Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

GET-ligaen

Old
01-31-2014, 02:03 PM
GalchenyukSting*

vCash: 500
GET-ligaen

What semi- pro league would you compare it to? Is the hockey good, or bad?

GalchenyukSting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
QnebO

This kinda OT but I'll put in the same topic.

There is rumours for Norwegian KHL team for next season.. How likely is that?

It would probably have to be Norwegian national team+nordic players to get some interest from local fans, right?

I would find it easy to believe that Finnish players would like to join team like that way more than to Russian teams.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
This kinda OT but I'll put in the same topic.

It would probably have to be Norwegian national team+nordic players to get some interest from local fans, right?

I would find it easy to believe that Finnish players would like to join team like that way more than to Russian teams.

probaly some swedes on the team..

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 08:19 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post

It seems very likely, like 60-70 percent possibility. I think it would be local players + bunch of North Americans, similar model to Dinamo Riga. Swedes and Finns who can make an impact at the KHL level are really expensive, I doubt this team could afford them. And there's no point in wasting a roster spot for a non-impact Finn when you can just give it to some local lad.

02-02-2014, 08:31 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalchenyukSting View Post
What semi- pro league would you compare it to? Is the hockey good, or bad?
It's more complicated than that. The difference between top and bottom teams in those small European minor leagues (Denmark, Norway, Belarus) is huge. So regarding GET-ligaen, I think (and there's plenty of evidence to support it) Stavanger or Valerenga would be competitive in the DEL but team like Tonsberg would play in Germany's third division.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 10:47 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
probaly some swedes on the team..
Obviously.. more than finns.

They must have some big sponsor to start.. but this could really boost Norwegian hockey if done right. It's not cheap league, you basicly have to go to all away games by plane ect.. And you need really solid players. I don't see how it can happend via pure profit in Norway in the first years. The people should suddenly start to care about hockey. Or do you think they can get the arena full? KHL teams get to sell their TV broadcasting rights themself, or can base their own channel's.. but in Norway, that helps less than it does in Finland, if I'm correct, as people don't watch hockey that much.

They might later, after few years actually become profitable if they played it well.

Last edited by QnebO: 02-02-2014 at 11:06 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 08:34 PM
robwangjing

Regarding the Norwegian league I think SoundAndFury is correct with his analyse. I also think that the top teams, maybe even top 4 teams, but absolutelt top 2 teams(Stavanger/Valeranga) could play in the DEL, EBEL etc. and even win those leagues.

The bottoms teams, especially the bottom 2-3 teams are are dull. They are in no chance to take a gold in the GET and should not even play there in my opinion.

I think the same applies for the Danish league, but I have never seen it in play.

And regarding the Norwegian team in KHL I think also it will/should be similar to Riga. They can use some of their best players in Europe and add some good AHL-players or even some Swede or Finn to the team. I think it could be 80% Norwegian easily. Also it could be a very good way to try out up and coming Norwegians, so they get to feel how it is to play in a really big league. I think this is good for them to experience.

robwangjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Old Norse Hockey

Vålerenga won the Norwegian GET league 2013-2014 with 103 points. Stavanger Oilers had 101 points before the last game of the regular season( before playoff), and only 2 points ahead Våleranga. So it was time for regular season final in the last round between Vålerenga and Stavanger on Tuesday evening. It was played in Jordal Amfi Oslo.

Vålerenga smashed Stavanger 7-1 in the game and won the title. Everyone thought it was going to be an evenly matched played. But Stavanger had a terrible night in Oslo.

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
Vålerenga won the Norwegian GET league 2013-2014 with 103 points. Stavanger Oilers had 101 points before the last game of the regular season( before playoff), and only 2 points ahead Våleranga. So it was time for regular season final in the last round between Vålerenga and Stavanger on Tuesday evening. It was played in Jordal Amfi Oslo.

Vålerenga smashed Stavanger 7-1 in the game and won the title. Everyone thought it was going to be an evenly matched played. But Stavanger had a terrible night in Oslo.
Seems like Morten Ask had a big hand in this, having a monster year - 15G 51A !! (most assist in the league and tied 1'st in overall points)
Also Sondre Olden as 5'th is increasing his production and should be ready to move to a bigger league?!
Little surprised though that Steffen Søberg only was second best goalie after Stavanger's Ruben Smith.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Old Norse Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Seems like Morten Ask had a big hand in this, having a monster year - 15G 51A !! (most assist in the league and tied 1'st in overall points)
Also Sondre Olden as 5'th is increasing his production and should be ready to move to a bigger league?!
Little surprised though that Steffen Søberg only was second best goalie after Stavanger's Ruben Smith.
Yes, a very good season by Ask. Olden is speeding up his productivity as well, have been some rumors about Brynäs, will see what happens. I am also surprised about Søberg, was hoping he would take a new step this season and maybe getting a chance in a foreign league. But he is still very young, so anything can happen In the feature IMO.

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote