HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad Feeling

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 07:05 AM
justapantherfan

vCash: 500
Bad Feeling

Ok I have had a bad feeling the last couple of days that we are going to do a trade or something stupid that none of us like. I hope I am wrong.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Acadmus

I feel a Chris Wells for Stu Barnes and Jason Woolley deal coming on...

...oh, wait...no trade could be THAT bad - that's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trade.

Maybe it'll be another trade the superstar winger for a defenseman that won't fit in the system, a defensive prospect that won't work out, and a high first round draft pick that will be wasted on a European whose skills will abandon him in the minors...that kind of trade...

At least, given the empty roster, we know it won't be a trade all your top scorers and team leaders for draft picks kind of trade.

Y'know...every Panthers GM has sucked at acquiring proven players except for Bobby Clarke. What the h-e-double hockey sticks?!!?

Old
08-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Remax

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapantherfan
Ok I have had a bad feeling the last couple of days that we are going to do a trade or something stupid that none of us like. I hope I am wrong.
I have that feeling too, I was just listening to Fan590 in Toronto and they were talking about NYR signing Messier and then trading him and Weeks to New Jersey for John Madden and then Jersey sending Messier, Weeks and Oliwa to FLA for Horton, Olez, Bouwmeester and the rights to Luongo. Iron Mike isn't serious is he?

PSYCH!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Old
08-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax
PSYCH!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAH
Jokes like that can get you lynched, you know

Old
08-05-2005, 07:40 AM
justapantherfan

Quote:
I have that feeling too, I was just listening to Fan590 in Toronto and they were talking about NYR signing Messier and then trading him and Weeks to New Jersey for John Madden and then Jersey sending Messier, Weeks and Oliwa to FLA for Horton, Olez, Bouwmeester and the rights to Luongo. Iron Mike isn't serious is he?

PSYCH!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Old
08-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Remax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Jokes like that can get you lynched, you know
But that is what the panthers need, some age and leadership. Messier would help teach guys like Horton, Olez and Bouwmeester how to be leaders and winners, Oliwa would take Hordy's place protecting the young stars like Horton, Olez and Bouwmeester, and Weeks would be a great backup for Luongo... hmmm, that doesn't really work out to well does it?

Oh *****, wait a minute, I see the problem here....

After that trade the panthers would have to strenghten up the defense since they traded away Bouwmeester, so with the money saved on Luongo they could go out and sign a strong crease clearing dman like Pavel Trnka

There we go, thats much better

Old
08-05-2005, 07:53 AM
justapantherfan

Quote:
But that is what the panthers need, some age and leadership. Messier would help teach guys like Horton, Olez and Bouwmeester how to be leaders and winners, Oliwa would take Hordy's place protecting the young stars like Horton, Olez and Bouwmeester, and Weeks would be a great backup for Luongo... hmmm, that doesn't really work out to well does it?

After that trade the panthers would have to strenghten up the defense since they traded away Bouwmeester, so with the money saved on Luongo they could go out and sign a strong crease clearing dman like Pavel Trnka

Old
08-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Optimist*

You have that feeling for no reason. Im telling you that the Panthers will never make a bad trade.
Ive said that before and ive been right since. Keenan had every chance to trade for his two favorite players Pronger and Thornton and didnt give away the future for them. Zero, nada. The doom and gloom spirits on this board said he would trade our draftpicks for players. Hasnt happened once, has it? Give it up already. Its just what i said it was. Adding experience to our group and growing thru the draft. I expect a top line winger and a top 2 defender to be added. Maybe it happens during the year. Maybe tomorrow. But it will happen. They kept the spot open for Pronger but didnt get him because the price was too high.

By the way, their ticket sales are going thru the roof. So i guess that doom and gloom isnt shared by others.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Acadmus

Quote:

After that trade the panthers would have to strenghten up the defense since they traded away Bouwmeester,teach:

No, the problem with what you said is that we wouldn't need Oliwa to protect all our young players like Horton, Olesz, and Bouwmeester because you traded all of them for Oliwa...of course, that would protect them...

We're pessimistic enough already after Keenan stayed relatively quiet while top free agents were available, Remax...stop rubbing salt in our wounds

Old
08-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Remax

Quote:
No, the problem with what you said is that we wouldn't need Oliwa to protect all our young players like Horton, Olesz, and Bouwmeester because you traded all of them for Oliwa...of course, that would protect them...

We're pessimistic enough already after Keenan stayed relatively quiet while top free agents were available, Remax...stop rubbing salt in our wounds
How about Olli for Worrell?

Old
08-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by eticket
You have that feeling for no reason. Im telling you that the Panthers will never make a bad trade.
Ive said that before and ive been right since. Keenan had every chance to trade for his two favorite players Pronger and Thornton and didnt give away the future for them. Zero, nada. The doom and gloom spirits on this board said he would trade our draftpicks for players. Hasnt happened once, has it? Give it up already. Its just what i said it was. Adding experience to our group and growing thru the draft. I expect a top line winger and a top 2 defender to be added. Maybe it happens during the year. Maybe tomorrow. But it will happen. They kept the spot open for Pronger but didnt get him because the price was too high.

By the way, their ticket sales are going thru the roof. So i guess that doom and gloom isnt shared by others.
That's where I'll throw my opinion in... You are a very optimistic person, but this post was just WAY to far out there. "...the Panthers will never make a bad trade" -- sorry eticket, but it's gonna happen. I don't care who you are (Lou Lamoriello, Pierre Lacroix, etc.), bad trades are going to happen. I don't know if you honestly believe we will never make a bad trade or not, but if you do, you seriously need to re-analyze your optimism.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Optimist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
That's where I'll throw my opinion in... You are a very optimistic person, but this post was just WAY to far out there. "...the Panthers will never make a bad trade" -- sorry eticket, but it's gonna happen. I don't care who you are (Lou Lamoriello, Pierre Lacroix, etc.), bad trades are going to happen. I don't know if you honestly believe we will never make a bad trade or not, but if you do, you seriously need to re-analyze your optimism.
In hindsight, you are right. Everyone can make bad trades looking years backwards. Im not talking about that. Im talking about the stupid trades that are stupid on their face value, as some have said. I don't believe you have seen that and I believe you never will. Thats the meaning of what i said.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Clash*

Quote:

Where's the Hank Aaron you promised? LMAO. Only a matter of time. Only a matter of time. Two weeks isn't a large enough time frame yet for Keenan. It usually takes six months to a year.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
In hindsight, you are right. Everyone can make bad trades looking years backwards. Im not talking about that. Im talking about the stupid trades that are stupid on their face value, as some have said. I don't believe you have seen that and I believe you never will. Thats the meaning of what i said.
Well, I hope that you're right on this one because it's long overdue as a Panther fan to have a GM who doesn't do this.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:42 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I had a dream last night that we traded Jokinen for Roenick.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Thunderheart

Quote:

Eticket....not so sure that the "tickets are going through the roof" I'm not ready to comeback as a season ticket holder on what I have seen....I also fear the dropping of the other shoe!

I was optimistic at first with Roberts & Newuindyk as experienced, mentors for Horton, Stewart & Weiss; but now with the higher profile UFAs pretty much picked over I do not see an addition of a true sniper/scorer...one of our biggest problem has been not having players willing to put the puck on net consistently.

Why haven't we locked up our key RFAs yet??...typical recent Panther history of trying to beat down the price. Let's wait till someone offers Luongo a fat signing offer then we will be in panic mode....
Thunderheart

Old
08-05-2005, 09:26 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:

**cue music**

Listen to what the flower people say
Aahhh-Aahhh-Aahhh-
Listen, it's getting louder every day
Listen, it's like a bolt out of the blue
Aahhh-Aahhh-Aahhh-
Listen, it could be calling now for you

Flower people walk on by
Flower people don't you cry, it's not too late
It's not too late

Listen, it's like a Mozart symphony
Listen, it's something just for you and me
Listen, to what the flower people say
Aahhh- listen
It's getting truer every day
Aahhh-Aahhh-Aahhh-

Spinal Tap ... God, I love that movie...

e-ticket, brother, whatever you're on that makes you so optimistic ... pass it over this way when you get a free moment.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
-- sorry eticket, but it's gonna happen. I don't care who you are (Lou Lamoriello, Pierre Lacroix, etc.), bad trades are going to happen.
You think eticket is Lou Lamoriello or Pierre Lacroix or etc?

What evidence do you have to support this theory?

Old
08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Optimist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns
**cue music**

Listen to what the flower people say
Aahhh-Aahhh-Aahhh-
Listen, it's getting louder every day
Listen, it's like a bolt out of the blue
Aahhh-Aahhh-Aahhh-
Listen, it could be calling now for you

Flower people walk on by
Flower people don't you cry, it's not too late
It's not too late

Listen, it's like a Mozart symphony
Listen, it's something just for you and me
Listen, to what the flower people say
Aahhh- listen
It's getting truer every day
Aahhh-Aahhh-Aahhh-

Spinal Tap ... God, I love that movie...

e-ticket, brother, whatever you're on that makes you so optimistic ... pass it over this way when you get a free moment.
Im a optomistic realist. i can see the future without being tied to the past.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Optimist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderheart
Eticket....not so sure that the "tickets are going through the roof" I'm not ready to comeback as a season ticket holder on what I have seen....I also fear the dropping of the other shoe!

I was optimistic at first with Roberts & Newuindyk as experienced, mentors for Horton, Stewart & Weiss; but now with the higher profile UFAs pretty much picked over I do not see an addition of a true sniper/scorer...one of our biggest problem has been not having players willing to put the puck on net consistently.

Why haven't we locked up our key RFAs yet??...typical recent Panther history of trying to beat down the price. Let's wait till someone offers Luongo a fat signing offer then we will be in panic mode....
Thunderheart

Tickets are going thru the roof. Thats not opinion. Revenues will be way up this year. Of course the naysayers were predicting the opposite. Just stating the facts. Do with that what you wish. Too much money in this community for the place to stay unsold out..given time.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
You think eticket is Lou Lamoriello or Pierre Lacroix or etc?

What evidence do you have to support this theory?
My theory is that he's Alan Cohen. And because we're all so nasty to him, he told Keenan not to sign anyone that could make the Panthers a playoff team just to spite us

Ratman, better choice of music to describe him than I've got...currently playing Smiths "Half a person" on Radio Nigel.com

Old
08-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Optimist*

Quote:
My theory is that he's Alan Cohen. And because we're all so nasty to him, he told Keenan not to sign anyone that could make the Panthers a playoff team just to spite us

Ratman, better choice of music to describe him than I've got...currently playing Smiths "Half a person" on Radio Nigel.com
Sorry to be such an optomist. Ive wasted enough time with you pessimists.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:48 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Im a optomistic realist. i can see the future without being tied to the past.

I want lottery numbers, then. Hit me up.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:55 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:

Good theory.

Good musical selection, but even more apropos to the direction of this conversation...read the lyrics to the Smiths "Frankly, Mr Shankly".

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/the_smith...r-shankly.html

Old
08-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Good theory.

Good musical selection, but even more apropos to the direction of this conversation...read the lyrics to the Smiths "Frankly, Mr Shankly".

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/the_smith...r-shankly.html
You're not accusing eticket of "writing bloody awful poetry" are you

Closed Thread