HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Eugenie Bouchard Discussion Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2014, 11:05 AM
  #101
Dorian2
Positional Bias.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,407
vCash: 99
Too bad for Bouchard. I thought she was pretty impressive even in losing.

She is making quite a name for herself.

Looks like experience won out.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 06:04 PM
  #102
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,431
vCash: 50
Good for Bouchard for going as far as she did in consecutive Grand Slams.

Today was a perfect example of a lack of experience.
Bright future though...she has all the ingredients of a top 10 player for years to come.
No where to go but up for this fierce competitor.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 09:48 AM
  #103
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,097
vCash: 500
Bump, both Milos and Gigi (I think that's what they call her now) off to the 4th round, Bouchard avoids Williams because she whined about choking. And Milos look ridiculous in his match.

Great Wimbledon for Canada.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 09:29 AM
  #104
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,097
vCash: 500
Bouchard is a beast, great match today. Watching her and her ability already, to think she'll even get better.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:17 AM
  #105
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
She's no beast. She's a beauty. Take that either way you want.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:25 AM
  #106
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,534
vCash: 50
everytime she plays there should be an update on what she is wearing, preferably a pic, some people here, myself included, are tennis fashion aficionados and like to get and idea of what the athletes are wearing

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:30 AM
  #107
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%
 
5 14 6 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
everytime she plays there should be an update on what she is wearing, preferably a pic, some people here, myself included, are tennis fashion aficionados and like to get and idea of what the athletes are wearing

5 14 6 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 01:32 PM
  #108
IV XIV XCI
Registered User
 
IV XIV XCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Van
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
This chick has the tools and the mental ferocity to bring a grand slam title to Canada. I believe it.

good timing too as parody in the women's game is at an all time high

IV XIV XCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 01:47 PM
  #109
Oilwings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 604 Area
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Bouchard did win the Junior Wimbledon title 2 yrs ago. That was when I started to follow her.

Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 02:02 PM
  #110
Replacement
Checked out
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Tennis is a great sport when it is played with an exciting style.

Pete Sampras, by all accounts an incredibly good guy, played such a boring style of play in the 90s it sort of turned me off the game for the decade.

I'd say Borg/McEnroe/Connors/Lendl in the late 70s early 80s match Federer/Djokovic/Nadal/Murray.

The patriot in me is cheering for Bouchard.
lol. Similarly I despised the Sampras-Courier dead tennis era and completely lost interest in watching the sport after that. No doubt that tennis played today is easier on the eyes.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 07:08 AM
  #111
MrM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 580
vCash: 894
Anyone else need to watch Sharapova on mute because of her shrill screams every strike? She might be Genie's quarters opponent. Sharapova vs Kerber today.

MrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 07:28 AM
  #112
blueracer17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Anyone else need to watch Sharapova on mute because of her shrill screams every strike? She might be Genie's quarters opponent. Sharapova vs Kerber today.
I once heard a montage of female tennis grunters. It sounded like a porno movie (that's not a good thing). I couldn't watch Sharapova play somebody last week because they were both such loud grunters.

blueracer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 08:11 AM
  #113
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueracer17 View Post
I once heard a montage of female tennis grunters. It sounded like a porno movie (that's not a good thing). I couldn't watch Sharapova play somebody last week because they were both such loud grunters.
I don't understand your logic.

Kerber is beating Sharapova right now. Better for Eugenie as she has beaten Kerber before. Saw that match against Sharapova in the semi-finals at the French. Sharapova showed patience to pick apart Eugenie's game. I fear a rematch would be a quick win for Sharapova.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 09:10 AM
  #114
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,097
vCash: 500
These announcers made themselves look like ***holes, which those Canadians in Maple Leaf Hockey Shirts. Geez

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 09:59 AM
  #115
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,097
vCash: 500
Holy ****, Sharapova is out, Bouchard will face Angelique Kerber, I have to say that's going to help her alot.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
  #116
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Holy ****, Sharapova is out, Bouchard will face Angelique Kerber, I have to say that's going to help her alot.
That's excellent. Eugenie has a real shot at beating Kerber.

What an absolutely excellent year for her. A better year than any Canadian has had for the entirety of a career.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 10:29 AM
  #117
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
That's excellent. Eugenie has a real shot at beating Kerber.

What an absolutely excellent year for her. A better year than any Canadian has had for the entirety of a career.
And she'll still likely get better.

Raonic is looking great today too. One game to win, on serve. Another game for Milos?

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
  #118
rboomercat90
Registered User
 
rboomercat90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
That's excellent. Eugenie has a real shot at beating Kerber.

What an absolutely excellent year for her. A better year than any Canadian has had for the entirety of a career.
Bouchard crushed Kerber at the French Open last month 6-1,6-2. I think she's playing even better now than she was then.



Anybody know if there's some kind of connection between Jim Parsons and Eugenie Bouchard? He's been at her last two matches and seemed to be sitting with her people. I haven't seen him at any other matches. I didn't know he was a sports fan.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 05:23 PM
  #119
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
Bouchard crushed Kerber at the French Open last month 6-1,6-2. I think she's playing even better now than she was then.



Anybody know if there's some kind of connection between Jim Parsons and Eugenie Bouchard? He's been at her last two matches and seemed to be sitting with her people. I haven't seen him at any other matches. I didn't know he was a sports fan.
Don't know what the connection would be. He's out and has had the same partner for about a decade. Maybe he's just a tennis fan into players named after British royalty?

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 05:33 PM
  #120
rboomercat90
Registered User
 
rboomercat90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Don't know what the connection would be. He's out and has had the same partner for about a decade. Maybe he's just a tennis fan into players named after British royalty?
I know there isn't a romantic connection. I'm not sure but I suspect that was his partner he was sitting with too. Perhaps he is just a tennis fan into players named after Britsh royalty after all. I just found it curious that he was at her last two matches cheering her on and appearing to be sitting with the people in her camp. I wondered if he was just a fan or if the two of them know each other somehow. That's why I posed the question.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 05:35 PM
  #121
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
I know there isn't a romantic connection. I'm not sure but I suspect that was his partner he was sitting with too. Perhaps he is just a tennis fan into players named after Britsh royalty after all. I just found it curious that he was at her last two matches cheering her on and appearing to be sitting with the people in her camp. I wondered if he was just a fan or if the two of them know each other somehow. That's why I posed the question.
I was just being foolish.

Maybe Parsons and/or his partner are big tennis fans? She is definitely a rising star and someone worth following even for non-Canucks.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 07:06 PM
  #122
youppi2
Registered User
 
youppi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
I was just being foolish.

Maybe Parsons and/or his partner are big tennis fans? She is definitely a rising star and someone worth following even for non-Canucks.
He's just a big fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis...JmMQR2dGlkAw--

youppi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 07:25 PM
  #123
Xelebes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,445
vCash: 692
Another round for Milos!

Xelebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 07:52 PM
  #124
rboomercat90
Registered User
 
rboomercat90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by youppi2 View Post
Thanks for this, it answered my question. I figured it was something along these lines but I hadn't seen anything on line yet.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
  #125
GMofOilers
Registered User
 
GMofOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mountains
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
5 am our time she plays tomorrow

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.