HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-Edmonton proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
where did I say that? Legwand ya. Hartnell no.
You misread my quotes. I was asking who said Hartnel was better than Comrie, and you replied saying I did, do you have a problem with it...

lol

Old
10-02-2003, 05:29 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01
Your considering Hartnell a Powerforward? That is where we disagree. I agree he plays a power game but I always thought a power forward was supposed score more than 20-25 goals/year.(30-40 at least) Hartnell has now played 3 full years in the league and hasn't shown any resemblance to having the hands to score 30 goals.(28 goals in 232 games)(fact).

Actually, yes, Hartnell has shown the ability to score 30 goals a season. Whether he will or not remains to be seen. It's not his hands that held him back, it's his skates. Your little 28 goals in 3 season fact is quite humorous. Legwand, who's considered a legitimate goal scorer, had only 37 goals through 215 games. And Legwand had the advantage of having his first 3 seasons be at the age of 19-21 instead of 18-20. Don't be a fool and underestimate how hard it is for an 18/19 year old to play in this league. Also, the Pred are a very low scoring team. That must be factored in as well. Nothings worse than the kid who clings to one fact, no matter how irrelevant.

And why does a powerforward have to score 30-40 to be considered PF? Wouldn't that be consired an All-Star PF instead of just a PF? Powerforward is a type of game someone plays. Someone who is really physical and can still score yet plays forward. He doesn't have to lead the league in scoring to be a PF.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:30 AM
Hemsky01

I'm not sure how his goal totals are irrelevant when you are talking about goal scoring possibilities? and PF that score 15-25 goals in Edmonton are considered 3rd line players, not future stars like you make Hartnell out to be.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:00 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01
I'm not sure how his goal totals are irrelevant when you are talking about goal scoring possibilities? and PF that score 15-25 goals in Edmonton are considered 3rd line players, not future stars like you make Hartnell out to be.
Hartnell is young and it's too soon to file him under Moreau. I believe Hartnell is younger than Jani Rita, for instance. The fact that he's been in the NHL for 3 seasons and hasn't broken out doesn't mean anything when you're talking about a 21 year old. Most players Hartnell's age haven't even broken into the NHL, let alone broken out as offensive stars.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:19 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
You misread my quotes. I was asking who said Hartnel was better than Comrie, and you replied saying I did, do you have a problem with it...

lol
I thought u were infering that I should not have asked the question in that u thought it was a stupid question. Now if u phrased the question like this" Who said Hartnell is better than Comrie?" there would have been no problem the mean face threw me off.

Then u said-"u said hartnell is better than comrie and you want an explanation????"
this states that I said it but u were actually refering to my quote-"I believe that would be me. Problem?" when I thought u were yelling at me for asking the question like Comrie was not in the same league as Hartnell.

And now for why I originally asked-"K now back to the trades, could u plz give me ur explanation as to how Hartnell is better than Comrie?(insight not questioning your judgement)"

but Hunter Orange proposed a trade of Comrie for Hartnell and smokey replied with this-"You guys really want Hartnell or Legwand? Let's not talk expensive Comrie. Let's talk Hemsky. He'd look great on Legwands wing or opposite Hartnell this year. That way we could move Walker or Johansson to the second line with Arkhipov." that quote implies that Comrie is of lesser value or u would not trade straight up then I asked y u would not want to trade straight across. Which nomorekids explained and now everything is peachy...k? Understood?

Old
10-02-2003, 10:49 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Hartnell is young and it's too soon to file him under Moreau. I believe Hartnell is younger than Jani Rita, for instance. The fact that he's been in the NHL for 3 seasons and hasn't broken out doesn't mean anything when you're talking about a 21 year old. Most players Hartnell's age haven't even broken into the NHL, let alone broken out as offensive stars.
Thank you. I hate it when no one from other teams come to my defense. I appreciate it. Hartnell couldn't even legally drink in America during last season. He missed almost all of camp due to a groin strain and he didn't get into a groove until almost midseason.

And for the one of the previous gentlemen who said Hartnell was one concussion away from being Lindros #2 (really, who isn't?). I say this, Lindros was injury prone with anything, not just consussions. In his 8 year tenure with Philly, he only played more than 70 games twice (73 and 71). Hartnell has never played less than 75 games. His one serious injury came as a a result of being cheapshotted into a stanchion. I would contend that most any player in the league would have recieved a concussion in such a situation.

Closed Thread