HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Question about upcoming UFA's

Old
01-26-2014, 07:41 AM
Nothing Is New

vCash: 500
I think the FA market is different than it was 10-15 years ago. Lots of bucks, fewer premium FAs. Don't think DP is dumb. He would have signed premium FAs if he could have. He didn't sit down and say I would rather have four mediocre FAs rather than two good ones. He couldn't get the good ones. He got the best he could. Now you might question why get 'em at all... but thats a different question.

Nothing Is New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is New View Post
I think the FA market is different than it was 10-15 years ago. Lots of bucks, fewer premium FAs. Don't think DP is dumb. He would have signed premium FAs if he could have. He didn't sit down and say I would rather have four mediocre FAs rather than two good ones. He couldn't get the good ones. He got the best he could. Now you might question why get 'em at all... but thats a different question.
The thing is, tho, a decent GM would notice this trend and adjust accordingly. DP has been slow to do so, although he's gotten on track with it of late. That's why I remain concerned without necessarily clamoring for him to be fired immediately.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote