid 2 way center. they better have thrown in hemsky too!!
Hitchcock would LOVE Hemsky

Old
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
hockeyjunky

Sounds like a bunch of BS. Why would the Flyers make this move??? It doesn't make our team better or save us enough money to sign anyone else.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
According to the Daily News Hitch wants to use

Johnsson - Desjardins
Hatcher - Pitkanen/ Seidenberg
Rathje - Pitkanen/ Seidenberg

Therien (who says he accepts whatever role the Fyers give him this season)
Johnsson-Desjardins? Really? Hmm. I wonder which number pairing that is supposed to be.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Gagne2433

Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
How much is a guy like Dvorak making?

Just curious because I think he would be a nice fit in this deal. Both are pretty much the same age and put up similar point totals last year. Gives the Oilers the center they need and the Flyers the line #1 or #2 winger.

But, who knows, who cares.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:09 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyercide

i'm getting there

Closed Thread