HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan trade

View Poll Results: Would you reverse the trade?
Yes 7 6.67%
No 98 93.33%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-26-2014, 03:09 PM
rollingdux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
We can't do reverse anything until the draft AT LEAST.
I mean for all we know Ottawa could tank and finish low and we get lucky and win the lottery. We could end up with the 1st overall and get a stud player which makes the trade an easy win for us.
Or they can pull a Flyers and make the playoffs on the last day in a SO win & go all the way to the finals & that pick becomes the 29th overall..... but still no complaints with that pick.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Lol. No one has so far voted for ''Yes''

I wonder how this`d go on Sens boards

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 03:48 PM
JabbaJabba

I wonder if they had gotten a better price for Ryan if they had traded him one year earlier. Last season, especially playoffs weren't so great for Bobby, maybe it affected his value a bit.

Anyway, trading Bobby sucked, I always liked him and the whole RPG -line when it was the best. However, recently he didn't have chemistry with anyone, maybe for short periods of times but otherwise he was frustrating to watch.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 03:55 PM
nvn

He was gone in an year anyway. We got a good assets for him...so no.

nvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

No. Like Bobby as a player and seems like a decent guy but am high on Silf, Noesen, and the pick. He is eventually going to get paid big and I'd rather have Perry and Getz be our big money forwards rather than have Bobby and lose one of the twins. His inconsistency was really the issue. Great flashes of brilliance though. This is probably the same thing everyone else has said but I guess that speaks volumes in itself.

Montanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Teemu Salami
Waiting 4 Regression

I agree with everyone besides the one voter. It's just a better team without him with less of an incoming big contract and trade rumors hanging over everyone's heads. I appreciated him when he was here but I don't really miss him that much despite loving to keep up with his stats and stuff. Maybe winning helps me answer this as no but I don't think that matters, we're deeper with more spread out cap space. Getting younger was good for us.

I'm a pretty big Silfverberg supporter, was devastated for the first couple of hours after the trade until I realized what we got back was actually better then it looked at first glance.

Teemu Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Silf is still adjusting. He's not going to be as skilled as Bobby, but you have to love how hard he works in the defensive zone. Great backchecker too.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 04:38 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

honestly? it hasn't paid many dividends for us at the moment silf has had his moments but 6 goals is disappointing, i know he got hurt but i expected more

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Teemu Salami
Waiting 4 Regression

It's almost like you have to be patient with young players. Especially one with a great release and above average 2-way game.

Old
01-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu Salami View Post
It's almost like you have to be patient with young players. Especially one with a great release and above average 2-way game.
Madness.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:27 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
honestly? it hasn't paid many dividends for us at the moment silf has had his moments but 6 goals is disappointing, i know he got hurt but i expected more
eh. with silf you have to look beyond the numbers. he's a lot different than bobby in that aspect, even if hes not going offensively he is never a liability on the ice. hes pretty solid defensively and he backchecks pretty hard.
Also iw ouldn't even say his numbers are that bad, he's on pace for 43 points right now while being solid defensively. and he's also been getting bumped around a bit from the lines because he's pretty versatile as a player which is a good thing.

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Yemeth

No, we got a great return for him, even if the 1st round pick would be a low one. Just had the bad luck that both traded players had injuries. Also he would get (and deserve) a bigger paycheck in his next contract and he would surely not sign it with the Ducks.

Still, if we would switch places in the league standings with the Sens I doubt the voting would turn out this way .

Any way, I think that Ryan wanted to get it over with so it was better that he was traded.

I think that the Ducks should have a Ducks type of player they want, everyone else is not wanted. So if you do not fit the Duck mold, someone better should take your place.

What is much better this year that legitimate NHL talent can be benched and/or sent to the AHL. Remember when we got scored against and there was a lazy backchecker and later we saw it was Etem . Even someone hard working as him can take a shift of, so it is great that you have this motivational thing "someone else will take over if you are not going to give it all".

Yemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

No chance. I think Bobby was a bad fit here. The return we got was great but getting rid of the drama was PERFECT.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:38 PM
El Zilcho
Still mighty

I would not. Silfverberg is an awesome piece in the return, his goal scoring hasn't been as good as it should be given his release but it's still his second season. He has an underrated playmaking ability too, there are nights where he makes the second line run. He's also great on the penalty kill and is great defensively. Even if he stayed as a 40-50 point player with his defensive game, that's a pretty solid piece. I hope Noesen can rebound from this injury. He has all the tools to be at least a solid third liner. Noesen-Rakell-Etem is the Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano line of the future.

El Zilcho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Nordic*

Started the same poll on Ottawa's boards, in case you're interested.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1591465

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Everyone's happy. Perfect example of how trade is mutually beneficial

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Teemu Salami
Waiting 4 Regression

I wouldn't expect them to want it back. They still got a 30 goal 65 point winger in his prime. Everyone is happy.

Old
01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
El Zilcho
Still mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu Salami View Post
I wouldn't expect them to want it back. They still got a 30 goal 65 point winger in his prime. Everyone is happy.
This. It was a good hockey trade, both teams are winners (at least at this point in time, we'll see what happens with Ryan re-signing and the fate of Noesen/The first rounder).

El Zilcho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:20 PM
UnknownAvenger

Regardless of what happens with Noesen and the 1st, it is a win for Anaheim from a financial and team stand-point; and with youngsters stepping up and the depth and team concept, you don't notice Bobby's gone at all (except maybe a few less highlight reel goals).

Even when RPG was dominating, Ryan never fit with them; he had enough talent to adapt to their cycle style, but IMO he's always a better "off the rush" guy.

The day the trade was announced, I thought we could have found better value but wasn't sad to see him go. Now, the value seems solid given the pick *could be* a high one and Silf fits our system - agree he doesn't have chemistry yet a he's juggled quite a bit.

UnknownAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:51 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

I am giving Silf a free pass for this year.

He has been playing on either the 4th line with a struggeling winger or on the shutdown line.
He has only had a couple games in an offensive role, without time for any chemistry.

My wish for Silf is more PP time, I would love to see him on the second unit in the high slot, I think the team needs to let him shoot more with such a great shot.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Once Selanne retires and Silf gets some PP time, I think he'll really turn it on. I don't understand why he's not with MP, those two seemed to have great chemistry at the start of the year.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Exit Dose

Why are people talking about Silf like he was a fully developed player that's in a slump? He was from the same draft as Palmieri, in other words, he's still a young player under development. The Ducks weren't expecting him to jump in and be a consistent scorer right off the bat.

Old
01-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Why are people talking about Silf like he was a fully developed player that's in a slump? He was from the same draft as Palmieri, in other words, he's still a young player under development. The Ducks weren't expecting him to jump in and be a consistent scorer right off the bat.

His last season in the SEL, especially during the playoffs, he was amazing. I haven't seen him at that level in NHL. And it's not only due to better opposition, he just looks far less confident and timid. If he can get his groove back, combined with finding linemates with good chemistry, he can become a great offensive threat while being also being solid defensively.

Imagine peaked Louie Eriksson, but with a far better shot.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
His last season in the SEL, especially during the playoffs, he was amazing. I haven't seen him at that level in NHL. And it's not only due to better opposition, he just looks far less confident and timid. If he can get his groove back, combined with finding linemates with good chemistry, he can become a great offensive threat while being also being solid defensively.

Imagine peaked Louie Eriksson, but with a far better shot.
It's going to take him a bit of time to make that adjustment as it is with Palmieri making the move from the AHL. The level of play is still a significant jump.

Hampus is more of an outlier in that regard, but I think that a few fans see his transition as the norm.

Old
01-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

2 of the 3 votes in favor of undoing the trade are Sens fans. The third one seems to have no particular affiliation.

There's also 4 Ducks fans voting for undoing it on the Sens poll. Oh man.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote