HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #52| Thu., Jan. 23, 2014| Flyers at Blue Jackets |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

vCash: 500
Well, this escalated rather quickly.

Old
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
He's not Crosby. Pretty much literally almost any player in the league aside from generational talents are going to have off games and not score. Giroux still is our best offensive talent with 46 P in 51 G despite his horrible start and that is 8 more points then the next best. He's not the problem and he pretty much never is over the whole season.

He'll have his bad games, but he's always our best offensive player over the course of a season and he's still managing near PPG despite his start and his horse **** linemates and pretty much horse **** team in general.

Baffles me how people blame him, but again I guess it just goes tot he biggest name and because he has the C. That worked out great with Richards I guess.
I never said he needs to score or anything like that but he needs to show up. Have a big hit, back check like hell and make the safe plays instead of turning the puck over to start a shorthanded 2 on 1. Again I'm not saying this cause he hasn't gotten the looks offensively or didn't win that draw I'm saying that because he's been invisible. Richards was much better in that regard but was much worse offensively obviously but he never caught flack from me about it cause he was always doing something.

I don't know maybe I just expect too much but he's gonna be making 8.25 mil for the next 8 yrs and for that I expect more effort even if we're only talking on the defensive side of the puck some games.

Old
SOTWVoracek

Why the f can't this team become more disciplined? It's embarrassing how many penalties this team takes

Old
01-23-2014, 07:54 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Pisses me off so much. Point out Giroux made a bad play, there's nothing wrong with that. Blaming him for the team's problems is ****ing annoying though. It's the same ridiculous and stupid mentality people had with Richards and Carter except Giroux is actually better then both of them and has had a far inferior team then either of them had here.
It wasn't even a lousy play. He was trying to create a quick goal with less than ten seconds on the clock. If he makes the play, we're all screaming "what a play".

Old
01-23-2014, 07:54 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
no, it was a legitimate statement. No need to get upset.
If you seriously believe he is better than Crosby, you should never be able to talk hockey ever. Blocked.

Old
01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He needs to be better. I'm not questioning his ES points or points in general. He's just too easily negated.
Well he's the only damn person the D needs to watch so it's not like he has any room to move. The D is useless, Raffl isn't a threat, Voracek won't shoot, on the PK all they need to do is focus on Giroux and there's no chance we score. He's not a big player that can muscle his way through players and it's not exactly easy to stick handle around 5 guys, so obviously he needs help, which he isn't getting.

The problem here is neither the coach or management is giving him any help at all.

Old
01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
I don't see how the goaltending is at fault at all for the last 5 games or so. Awful coverage and poor puck protection leads to a damn shooting gallery. There's only so much Mason/Emery can do.
No, but there are hundreds of times where a goalie steals points for garbage efforts by their teams, we are not getting that. Defense is garbage and goalies are not much better.

Old
01-23-2014, 07:56 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
Giroux isn't THE issue, but his play is an issue. He's no longer under the radar and he's no longer surrounded by other bonafide threats. He's undersized and not very strong and his speed isn't anything to write home about. His passing and puck skills are though, and his shot has gotten a lot better.

Great players slump. Patrick Kane's points went from 70 to 88 to 73 to 66 and now he's back up in the elite PPG players. Getzlaf and Perry went from the 90s to the 60s and then back up to PPG. It happens, but things come back around. Giroux is definitely a player we should be happy to build around and it's just some of the supporting pieces and contracts that have me shaking my head. Berube's coaching decisions lately haven't been ideal either.
Nailed it. There are glaring issues that are far more detrimental than Giroux. I can comfortably say that everyone who calls him out doesn't believe that he's at fault for this mess. But he's a component of this mess. He's a non factor for far too many games for my liking.

Again, not the root cause of all this, but to ignore his production is ignorant.

Old
MadFerIt95*

Ever since RInaldo got injured, we havent been playing well. Not saying it's because we need Rinaldo, but.....

Old
selectgt

for serious. a penalty factory that should come with its own looney toons sound effects.

Old
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I never said he needs to score or anything like that but he needs to show up. Have a big hit, back check like hell and make the safe plays instead of turning the puck over to start a shorthanded 2 on 1. Again I'm not saying this cause he hasn't gotten the looks offensively or didn't win that draw I'm saying that because he's been invisible. Richards was much better in that regard but was much worse offensively obviously but he never caught flack from me about it cause he was always doing something.

I don't know maybe I just expect too much but he's gonna be making 8.25 mil for the next 8 yrs and for that I expect more effort even if we're only talking on the defensive side of the puck some games.
You are expecting too much. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
Prongo
Beer

We are all falling apart people! PULL IT TOGETHER DAMNIT!

Old
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Maata having another stellar game, apparently.
Philly baby, why draft by our biggest need when there is a CEnter available to pick.

Old
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTWVoracek View Post
Why the f can't this team become more disciplined? It's embarrassing how many penalties this team takes
I don't know. Part of it comes from getting outworked when getting cycled on. The another part seems to come from playing overly aggressive (Hartnell). Some comes from mental lapses (too many men).

It has been an ugly year. Hard to win when the opposing team spends 1/6th of the game on the PP.

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
He absolutely needs to be better. But don't call him out or your will get flamed.

Loses a massive faceoff and makes a stupid pass. But don't you dare mention his name
You're not "getting flamed" for calling out Giroux, people are pointing out why you're wrong for saying stupid things. You're just not capable of connecting the dots.

Old
01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
You are expecting too much. Nothing more, nothing less.
Asking our 8 mil captain to back check or do something outside of the offensive zone is too much. Good to know.

Old
Qyburn

What Schenn was thinking

Old
bennysflyers16

We take penalties because we Re one of the slowest teams in the NHL. Slow teams take penalties.

Pass fest coming on the Peco.

Old
01-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

I wonder how Malkin gets treated when Couturier is making him fumble all over the ice. Not that the situations are comparable. They aren't.

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
There's literally two people that complained about him in general & few that just pointed he had a rough sequence at the end of there. You guys are going overboard just as much as the ones you's are calling out.
Look at the PGT from last game and you'll understand.

Old
RespectTheGhost
Couts=0 offense

Simmonds looked extremely weird right there

Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
There's literally two people that complained about him in general & few that just pointed he had a rough sequence at the end of there. You guys are going overboard just as much as the ones you's are calling out.
I'm not just referring to this game and last game.

In our 1-9 start there were stories coming up about his captaincy and people were talking about his effort and captaincy after 10 or so games. It was eerily similar to the talk that got talked about Richards while he was here.

Pretty much the entirety of my existence as a hardcore fan fans have gone after the biggest name and/or Captain when things go south even if they don't deserve it. It's annoying and disgusting really.

Old
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
If you seriously believe he is better than Crosby, you should never be able to talk hockey ever. Blocked.

Old
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
The most disgusting thing is that our GM and our coach think that big, slow Dman with no offensive ability is the way to win now. The fact we have a young guy that may be able. Move the puck doesn't play. The coach thinks that Schenn Mezz is a NHL pairing , Downie who can't skate and is barely a 4th liner on this garbage team deserves PP time.

I do not think you could take the cap dollars on our Defense and assemble a worse group of D men.

Retire Holmer you ****ing loser, cause the senile owner will never fire you.

We're not in practice so we really don't know who the best options our. Maybe Gus hasn't proven himself in practice. Maybe he figured Downie could be a net-front presence on the 2nd unit. A lot of coaching is trial an error.

Old
bennysflyers16

Harts you ****ing buffoon. Wow

Closed Thread