HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Stewart

Old
01-25-2014, 11:34 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
I didn't think either were great fits, but Perron showed way more potential for making it work here. He should've stayed for another chance and Stewart should've left.

If we get our top 6 center prospect with Edmonton's pick, I'm not going to complain much. Hell, we could easily trade up, and get a mid 1st.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Fred Brathwaite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
What you (and probably a fair amount Blues fans) are forgetting is that Stewart led the team in both points and goals last season. As far as the stat sheet is concerned, he was our most potent forward.

For grins, Berglund only trailed Stewart by one goal. Perron was a distant third in goals, but was tied for fourth in points with Berglund.

Edit: Financials were probably secondary in the decision.
I may be in the minority, but I would rather have Perron on this team than Stewart. Perron was signed to a good contract, still had not hit his ceiling offensively, was defensively responsible and looked like he gave a damn out there.

The only thing(s) people have against Perron is that he took stupid penalties (which he did) and that he wasnt a good locker room guy (or didnt fit in with the rest of the team).

Its too late now but im afraid what kind of money we will be giving Stewart based on what he is supposed to be, an offensive threat. It is also frustrating that we give him every chance to succeed.. I just want a consistent effort from the guy.

Fred Brathwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brathwaite View Post
I may be in the minority, but I would rather have Perron on this team than Stewart. Perron was signed to a good contract, still had not hit his ceiling offensively, was defensively responsible and looked like he gave a damn out there.

The only thing(s) people have against Perron is that he took stupid penalties (which he did) and that he wasnt a good locker room guy (or didnt fit in with the rest of the team).

Its too late now but im afraid what kind of money we will be giving Stewart based on what he is supposed to be, an offensive threat. It is also frustrating that we give him every chance to succeed.. I just want a consistent effort from the guy.
I would also have preferred they'd have kept Perron over Stewart. But Stewart was the team leader in both goals and points scored, scoring goals at a 30 + clip. It would have been a calculated risk to let him go. We didn't know that Schwartz, Tarasenko, Steen and Oshie would all have break out seasons, and that Backes would return to his top form.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 01:44 PM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
The reason that we'd prefer to have kept Perron is the same reason Stewart hasn't been traded...He's not worth a whole lot. You can't trade someone that no one wants.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
The reason that we'd prefer to have kept Perron is the same reason Stewart hasn't been traded...He's not worth a whole lot. You can't trade someone that no one wants.
At this point is take a 3rd for him. He makes the team worse just by being on it. It's addition by subtraction.

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 02:05 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Stewart better sit next game.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:16 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
There have been hints in the interviews, but I have to believe there were off-ice issues that contributed to Perron being the guy that got traded. I don't want to make up some narrative, but I believe the locker room interaction with Perron was part of the story.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Celtic Note
Retro Shanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
There have been hints in the interviews, but I have to believe there were off-ice issues that contributed to Perron being the guy that got traded. I don't want to make up some narrative, but I believe the locker room interaction with Perron was part of the story.
I believe that to be the case too.

I was all for moving Perron, but the return was not terribly helpful. We added wing depth, when depth on wing was the last thing we needed. We didn't address a team need.

If we get the same kind of return for Stewart then I will have lost the ability to see what Army is trying to accomplish. Granted trading Stewart will probably be a net plus baring a terrible return.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Bluesman91

5:30 of ice time tonight. Get this bum out of here.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I believe that to be the case too.

I was all for moving Perron, but the return was not terribly helpful. We added wing depth, when depth on wing was the last thing we needed. We didn't address a team need.

If we get the same kind of return for Stewart then I will have lost the ability to see what Army is trying to accomplish. Granted trading Stewart will probably be a net plus baring a terrible return.
Armstrong should have been putting out feelers during Stewart's hot streak, and traded him off just after he reached peak value scoring his 16th goal, when on a pace for 32 goals for the season.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:37 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Does Stewart make it to the Olympic roster freeze? The trade deadline? Or is he moved in the summer?

Old
01-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Does Stewart make it to the Olympic roster freeze? The trade deadline? Or is he moved in the summer?
I'd bet moved in summer is the more likely. But, I think there is less than 20% chance he'll be with The Blues in October. Same for Roy, and one of Halak or Elliott.

Old
01-25-2014, 05:32 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

After the past few games, I am done with this guy. I usually do not advocate trading guys after a stretch of bad games as some fans do but he provides NOTHING. He was on the ice for 2 of the goals against in 5:10 of icetime. The one where he missed the pass at center was exactly why there is no place for him here.

As far as I am concerned, PRV and Jaskin can play his spot for the rest of the year. Lets move him+ and get an upgrade or just move him for futures.

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 05:40 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Ship him to Edmonton. He'll be in the KHL within 3 years

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:10 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
5:30 of ice time tonight. Get this bum out of here.
Did he even play a shift in the 3rd period? I thought he got benched, but don't recall the broadcast crew mentioning it.

I'd wager he's a healthy scratch next game. Roy deserves to play, and his line had some dangerous chances consistently.

Its nice to have enough depth that there is competition at every position.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:16 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Yeah, is there a site that breaks down ice time per period.

Old
01-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Stewart's value is probably really low right now, but despite that I'd still ship him for the best possible deal. I'm tired of his lackadaisical play and clearly Hitch is beginning to feel the same way.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yeah, is there a site that breaks down ice time per period.
I remember checking after the 2nd and Stewart had played I believe 4:16.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:19 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

At this point, we really do need to cut our loses. He isn't going to improve here and he's only going to be a liability in important games.

But, he fights...

Old
01-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

When was his last fight?

Ryan Reaves is a better hockey player than Chris Stewart right now.

He's useless. He adds nothing to the team. He doesn't skate hard, backchecking or on the offense. He is a liability in every zone, he doesn't use a size to his advantage at all. If he used his size to his advantage, he's make an impact in the game but he doesn't even do that. He's a waste of a roster spot. Honestly at this point I would take a bag a pucks for him just to get him off the team, it'd be addition by subtraction.

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:34 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

I know I was being sarcastic to the people who says we couldn't trade him before because we need him to fight for us.

Old
01-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Did he even play a shift in the 3rd period? I thought he got benched, but don't recall the broadcast crew mentioning it.

I'd wager he's a healthy scratch next game. Roy deserves to play, and his line had some dangerous chances consistently.

Its nice to have enough depth that there is competition at every position.
Think he had 1 or 2 shifts in the 2nd and got benched after the Martin goal.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 07:15 PM
STL BLUES

I'm not for giving away a player!

I agree he doesn't fit within our team systems and isn't showing good hockey sense. His play hasn't always been as poor as it is now. Some NHL team will take a chance if the potential upside is there.

I'd send him down to the Wolves for some reprogramming and hope he restarts his career so we can get some decent trade value out of him.

There's no way I'd keep him on the bench.

STL BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 07:28 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL BLUES View Post

I agree he doesn't fit within our team systems and isn't showing good hockey sense. His play hasn't always been as poor as it is now. Some NHL team will take a chance if the potential upside is there.

I'd send him down to the Wolves for some reprogramming and hope he restarts his career so we can get some decent trade value out of him.

How are you simultaneously not for giving away a player and for waiving that player?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Novacain

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL BLUES View Post

If you send him down, someone will claim him, and we lose him for nothing.

Either trade him, bench him, or play him. I say trade him.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote