HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Therrien aka Trap God : Montreal Loses 5 - 1

Old
01-23-2014, 06:06 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Not just last evening, but same against Toronto -- was embarassingly beaten. Lots of "old man" moments in the last 4-5 games, where he's challenged and gets circumvented rather easily.

All of this appears to coincide with the beginning of his contractual negotiations, which reportedly began about a week or so ago. There is a lot of dirty laundry that gets typically thrown around by management as part of any negotiation strategy to gain an advantage, keep the price low, secure a more reasonable term. Stuff that agents can deal with objectively as part of the process of arriving at a deal and which agents usually filter when relaying the status of talks to their clients.

When you're both acting as agent and client, there is no buffer -- Markov acting as his own agent may be taking some of the process a little personally and maybe ... it's creeping into his game right now.

Just random speculation, since he was quite dominant not too long ago. Others might point to the 2nd half of the season syndrome, just like last year when he ran out of gas after a quality start.
Totally agree with your analysis and we have a coach who doesn't give him some days off so his slide will only continue. The good news is we have a GM that will probably give him a 3 year $12 million dollar contract instead of trading him for a tier 1 prospect plus a second round pick which I am sure we would get if we don't keep exposing him to fast top tier forwards on a nightly basis.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:11 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Hired! Welcome aboard. I would like to start by saying: Good stick, strong on pok, suppor da pok, get do da net.
I'm good at giving speeches check it:

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:12 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Quote:
Going through all these posts I have realized one thing: I would make the perfect coach. Brb sending CV.
...if you need an assistant coach to intimidate the midgets in practice, I'm 6'7, 251 lbs (got a bit fatter lately), deep Baritone voice, can yell really loud, and, from living just outside Montreal for a few years, can fake a pretty decent Francophone accent...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:13 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...if you need an assistant coach to intimidate the midgets in practice, I'm 6'7, 251 lbs (got a bit fatter lately), deep Baritone voice, can yell really loud, and, from living just outside Montreal for a few years, can fake a pretty decent Francophone accent...
'bigdaddylurch' makes so much more sense now..

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
You will do great with my 6'5 240lbs.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:18 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
'bigdaddylurch' makes so much more sense now..
...yeah...youngest daughter actually gave me the idea...and Lurch has been my nickname since I was 4...and it was my uncle that gave it to me...

Quote:
You will do great with my 6'5 240lbs.
...we'd have to start the first practice by wading through the midgets like King Kong vs Godzilla...

Last edited by BigDaddyLurch: 01-23-2014 at 06:23 PM.
BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
tous ceux qui gravitent autour du vestiaire du Canadien savent que l’entraîneur-chef entretient des relations tendues avec quelques-uns de ses joueurs.
Quote:
all those that revolve around the locker room know that Canadian head coach has tense relations with some of his players.
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/l...pleur-1.835168

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
lostriver

Quote:
Going through all these posts I have realized one thing: I would make the perfect coach. Brb sending CV.
make sure to send the french version.

lostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:37 PM
sampollock

no coach will make this team bigger
no coach will make gionta hit the net
no coach will make DD, gionta,breire,gally,beef bouillon, or any other guy 4 feet grow
no coach will make any of our Hamilton dudes, come up and be stars over night

face it this team is MB's way, and until that happens that he decides to get a top six guy that is over 4 feet and is better the all the above combined, we suck

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote