HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hickey on Hockey: Diazís days with Canadiens are numbered

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2014, 05:47 PM
  #51
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,764
vCash: 500
ah man if Diaz is walking that means we're not trading Markov.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
  #52
No More Subban
Registered User
 
No More Subban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,440
vCash: 500
YEEEESSSS! Thats what Im talking about!

Baby steps, Bergy. Baby steps. Letting Diaz walk is a good start to fix your mistakes.

Just no more extensions (except Subban/Markov).

Imagine our roster next year w/o Gionta, Bouillon, Murray, Diaz, Bourque, maybe Briere and DD.

Im excited.

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
  #53
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
Imo Diaz is much better than Bouillon/Emelin/Murray, and pretty much on par with Markov at this point (which isn't saying much of course). Letting him go considering the state of our defense would be a mistake. I hope no one thinks we'll make the playoffs with Pateryn-Tinordi-Beaulieu all in the lineup next year.

Getting rid of young players has hurt us in the past, let's not coninue the trend.

And I truly hope we aren't giving Markov $5M+ next year...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:15 PM
  #54
EveryDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
Gorges-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz

Pateryn/Drewiske

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:19 PM
  #55
MD thaivuN
Anime Music Hipster
 
MD thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 470
Get rid of Diaz before 3 worser defensemen. Sounds legit.

MD thaivuN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:25 PM
  #56
drivefor25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
I prefer...
Beaulieu-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Tinordi-Pateryn

drivefor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:33 PM
  #57
JusticeBeaver
wuba luba dub dub!
 
JusticeBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
In an ideal world brolieu, tinner, and greg graduate next year and Diaz is kept as depth.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:37 PM
  #58
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I've been pushing for a Diaz trade since the beginning of the year because he's actually tradeable. If they let him walk for nothing it will be really bad management. Actually if he's not traded very soon it will be bad management, because otherwise why not just play him? His trade value is falling by the game.
Same here, but that value has now vanished.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 07:56 PM
  #59
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Diaz is playing much better than Emelin, Murray and Bouillon. Trading him now would make our defence even worse. I'm not really a fan of getting rid of Diaz unless we get a valuable asset.

Diaz is actually competent in his own zone, unlike almost all of our defence right now.

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 07:59 PM
  #60
IceDaddy
Registered User
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Greenfield Park Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Gorges-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz

Pateryn/Drewiske
There will be a trade or they will sign someone in the summer. They wont go into next season with 3 rookies on defense....also where is Markov?

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:01 PM
  #61
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges
 
Lady Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ursa Minor Beta
Country: United States
Posts: 78,499
vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian General View Post
I'm far from the biggest Diaz fan but there's no way he should be scratched over Crankshaft or Cube. What a joke.

#FireTherrien
My thoughts exactly. Diaz isn't that great of a player, but considering the alternatives? Let him play please.

Lady Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:08 PM
  #62
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 13,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Imo Diaz is much better than Bouillon/Emelin/Murray, and pretty much on par with Markov at this point (which isn't saying much of course). Letting him go considering the state of our defense would be a mistake. I hope no one thinks we'll make the playoffs with Pateryn-Tinordi-Beaulieu all in the lineup next year.

Getting rid of young players has hurt us in the past, let's not coninue the trend.

And I truly hope we aren't giving Markov $5M+ next year...
Lets pray that it doesn't get to that point at all and they trade him. Keeping him will be a BIG mistake. Didn't like the last contract and sure as hell wont like the new one!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:13 PM
  #63
Jrham15
Registered User
 
Jrham15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,016
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
There will be a trade or they will sign someone in the summer. They wont go into next season with 3 rookies on defense....also where is Markov?
Markov is on the decline trade him before people realize. He's getting older every game and you can tell he's being used to much.

Jrham15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:27 PM
  #64
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,121
vCash: 500
Diaz > Emelin

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
  #65
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,764
vCash: 500
I wonder how much of our D looking like a mess is on Daigneault. Diaz seems to have gotten worse and so is Emelin.

