HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worst....deal.....ever!!!

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Worst....deal.....ever!!!

6.75 mil per year for Bulin? 4 years??? This is a goalie who only really shows up during the playoffs, and *still* takes days off even then!

Old
08-05-2005, 03:19 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
6.75 mil per year for Bulin? 4 years??? This is a goalie who only really shows up during the playoffs, and *still* takes days off even then!
Chicago is now throwing money around like confetti.

That is way too much money for NK but, whatever. Chicago wanted him and probably had to outbid a few teams to get him.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:22 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
Are you serious!

Have you even watched the Bulin Wall play. He's a top five goaltender in this league, and just because they made the goalie pads smaller, and changed some rules.............games will still be decided by goaltenders on most nights.

Great offense is fun to watch, but every WINNER is built from the back up.

Playoffs are when you WANT your goaltender to show-up.

Great signing by Chicago.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Captain Ron

The way I am looking at these signings is that the salary pie is getting smaller. Alot of these free agents who are waiting for the best deal will end up with less. With every passing hour guys like Kariya and Palffy are watching their value drop. In a way this is good for teams like LA. Because the supply is becoming a whole lot bigger while the demand is shrinking. Eventually it come down to you take what is offered or you sit the year out. I guess they could go to Europe if they wanted to.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:31 PM
10 ft. pole

he's no Brodeur though and should not be as close to Marty in Pay (post CBA) I think 5 million would of been realistic but hell this whole offseason deal was kind of surreal anyway!

Old
08-05-2005, 03:37 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
he's no Brodeur though and should not be as close to Marty in Pay (post CBA) I think 5 million would of been realistic but hell this whole offseason deal was kind of surreal anyway!
I agree, but he is a top five goalie. You can bet that Theodore, and Turco will soon follow and demand about the same. Post season rolls around and goaltenders can make or break you!

Old
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

6.25 mil is a lot, i woulda done $5 mil easy, but unfortunately so would 96% of the league. overpaid, ya, but he is THE best goalie out there right now, so if u wana have the best, ur goin to have to shell out.

Closed Thread