HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Proposal Thread XIX: MacT Watches BJ's in Columbus

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2014, 11:48 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Anyone for a flier on a supercheap (4th (this year or next) for sal ret) Rene Bourque?

Old
01-25-2014, 12:09 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I can see Florida as a potential trade partner. I would actually be perfectly comfortable making a trade that saw Yakupov going to Florida and Gudbranson and Bjugstad heading to Edmonton.

I think this would be a reasonable starting point for a trade discussion. Florida has had an awful time generating offense this season.

In a shocking statistic, the Oilers don't have a single d-man over 200 lbs. Even our taller d-man are rail thin (Belov, Potter and Marincin). The others are small and/or slight (Ference, J. Schultz and Petry).

Compare that with Anaheim, LA, SJ, St. Louis, Chicago and Vancouver - who all have at least 4 guys on the back end over 200 lbs.
Not sure where you get your numbers but you might want to consider a new source

Old
01-25-2014, 12:27 PM
rockinghockey

Cam Ward I would not give anything of value for him his numbers have been on the decline every year.
Would a deal involving Yak for Gudbranson be fair for both teams.
Sign Niskanen
Trade for Dubinsky
Sign Kulemin
Sign Downie

Hall; RNH; Downie
Perron; Dubinsky; Eberle
Kulemin; Gordon; Pitlick
Smyth; Hendricks; Gadzick/ Arco
Niskanen; Gudbranson
Ference; Petry
Marinson/Klefbom; Schultz

I think this makes the team better and harder to play against

Old
01-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Cam Ward I would not give anything of value for him his numbers have been on the decline every year.
Would a deal involving Yak for Gudbranson be fair for both teams.
Sign Niskanen
Trade for Dubinsky
Sign Kulemin
Sign Downie

Hall; RNH; Downie
Perron; Dubinsky; Eberle
Kulemin; Gordon; Pitlick
Smyth; Hendricks; Gadzick/ Arco
Niskanen; Gudbranson
Ference; Petry
Marinson/Klefbom; Schultz

I think this makes the team better and harder to play against
It does sound like it's going to be a buyers market for goalies this summer so if anything, MacT should be able to get it sorted out without paying too much for it.

I'd like to Oilers to sign Brad Richards if he gets bought out. He has the experience and 'enough' size to at least allow RNH to have some easier competition once in awhile doing at 1A 1B thing.

And I'd do the Yak for Gudranson trade but I doubt the Panthers would, they seem to like their boy.

Plus in a perfect world I'd like to see Pitlick down on the 4th line and see if we can pick up someone with more experience for the 3rd line RW.

Old
01-25-2014, 01:58 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
I have a feeling Yak could go to Philly for Grossman and Simmonds.

Old
01-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Anyone for a flier on a supercheap (4th (this year or next) for sal ret) Rene Bourque?
Not without sending a contract their way. Even if it's a Joensuu or something.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:07 PM
OilerFan4Life

They're likely looking at Coburn. MacT's obsession with him is fascinating.

I mean, he'd be our #1 here easily but still....I'm scared of the cost.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Both those players would help this team immediately.

Grossman has arguably been their best d-man this year.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:28 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I think I would do that deal as it solved two problems for this team but would Phi I see it as an off season move

Old
01-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Ukgoalie

Would even consider streit and simmonds

Old
01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
t0nedeff

I can't wait for the Oilers to trade Yakupov and everyone comes to the realization that we still suck and just gifted a future 30+ goal scorer to some lucky team.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
I can't wait for the Oilers to trade Yakupov and everyone comes to the realization that we still suck and just gifted a future 30+ goal scorer to some lucky team.
Exactly.

Also, he's literally the only guy that takes shots on our powerplay. RNH sometimes, Hall sometimes. Eberle and J Schultz never ever do. If we traded him and a team used him like Washington uses Ovechkin.....holy the other teams in the NHL would just laugh at us.

I also like how the media just torches Yak, mainly because he's in a big market city. Where are the Huberdeau criticizers, for example? Yak has the 2nd most goals out of rookies from last season, only behind Gallagher, so it'd be dumb to deal him.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:51 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah he'll be the next Ovi!

Score lots of goals and... ....Ummm.... Hmm.

The kid needs to learn to play defense. Not even good defense, just defense. The kid's a statue in his own end.

