HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Changes

Old
02-01-2014, 07:59 PM
TopT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Over the last 100 games, how many power play goals does #11 have?
Well he is the top PP scorer this seasons, so the point is what ?

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I believe that this team is full of talent and any holes we have, with the exception of one spot in the middle of the d corps, are due to guys not playing as well as they should.

Although if the opportune trade may help, like bringing in a Girardi, I think the Kings problems are all mental (coaching, on ice leadership, guys not going to the net, etc.). Thus a psychological tuning is what's in order.

I think Brown should be stripped of the captaincy and we should also take the A away from Greene too, but not as punishment in his case. Kopi should keep his A, he's kept his play up. I'd give the captaincy to Jeff Carter in the interim and give an A to Drew Doughty. Want to change up the team's focus to be more offensive? Give the C to the guy who has consistently gone to the scoring areas. I also give the A to DD because I think it may help him turn it up a notch...he's the real leader on defense anyway and if he picks it up even more, it could really change the fortunes of this team.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
None of that would create any response. Those type of guys get traded all the time.

Assistant Coaches get fired like clockwork.

I'd trade Richards , that tells the room enough is enough.
I'd be ok with that. My sister and I have a running It's a Wonderful Life type joke with Richards in shootouts. Every time Richards is in the shootout she laughs cuz she knows somewhere I'm screaming "Nooo!" at the tv. He's a fine player but he just seems to struggle there so I don't see why they keep putting him in shootouts. Not that that's all that matters but he seems to be struggling everywhere.

I'd be bummed if they got rid of Kopitar though.

Last edited by Chain: 02-02-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Kopitar will never be traded. You don't trade number one centers. The definition of untouchable.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 09:55 PM
ADifferentTim
Knowledgeable & Pure

vCash: 50
If major changes mean blowing up the current team chemistry instead of fixing it, then let's kiss and say a threepeat this decade goodbye.

ADifferentTim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADifferentTim View Post
If major changes mean blowing up the current team chemistry instead of fixing it, then let's kiss and say a threepeat this decade goodbye.
Threepeat? I think we're jumping waaaaay ahead of ourselves.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
thefatjesus*

Milan Michalek for D.King?

thefatjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 10:21 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatjesus View Post
Milan Michalek for D.King?
Nope.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 11:53 AM
theMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
I'd be ok with that. My sister and I have a running It's a Wonderful Life type joke with Richards in shootouts. Every time Richards is in the shootout she laughs cuz she knows somewhere I'm screaming "Nooo!" at the tv. He's a fine player but he just seems to struggle there so I don't see why they keep putting him in shootouts. Not that that's all that matters but he seems to be struggling everywhere.

I'd be bummed if they got rid of Kopitar though.
Dean Lombardi will not trade Mike Richards

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 01:30 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzinga View Post
Can see Lombardi being super interested in Callahan. Shame he doesn't have what we need
i think his contract demands are a deal killer. He's def not going to be signed for more than brown, so if he's going to UFA, i don't see lombardi shelling picks for a rental.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
razzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
Dean Lombardi will not trade Mike Richards
I agree unfortunately! Richards has been horrible all year: lost half of his speed, gives the puck away almost every time he touches it, mans the PP but really brings nothing offensively, too slow to backcheck, too small to match up against the big centers in the West, always shoots and misses the net. DL needs to move him soon while there are still buyers, if he doesn't I think it's gonna get worse!!

razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Luuuc20

Anyone still in favor of "major changes"

Luuuc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:24 PM
eleventy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuc20 View Post
The addition of Gaborik has been a pretty major change haha

eleventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Gaborik was the key. It allowed Sutter to finally change the lines toward offense and solidify them. He also increased the speed of our offense dramatically, by himself and the lines he helped create.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Bandit

Can we stop bumping these threads and laughing about it until we've actually, you know, won?

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quattro

lol @ the bumpfest

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Gaborik was the key. It allowed Sutter to finally change the lines toward offense and solidify them. He also increased the speed of our offense dramatically, by himself and the lines he helped create.
Gaborik was the key.

The Kings lose in round 1 without Gaborik. He will go down as one of the most important acquisitions in franchise history.

Edit: Also have to mention Toffoli and Pearson getting a chance in scoring roles and Carter finally being moved full time to C, lets not forget the Kings started the year with Matt Frattin and Mike Richards in scoring roles. The infusion of speed and skill into the lineup was the key reason for the team being where they are today. As great as the 2012 team was, I really don't think they would have been able to run the gauntlet of teams that this years squad did, just not enough speed and skill.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuc20 View Post
Nope. The major change we made in picking up Gabby was enough for me.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Model62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Gaborik, plus Father Time gave Lombardi some cap relief so Pearson and Toffoli could stick with the club full time.

Agree with others that bumping these old posts is kinda jinxy and kinda hindsighty and mean.

Model62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:36 PM
cyclones22

It's okay to make fun of ourselves once in awhile!

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:41 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
It's okay to make fun of ourselves once in awhile!
I think it's the confusion that frustrates people, like when someone bumps an old trade or signing thread, making it look new.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:42 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Gaborik was the key.

The Kings lose in round 1 without Gaborik. He will go down as one of the most important acquisitions in franchise history.

Edit: Also have to mention Toffoli and Pearson getting a chance in scoring roles and Carter finally being moved full time to C, lets not forget the Kings started the year with Matt Frattin and Mike Richards in scoring roles. The infusion of speed and skill into the lineup was the key reason for the team being where they are today. As great as the 2012 team was, I really don't think they would have been able to run the gauntlet of teams that this years squad did, just not enough speed and skill.
Agree wholeheartedly. This is the most dynamic and talented group of forwards the Kings have ever had. It's a privilege to be a fan right now and witness this. Pearson/Toffoli/Gaborik add an element of speed to a team that was clearly lacking in that department.

The scary thing: I think this team can get even BETTER going forward. If some of our defensive prospects work there way into the lineup and the younger guys keep developing, there are more bright days ahead.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:42 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Can we stop bumping these threads and laughing about it until we've actually, you know, won?
Post cup it'd get buried. It's just a chance to have a look back and laugh, no one's trying to jinx anything. Even if we lose this series somehow, we made it to game seven of the cup finals and lost, that's still extremely impressive. What's wrong with having a laugh at our 'armchair GMing' skills, or lack thereof.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Post cup it'd get buried. It's just a chance to have a look back and laugh, no one's trying to jinx anything. Even if we lose this series somehow, we made it to game seven of the cup finals and lost, that's still extremely impressive. What's wrong with having a laugh at our 'armchair GMing' skills, or lack thereof.
I always like reading the bump threads. It's at least interesting and at best fun and possibly insightful.

I said we looked mentally fatigued as a team when we were down 0-3 to the Sharks and I would say now that we have been anything but mentally fatigued ever since. This team plays for each other with absolute certainty.

Fun to see where we were at during the process.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Seriously though, my OP (at the time) wasn't as drastic as others. Some people wanted Sutter fired, Quick traded, and other ridiculous things.

Quote:
"I'll start with Stoll, Regehr, Clifford, and Muzzin.

Muzzin and Stoll to Edmonton.
Regehr to the Flyers.
Clifford to Montreal.

Pearson and a 1st to Buffalo for Matt Moulson.

Then I would fire Davis Payne and bring in anyone. The message isn't getting through.

That would be done in less than 30 minutes. What else?

Continue..."
Muzzin and Pearson have been fantastic.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote