HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim-Atlanta trade idea

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Anaheim-Atlanta trade idea

To Atlanta: Ruslan Salei, Petr Sykora

To Anaheim: Andy Sutton, Ronald Petrovicky, 2006 second rounder

Anaheim loses a top notch scorer in Sykora, and a good, hard-hitting defenseman in Salei, but they add an adequate replacement in Sutton(much cheaper too), a good agitator in Petrovicky, and what could be a decent draft pick. They also clear cap space to get under the cap, and maybe add another cheap forward.

Atlanta upgrades on defense, and adds another scoring threat in Sykora. They add a bit of salary, but they likely have the room to do so.

Flame away.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:00 PM
PapaBear*

I think ATL fans would jump on it.

Kovy-Holik-Sykora sounds pretty good to me.

But I think ANA has enough youth right now and wants to keep their pieces for another cup run.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Yes, this Atlanta fan would jump on it. It's not a bad trade since ANA might like to move Sykora, and Sutton and Petro are pretty good.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:09 PM
The Imp

vCash: 50
Yeah, as trade ideas go, this one seems pretty fair, to me.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Techbert

It's A Good Offer

Good offer. It looks at the needs of both sides, which is often lacking in these bulletin board offers.

I don't think DW would trade a 2nd, when he can get free agents to play RW.

If the pick was outside the 1st 3 rounds and Petr signed an extention I'd do it.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:16 PM
plaugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
I think ATL fans would jump on it.

Kovy-Holik-Sykora sounds pretty good to me.

But I think ANA has enough youth right now and wants to keep their pieces for another cup run.
however, based on TSN's tracker, they have 11 spaces to fill and only 6 million in cap space to spend.

Though Sykora would be a loss, his contract would also clear over 3 million off the cap. Especially if two cheap, adequate players come back from ATL.

Good proposal, and it wouldn't surprise me to see those two (Sykora and Salei) moved for a package like that.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Interesting proposal.

Never gonna happen. DW and Bob are fixated on BIG d-men (look at our recent drafting). Sutton is the biggest NHL ready d-man we have. He is mobile and has some offensive upside. Besides, Sutton is a DW project that seems to have worked out. Salei is not an upgrade. We already have too many euro d-men as it is.

Petro and the 2nd rounder sound pretty good though.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
To Atlanta: Ruslan Salei, Petr Sykora
I would like to see those two on the Pens.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
StevenintheATL

Could we perhaps take Sutton out of the trade and perhaps throw in maybe a lesser prospect that hasn't really worked out?

Old
08-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1582Straka1897
I would like to see those two on the Pens.
Me too. Both would fit our needs perfectly.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespajet
Could we perhaps take Sutton out of the trade and perhaps throw in maybe a lesser prospect that hasn't really worked out?
Lessard... j/k

Old
08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Tremonti

Last thing we (Anahiem) needs is a D man other than re-signing salei. We need a 1st or 2nd line forward, There will be a move, and it will probably be ruchin (Over paid). To be honest my brain is oatmeal right now and I have no idea how hes going to work it in. Picking back up selanne for a season might not be a bad idea at this point.

Old
08-05-2005, 04:30 PM
caliamad

Despite being close to the cap and not having many players signed, the Qulaifying offers for some guys are very small. If everyone signs the QO, ducks will be fine.

Ducks only need to trade salary to make way for a new free agent signing... until that happens, I don't see us trying to dump salary, since many of these guys (Sykora, Ruchin, Leclerc, Carney, etc.), will be UFAs next year anyways.

So unless burke pulls a trade to bring in a high salary guy or signs a high salary free agent, I don't think a trade/move is imminent.

He has said, he'd like to make the 3rd and 4th lines less "European" but he's already tarded Holmqvist for Moen and 2nd rounder for Fedoruk... Pahlson or some AHLer will anchor the 4th line, and except Kunitz to play on the 3rd with some prospects or Lecerlc, Ruchin, and/or Niedermayer.

My guess is that he may want to bring in a big forward, like Lindros, for cheap and if he does so, he'll move a smaller forward like Chistov or Sykora to make room for him...

If we did trade Salei, who I think is a good deal/fit at 1.85 million, we'd need someone to replace him...

he's not offensive dynamo, but he's a horse and very physical... if Carney goes down, he's our most dependable d-man... and is a good pairing for either Niedermayer or Ozolinsh.

Old
08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
Hercules, are you kidding?

Yes, we're a bit in trouble with the salary cap, but at worst we can trade just one between Sykora and Salei, no need to trade them both for scrubs (well, Petro is decent to say the least, but still...)

Old
08-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
Hercules, are you kidding?

Yes, we're a bit in trouble with the salary cap, but at worst we can trade just one between Sykora and Salei, no need to trade them both for scrubs (well, Petro is decent to say the least, but still...)
You think Andy Sutton is a srub? Where have you been? This is a guy who many could make a case that he's an upgrade on Salei. IMO, he's the perfect partner for Scott Niedermayer, and the fact that he'd sign for around a million is just awesome. He's a bit inconsistant, but IMO, he's a very good defenseman.

Closed Thread