Old
01-25-2014, 02:52 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
It is not that I want to trade him but this team needs to fill some holes with quality players and moving Yak can get those players

Old
01-25-2014, 03:11 PM
scoringmachine

What would it take to make the Oilers Better

As a Flames fan I come in peace. I here to give my incite on what could make the Oilers better. Most people I know are Oilers fans and so I hear quite a bit about the Oilers. Here is what I think need to happen.

1. Tell all 29 GMS that everyone is up for grab except RNH
2. Build a team around RNH as I believe in the long run he is the best player on the Oilers and future captain of the Oilers.
3. Try a see if you can get Ryan Miller if not try to sign Bryzgalov(sp?) Oilers, maybe sign Joey McDonald as backup as it look like the Flames want to part ways with him.
4. Spend some money to get quality d-men look at the free agent market. I would not mind trading Yukapov(sp?) for Mike Green and maybe a first
5. Look for centers as the second and third centers have to be able to win faceoff consistently.
6. Need a new coaching staff and prefer a coach with NHL experience.The coach who likes the defense style of hockey as I would rather win 1-0 or 2-1 games then score 4 goals and still lose the game.
7. The captain of the Oilers have to leader on and off the ice and be able to motivate the team.

That is all that I have for now. Like I said I think RNH has the best future with the Oilers.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
It is not that I want to trade him but this team needs to fill some holes with quality players and moving Yak can get those players
Not picking on you specifically, cause it's a thought of many Oiler fans...

isn't dealing Yakupov just another hole? Isn't Yakupov also a quality asset/player?

Just like dealing Hemsky, Smyth, and Gagner? Not saying I don't support moving those 3 (Gagner needs to go), it's just that we need to be filling holes without too much subtraction.

The 1st in 2014, and all of our 2015 draft picks should totally be in discussion for trade. Also, we shouldn't be losing any trades, dealing Eberle or Yakupov for someone worse because they are a better fit is not the greatest of logic. If you deal downwards, doesn't that just mean you are getting worse? "Well of course PLAYER A has grit and size that we don't have" that's lovely but they are worse players overall....it makes us worse....

Grit is easy to acquire, without trading key players. Size is tougher, but still it's all player dependent.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:13 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Get rid of upper management period.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:14 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Yeah he'll be the next Ovi!

Score lots of goals and... ....Ummm.... Hmm.

The kid needs to learn to play defense. Not even good defense, just defense. The kid's a statue in his own end.
We have defensemen who are are statues in their own end. We need to let forwards do what they are good at...scoring goals, especially guys like Yakupov, and surround him with players that minimize the impact of his defensive blunders.

He is a scorer, not a two way forward. When this organization learns that they can't teach players something they are not, they will have success.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
A complete organizational enema. Players, coaches, management, no one must be spared.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:17 PM
DeathbyCheerios

Katz realizing the mess the organization is, fire everyone and start the management team from scratch and let them decide what to do. It may be another so called rebuild but it's clear that this one is going no where.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
They're likely looking at Coburn. MacT's obsession with him is fascinating.

I mean, he'd be our #1 here easily but still....I'm scared of the cost.
I like Coburn, quite a bit actually, but I don't think Philly trades him now. They are in the middle of a playoff push, and he's playing pretty great.

In the offseason, they have Meszaros and Timmonen coming off the books. I don't they'll need the cap space.

I'd love to grab him. Him and say Mike Green from Washington and I think we'd have our new top-pairing.

Still, not sure Philly would move him.

01-25-2014, 03:29 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
I can't wait for the Oilers to trade Yakupov and everyone comes to the realization that we are moderately improved and just gifted a future Green Jacket winner who is sitting at -32 on the season to some lucky team.
Fixed

Old
01-25-2014, 03:38 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
Gagner for Brouwer swap should help both clubs...
Don't know how this trade didn't happen "yesterday"

AUTOMATIC deal, at both ends, Caps have budding star Wilson ready to step into Brouwer's minutes.

Old
01-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post

AUTOMATIC deal, at both ends, Caps have budding star Wilson ready to step into Brouwer's minutes.
I'd make that trade but I don't see why the Caps would.

Sure they have Wilson coming up so Brouwer becomes expendable, but why would they want Gagner?

Regarding Yakupov: the only reason I include him as possible trade bait is because of what's gone on with his ice time etc. and he's probably the one chip that I could part with that might actually bring something back.

Yes he'll probably go on the score several goals but if he can somehow be traded for a top pairing defender with years left before free agency then I'd take it.

Old
01-25-2014, 04:00 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post

Except for the fact that Browuer is a LW and Wilson a RW..

They're not dealing Brouwer. Now Laich? There is a guy you can probably get for Gagner

Closed Thread