HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Barker ready?

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 05:10 AM
TK79

vCash: 500
Is Barker ready?

Is Cam Barker ready to play for the Hawks next season and if so what kind of production can we expect?

Old
08-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79
Is Cam Barker ready to play for the Hawks next season and if so what kind of production can we expect?

Hawks have him slated for another year of Juniors. Unless he absolutely WOWs in camp. Seabrook is expected to be ahead of him at this point for that spot as are some of ou AHL dmen from last year (D.Keith, Barinka, Wisniewski)

Old
08-05-2005, 07:21 AM
DuklaNation

I agree. He needs 1 more year of junior. Remember he missed a chunk of last season.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:23 PM
buckyhockey8

with as much depth as we have in blueline prospects there is no need to rush him to the pros.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Teemu

We have too many other options to consider bringing him up right now. I'm still looking for the hawks to add another #4/#5 dman.

Old
08-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Trust me, Barker needs at least another year before making the jump.

Old
08-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

He was just dominant in the games I saw this year though (living in a WHL city). Looked like he was playing against children half the time.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
hawksfan50

1. He needs another year in the WHL and the experience of leading Canada at the World Jr. Championships (U-20)...

2. More importantly--the Hawks signed Spacek as a stop-gap;they do not want to spend the rookie max. to sign Barker this year--they do not want the clock ticking off on his contract unless he is ready to make the club--ie. next year...

Old
08-17-2005, 04:31 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike
He was just dominant in the games I saw this year though (living in a WHL city). Looked like he was playing against children half the time.
.....And the other half of the time he was not noticed. He needs the time in the WHL, I would like to see him play under Sutter in Red Deer just so he is kept in line a little better. But when he is on, this guy is good, really, really good. Skill wise he has got enough to play in the NHL, but his head is not ready.

Old
08-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

A lot of people's heads are in strange places at that age. Barker may not be ready this year, or even for the next three years, but he's definately someone who could play a huge part of the Hawks' future.

Old
08-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Evgeny Oliker

NHL point predictions anyone? in his best season,can he get to 50 points? how about how many pims/?

thanks!

Old
08-26-2005, 10:09 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

I don't think he is... physically he is NHL ready, but mentally, not so sure.

Old
08-27-2005, 04:44 PM
PrimeMinister

I live in Medicine Hat and watched a few tigers games. I dont know if hes ready for the nhl but he definitely doesnt belong in the WHL any more. Through most of the season he had a point or more every single game, hes good defensively, pretty big, doesnt back down and is a good PP QB. Hell either tear up the AHL or make the NHL. Not even being biassed he is WAY better than Seabrook for at least all the tiger/hurrican games i saw.

Old
09-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeMinister
I live in Medicine Hat and watched a few tigers games. I dont know if hes ready for the nhl but he definitely doesnt belong in the WHL any more. Through most of the season he had a point or more every single game, hes good defensively, pretty big, doesnt back down and is a good PP QB. Hell either tear up the AHL or make the NHL. Not even being biassed he is WAY better than Seabrook for at least all the tiger/hurrican games i saw.
Barker doesn't try.

I don't know what games you were watching but I was at every Tigers game in Medicine Hat and just about everyone in Lethbridge, Red Deer and Swift. Barker needs to learn that hockey's a team sport, not just a sport about him.

NO ONE cares that he is "Cam Barker, third overall draft pick."

He needs to learn to SHOOT THE PUCK and not wait for Russell to bail his lazy arse out.

Old
09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl
Barker doesn't try.

I don't know what games you were watching but I was at every Tigers game in Medicine Hat and just about everyone in Lethbridge, Red Deer and Swift. Barker needs to learn that hockey's a team sport, not just a sport about him.

NO ONE cares that he is "Cam Barker, third overall draft pick."

He needs to learn to SHOOT THE PUCK and not wait for Russell to bail his lazy arse out.
Amen and pass the fish!! Couldn't have said it better. That said, it is probably very likely that Barker is back with the Tiger's for one more season. Ti-girl...would you rather seem him stay with us (Tigers) or should we move him for picks and young players? We could use a few more young studs in our prospect bin don't you think. I am not sure we will be able to ice a "champion" team this year...I think it might be a bit of a rebuild year for us....thoughts???

Old
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Ti-girl

Well seeing as we're missing our top two defensemen from last year (Blanshan and Marr) as well as our top line (MacArthur, Meyer and Lukin) I'd hang onto Barker and keep the high energy playing with some of the guys. But we need to draft better.

There is NO hope in HELL that Kurtis Decker will be playing WHL. Come on, use our Euro picks already.

Old
09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Hawkalyzer

He's not going to make the big club at the start of the season. As for the rest of the year...well, it depends on how good the hawks are.

Old
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
1 more year of Junior is probably best for him.

at the World Juniors he'll probably be Canada's #1 defenseman and will be a leader there.

should be good for his development.

Old
09-15-2005, 05:24 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
From what I have read--it looks like both Seabrook and Babchuck will be in and out of the line up--having a 3rd rookie is suicidal

Old
09-15-2005, 11:12 AM
GaryU

Actually, Sharkie, old-boy...From what I've seen at camp, more likely that Seabrook & Duncan Keith will be spending big time with the Hawks. After watching Babchuk's endless passes across his own goal & dropping the puck at the side of the net, & being less physical than someone his size should, I'd say he'll start the year (& perhaps finish it) in Norfolk.
That being said, Barker has been paired with Aucoin..

Old
09-18-2005, 06:43 AM
PRB

Didn't he score a couple of points last night? Maybe he is looking ready.

Old
09-18-2005, 10:35 AM
GaryU

1g & 1a last nite for Barker. Of course you can't tell much by 1 game. Especially 1 with 28 (!) penalties (17 by Chi).

Closed Thread