HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-Edmonton proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 04:28 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I disagree. Upshall is the preds no. 2 prospect if Suter isn't factored in. Hes the ideal of Predator hockey and will be great for this franchise. This being said, it will take a lot to move him....although not as much as hammer or Legwand.

I doubt Pollie deals Upshall for Rita straight up for many reasons, but I'll give you this one. Fanbase here in Nashville is beginning to cling to its draft picks. Pollie touts them around at several events and has the fans meet them and get their autographs all the time. Dealing one straight up for a prospect of equal/lesser value is not a good management decision.
That was stated quite well I guess were back to the original bones of the original anyone want to debate or add something to the trade?statements? opinions?

To Nsh:
Comrie

To Edm:
Arkhipov
Stehlik

One of the smarter Oiler posters vehemently claimed we should go for Hartnell do u value him higher than Arkhipov? and I heard Arkhipov can play all 3 forward positions is he equally proficient in all of them?

Old
10-01-2003, 04:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
That was stated quite well I guess were back to the original bones of the original anyone want to debate or add something to the trade?statements? opinions?

To Nsh:
Comrie

To Edm:
Arkhipov
Stehlik

One of the smarter Oiler posters vehemently claimed we should go for Hartnell do u value him higher than Arkhipov? and I heard Arkhipov can play all 3 forward positions is he equally proficient in all of them?
hartnell is near legwand in "untradeable" status. no way.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:55 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Agreed, to hear both Hartnell and Ray Shero (Assistant GM of Preds) talk, they are expecting a year similar to what Legwand had last year (in terms of devolopment, not necessarily points). He's poised for a great year, I don't think he's going to get traded.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:57 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
jeez u guys r such homers don't want to move any real estate around. Well u guys do have the foundations of a very good team in the future so long as u can keep signing who u need to. I do think the above trade makes u a better team and will probably make Edmonton a better team so long as those two pan-out *crosses fingers*. but, it seems like most of u just say its do-able or plausible but not that u would or want to do it what can make it better as I have asked for about the 500th time all I get is a tiny blurb/statement/critique not what u want to see or feel your team needs.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:59 PM
hunter orange

Absolutely!

Forget about the pricey prospects Nash has. Arkhipov may turn out to be a player, but Hartnell will be border line superstar. This guy's got all the tools to be the next true sought after powerforward in the league. If Lowe has the chance, he should grab him one-for-one now. Two seasons later I'm betting he'll be as valuable to Nash as Smyth is the Oil.

How about these offers?

To Nashville:
Comrie, Torres, Rita

To Edmonton:
Hartnell, Arkhipov, Stehlik

* the two teams flip centers with Nash getting one year younger and gaining much more goal scoring power

* the two teams flip LWers with Edmonton getting the definitive edge (Hartnell's power game).

* Rita levels the plain with Stehlik coming over to Edmonton. Edmonton needs more defensive prospects and Rita would get his uncontested shot at having a full time roster spot.

...I'll come back to reality now -----

Comrie ---------- for ---------- Hartnell (straight up) !!!!!

Old
10-01-2003, 05:37 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
You guys really want Hartnell or Legwand? Let's not talk expensive Comrie. Let's talk Hemsky. He'd look great on Legwands wing or opposite Hartnell this year. That way we could move Walker or Johansson to the second line with Arkhipov.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:48 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
You guys really want Hartnell or Legwand? Let's not talk expensive Comrie. Let's talk Hemsky. He'd look great on Legwands wing or opposite Hartnell this year. That way we could move Walker or Johansson to the second line with Arkhipov.
Propose something I am all ears

