HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kariya to Nashville

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2005, 03:57 PM
  #1
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kariya to Nashville

Kariya to Nashville. www.tsn.ca

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 03:58 PM
  #2
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

and the list grows shorter. The Kings could have easily made that offer to him.

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:00 PM
  #3
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Crap.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
  #4
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.
 
Greater Malison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Greater Malison
Well at least he's out of the pacific. Good for the Preds.

Greater Malison is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
  #5
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,405
vCash: 500
Kings must have made up their mind to get Palffy because we could easily have outbid Nashville.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
  #6
mysteryman
Registered User
 
mysteryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: one after 909
Country: United States
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
4.5 over 2 years.......we couldnt have matched that? Hell thats well within our cap space. If we dont resign Palffy this offseason DT gets no better then a C grade and thats being generous.

mysteryman is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
  #7
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 500
This should set a bar for Palffy. Some rumors have Palffy being offered close to the same thing last night by LA. Kings should offer Palffy 2 years at $6.5million, take it or leave it right now.

nikolai19 is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:02 PM
  #8
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Himself with "mad skills" Sullivan, are going to be pretty fun to watch. Lots of skill and speed, and they got him at a serious bargain.
Ziggy should stop being greedy, and just sign already. What a pr*ck!

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
  #9
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

The Palffy signing almost seems like a must now.

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
  #10
Game Misconduct
Registered User
 
Game Misconduct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Good. If we had signed him, I would have puked.

He's a good player for Nashville. They've got a lot of grit, but not a lot of skill.

Game Misconduct is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
  #11
willywonka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Crap is right. I would have liked to see Kariya sign with the Kings. Did you see the numbers? $4.5mm over two years. I think that's a great signing for the upside that Kariya has. He was a $10mm player just a few years ago (overpaid yes). I would like to have Palffy if we don't have to pay over $4.5 - $5mm per year for two years, but I don't see it happening. He wants a longer deal and thinks he will get paid more. If Palffy doesn't want to sign here, then move on. Look for a trade later in the season or let the young kids develop. I'm happy with the moves so far. Roenick has done more in one day promoting the Kings and hockey in LA then Palffy has done in his whole career. Just my opinion.

willywonka is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
  #12
guzmania
Registered User
 
guzmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SCV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman
4.5 over 2 years.......we couldnt have matched that? Hell thats well within our cap space. If we dont resign Palffy this offseason DT gets no better then a C grade and thats being generous.
I'm totally amazed, Demitra alone makes the off season a B. Isn't there any perspective anymore? C'mon snapout of it! KJ said it best- "ya' can't make 'em sign".

I will say that after LGK shut down the Kvetch-factor has skyrocketed around here.

guzmania is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
  #13
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
I'm sure the Kings made a comparable bid!!! Why would you choose Nashville over LA?????

Mxpunk is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
  #14
willywonka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
I'm totally amazed, Demitra alone makes the off season a B. Isn't there any perspective anymore? C'mon snapout of it! KJ said it best- "ya' can't make 'em sign".

I will say that after LGK shut down the Kvetch-factor has skyrocketed around here.

I am totally happy with the way things are going. Demitra and JR are great pickups. I just hope we don't overpay to get Ziggy back.

willywonka is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:15 PM
  #15
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonka
I just hope we don't overpay to get Ziggy back.
We will.

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:16 PM
  #16
T2M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
I'm sure the Kings made a comparable bid!!! Why would you choose Nashville over LA?????
Bigger chance to be a star and lower cost of living. He'll keep way more of that 2.5 mil in Nashville than in LA.

T2M is online now  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:16 PM
  #17
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
I'm sure the Kings made a comparable bid!!! Why would you choose Nashville over LA?????
That's why I'm thinking the Ziggy deal is done. It has to be. Why let your only other option sign for dirt cheap when you could've signed him for more? Probably, at least I think so, is because your first option (Ziggy) is all but locked up.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
  #18
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonka
I am totally happy with the way things are going. Demitra and JR are great pickups. I just hope we don't overpay to get Ziggy back.
Right now I think the Kings have the upper hand. With the crazy contracts being offered the money available to free agents is drying up. The longer Palffy waits to sign the less money he will get.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:19 PM
  #19
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,245
vCash: 500
Kings could also wait for some apples to fall off the tree so to speak. Teams close to the cap might need to trade some players (a la Roenick). Don't rule that out.

I think the Kings should move past Ziggy and look to make a deal.

If they sign ZP, fine, but I wouldn't give him more than 2 years or more than what Demitra and PK got.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:19 PM
  #20
Spaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
That's why I'm thinking the Ziggy deal is done. It has to be. Why let your only other option sign for dirt cheap when you could've signed him for more? Probably, at least I think so, is because your first option (Ziggy) is all but locked up.

I was just thinking the same thing. BUT, if Ziggy doesn't sign, I'm gonna be a lot more pissed knowing Nashville got Kariya for chump change.

Spaz is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:21 PM
  #21
Sleestak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Palffy is worth 5 million a year in this marketplace. We really need him now that Kariya is off the market.

George

Sleestak is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:21 PM
  #22
willywonka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Kings could also wait for some apples to fall off the tree so to speak. Teams close to the cap might need to trade some players (a la Roenick). Don't rule that out.

I think the Kings should move past Ziggy and look to make a deal.

If they sign ZP, fine, but I wouldn't give him more than 2 years or more than what Demitra and PK got.


agree

willywonka is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:22 PM
  #23
mysteryman
Registered User
 
mysteryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: one after 909
Country: United States
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonka
I'm happy with the moves so far. Roenick has done more in one day promoting the Kings and hockey in LA then Palffy has done in his whole career. Just my opinion.
This is actually a great point but one that backs up the fact Kariya would have been a better choice then Palffy.

Im happy with the moves DT has made but if this is the roster we start it will very frustration knowing that we passed on Kariya and couldnt land a legitimate enforcer after the last 3 seasons of being brutalized on a regular basis.

Just for once I like to see the team make an honest to god statement and not make moves via default.

mysteryman is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:22 PM
  #24
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz
I was just thinking the same thing. BUT, if Ziggy doesn't sign, I'm gonna be a lot more pissed knowing Nashville got Kariya for chump change.
So am I. I mean IF we don't sign Palffy, who is going to be available via trade for dirt cheap? Like who's going to be a salary dump ala JR?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 04:24 PM
  #25
Rmrod
Registered User
 
Rmrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lakewood, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonka
Crap is right. I would have liked to see Kariya sign with the Kings. Did you see the numbers? $4.5mm over two years. I think that's a great signing for the upside that Kariya has. He was a $10mm player just a few years ago (overpaid yes). I would like to have Palffy if we don't have to pay over $4.5 - $5mm per year for two years, but I don't see it happening. He wants a longer deal and thinks he will get paid more. If Palffy doesn't want to sign here, then move on. Look for a trade later in the season or let the young kids develop. I'm happy with the moves so far. Roenick has done more in one day promoting the Kings and hockey in LA then Palffy has done in his whole career. Just my opinion.


I agree 100 percent. I would welcome Palffy back with open arms, but only if he takes a paycut. If not, I personally think that DT should give Cammalleri or Brown a chance at the top six.
Furthermore, with that money they should go after a golie with playoff experience Curtis Joseph.

Rmrod is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.