Old
10-01-2003, 05:51 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
haha, Sorry, but Hemskys value is easily more then Hartnell, and is very close to Legwand. He is far and away the most skilled player of the bunch. Hemsky would not go because the only way you'd get him is for a similar aged and skilled player (only three or four of them in the NHL) and that would make a deal pointless. Legwand and Hartnell haven't shown dominance like Hemsky has.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
haha, Sorry, but Hemskys value is easily more then Hartnell, and is very close to Legwand. He is far and away the most skilled player of the bunch. Hemsky would not go because the only way you'd get him is for a similar aged and skilled player (only three or four of them in the NHL) and that would make a deal pointless. Legwand and Hartnell haven't shown dominance like Hemsky has.
would you like a napkin? you've got some homer on your face.
6 g, 24 assists is not dominating. the assists are nice, but legwand scored 15 goals his first year, and i believe hartnell scored 12. i wouldn't trade either of them straight up for hemsky. it would take a package INCLUDING hemsky is what smokey is saying, i believe. i agree with smokey about not being too interested in comrie, though.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
dem

I wouldnt be calling too many people homers... you two nashville fans are among the biggest homers on this board. I dont think theres a person on the board (beside you two) that would take Hartnell over Hemsky.

Oh wow he scored 12 goals? That makes him more valueable? Jason Chimera scored 14... I guess hes UNTOUCHABLE!

Old
10-01-2003, 06:11 PM
TheBrew

Quote:
Hartnell would be a great addition to the oilers but he is one more concussion to becoming Lindros v2

Old
10-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
am I really reading this....

Old
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
would you like a napkin? you've got some homer on your face.
6 g, 24 assists is not dominating. the assists are nice, but legwand scored 15 goals his first year, and i believe hartnell scored 12. i wouldn't trade either of them straight up for hemsky. it would take a package INCLUDING hemsky is what smokey is saying, i believe. i agree with smokey about not being too interested in comrie, though.
hey, lets keep it civil. Hemsky did not break through till late in the year so I would not say they are overly indicative of him I think this year will be his showing and he is more of an assist guy than a goal scorer but some of the passes he makes u could just as easily have a trash can there as a player and they would go in. Legwand is a greater player than Hemsky as I would say he is more of a game-breaker and complete player, but as for Hartnell I think he has the potential to be better than Hemsky on account of his power-forward style but he has proven nothing what-so-ever yet I can see it in him but until he displays it more often I would be hard pressed to make a straight up trade with him for Hemsky(not saying I wouldn't but is very much the nail-biter). Isbister is somewhat like Hartnell u can see it in them but they don't bring it to the forefront often enough (Isbister's is far more seldom) . I would consider no Nashville player a superstar yet its all speculation on potential and what someone thinks they are capable of. I don't get why anyone would not be interested in a proven talent such as Comrie I really wish he would stay with us but I am not sure if it is a reality. U have to realize as high as Legwands potential is and as optomistic point totals u believe r in his future the fact of the matter is this Comrie put up 60pts. in his first full-season and Legwand hasn't come all that close in 4yrs.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I wouldnt be calling too many people homers... you two nashville fans are among the biggest homers on this board. I dont think theres a person on the board (beside you two) that would take Hartnell over Hemsky.

Oh wow he scored 12 goals? That makes him more valueable? Jason Chimera scored 14... I guess hes UNTOUCHABLE!

hey, you lost all credibility in record time! i gotta say...i'm impressed!

Old
10-01-2003, 06:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Hartnell would be a great addition to the oilers but he is one more concussion to becoming Lindros v2
hartnell has had one concussion. a minor concussion, at that.
so you're saying...everyone that's ever had a concussion...is lindros 2?

Old
10-01-2003, 06:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
hey, lets keep it civil. Hemsky did not break through till late in the year so I would not say they are overly indicative of him I think this year will be his showing and he is more of an assist guy than a goal scorer but some of the passes he makes u could just as easily have a trash can there as a player and they would go in. Legwand is a greater player than Hemsky as I would say he is more of a game-breaker and complete player, but as for Hartnell I think he has the potential to be better than Hemsky on account of his power-forward style but he has proven nothing what-so-ever yet I can see it in him but until he displays it more often I would be hard pressed to make a straight up trade with him for Hemsky(not saying I wouldn't but is very much the nail-biter). Isbister is somewhat like Hartnell u can see it in them but they don't bring it to the forefront often enough (Isbister's is far more seldom) . I would consider no Nashville player a superstar yet its all speculation on potential and what someone thinks they are capable of I don't get why anyone would not be interested in a proven talent such as Comrie I really wish he would stay with us but I am not sure if it is a reality. U have to realize as high as Legwands potential is and as optomistic point totals u believe r in his future the fact of the matter is this Comrie put up 60pts. in his first season and Legwand hasn't come all that close in 4yrs.
i'm not trying to anything but civil...and i didnt' attack hemsky without reason. i'm not denying that he's got loads of potential...but to say that, right now...he's more valuable than hartnell and almost as valuable as legwand...is beyond ridiculous.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
You have to know what team you are talking about. Hartnell >>>>> great to Nashville than Hemsky ever would be. Hartnell is a budding powerforward and has been absolute stellar since he went to skating school earlier this year. His grit is exactly what NA fans and mangement love. Again he is one of those players that fans adore, and it would hurt to move him. I'm not going to say he is untradeable, but I think he has high value after seeing him when he is on his game this year.

This being said....I'm not completely up to date on Edmonton prospects. I'll tell you what I know and think the value is of each player that is mentioned. ok?

Old
10-01-2003, 06:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
hartnell has had one concussion. a minor concussion, at that.
so you're saying...everyone that's ever had a concussion...is lindros 2?
exactly....

Old
10-01-2003, 06:28 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
You have to know what team you are talking about. Hartnell >>>>> great to Nashville than Hemsky ever would be. Hartnell is a budding powerforward and has been absolute stellar since he went to skating school earlier this year Smokey and NMK are definitely not the biggest homers on these boards *stares*
R u looking at me?

Old
10-01-2003, 06:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
You have to know what team you are talking about. Hartnell >>>>> great to Nashville than Hemsky ever would be. Hartnell is a budding powerforward and has been absolute stellar since he went to skating school earlier this year Smokey and NMK are definitely not the biggest homers on these boards *stares*
i'm no more of a homer than every other fan on this board. i'm probably one of the most reasonable posters, and anyone that's discussed something with me will most likely tell you that. i guess i'm a homer because i don't think the preds are going to finish in the cellar this year, though? I personally don't think the oilers are going to make the playoffs this year...and i know that you do. i guess that makes YOU just as much of a homer as i am, huh?

Old
10-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

lol you both caught me when i was editing my posts. I realized that came out really bad, and changed it quite quickly. Go back and reread it

Old
10-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
R u looking at me?
nope I was mid-editing my post when you posted this reply. reread it.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:33 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
i'm no more of a homer than every other fan on this board. i'm probably one of the most reasonable posters, and anyone that's discussed something with me will most likely tell you that. i guess i'm a homer because i don't think the preds are going to finish in the cellar this year, though? I personally don't think the oilers are going to make the playoffs this year...and i know that you do. i guess that makes YOU just as much of a homer as i am, huh?
ack... The Oilers have made in the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years I think u better let Vokoun,Hartnell, and Legwand marinate a little more before u make boasts like that. Maybe when Hamhuis and Suter have a year or two in the league u can start challenging the mighty OILERS!!

Old
10-01-2003, 06:36 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
nope I was mid-editing my post when you posted this reply. reread it.
it's cool I really don't care either way just found out how to do the mad face and wanted to try it out

Old
10-01-2003, 06:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
ack... The Oilers have made in the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years I think u better let Vokoun,Hartnell, and Legwand marinate a little more before u make boasts like that. Maybe when Hamhuis and Suter have a year or two in the league u can start challenging the mighty OILERS!!
we came awfully close last year, before injuries killed us

that's beside the point though, because i'm not so much saying that WE'RE going to take the last spot(though i don't rule it out) but i think that a lot of teams that didn't challenge last year...could..this year. phoenix, san jose, la, calgary...and even columbus and nashville...are all just as able to take that spot as edmonton.
you just never know

Closed Thread