I think JJ should be replaced or have his contributions assessed properly. Our personnel isn't THIS bad.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:43 PM
  #66
yoyo999
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
If Diaz is traded, what do you guys we would get in return? I say a mid-round pick or another expiring contract that just sits in the press box.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:45 PM
  #67
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Diaz > Emelin
Right now he is. Yes.

That's why Therrien has him on the bench.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:45 PM
  #68
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,775
vCash: 500
For everyone taking shots at Emelin, do remember that he missed all camp and the fist part of the year.

Look back and you'll see whenever a player misses camp, much loss a huge chunk of the season and was not able to skate the whole time, they almost without exception have bad years. It's not an indication of Emelin regressing etc it's that he's behind the 8 ball and won't likely get into the full swing of things until later in the season.

I'd be really surprised if he didn't kill it next year. By all accounts, he's ridiculously dedicated and works his ass off. Diaz is nowhere near as good as Emelin.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
  #69
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 500
Diaz is the 4th best dman on this team

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 11:09 PM
  #70
Apoplectic Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Apoplectic Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PraiseMT.FeelBetter?
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,990
vCash: 500
Diaz sitting is just one of many reasons Therrien has to go.

The team STINKS right now and the coach continues to stay the course. Repeating something that is proven failure is actions of a man that has lost it or never had it.

Why would you even try having Emelin on his proper side and go with two right defenseman. It can't get any worse then what we currently see

Apoplectic Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 11:24 PM
  #71
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
Gorges and Emelin can play right side. Patteryn, Dietz and Ellis in Hamilton are all righties. Thrower in Vancouver, too. Nygren, too.

And they can trade for one or sign one on the UFA market.
Emelin can't play the right side.

Whatever. A shame. Diaz was ****ing excellent at the beginning of last year. Aggressive puck movement, sharp passes, and aggressive movement on the PP. I was getting really excited by his play.

Then: Boom, Concussion, welcome to the NHL. Followed by the disaster Eller pass.

Can't let him walk though. My new rule: No FA walks for nothing. Henceforth known as the SOURAY RULE.

He can fetch a second I think. Do it.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:54 AM
  #72
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Still don't understand why he's scratched with Murray in the lineup...
Because Diaz is SOFF. Whereas Murray, who is big, physical, blocks shots, and clears the crease, is obviously a great defensive defenseman.

(Obviously, Diaz is the superior defensive defenseman by a lot. It's utterly insane that he doesn't play on a team hurting for RDs, and this kind of personnel misuse is a significant part of why the Habs suck.)

Diaz is the kind of player a good GM fleeces from a bad GM. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergevin let him walk and replace him with a worse player. It'd be a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:57 AM
  #73
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
For everyone taking shots at Emelin, do remember that he missed all camp and the fist part of the year.

Look back and you'll see whenever a player misses camp, much loss a huge chunk of the season and was not able to skate the whole time, they almost without exception have bad years. It's not an indication of Emelin regressing etc it's that he's behind the 8 ball and won't likely get into the full swing of things until later in the season.

I'd be really surprised if he didn't kill it next year. By all accounts, he's ridiculously dedicated and works his ass off. Diaz is nowhere near as good as Emelin.
Emelin is honestly nothing special. He's only popular because he's one of the few dmen who's actually physical. Apart from that. I think he's average at best. So is Diaz...but I think Diaz has played better. I think Emelin can improve which is why I'm not too hard on him.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:58 AM
  #74
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Because Diaz is SOFF. Whereas Murray, who is big, physical, blocks shots, and clears the crease, is obviously a great defensive defenseman.

(Obviously, Diaz is the superior defensive defenseman by a lot. It's utterly insane that he doesn't play on a team hurting for RDs, and this kind of personnel misuse is a significant part of why the Habs suck.)

Diaz is the kind of player a good GM fleeces from a bad GM. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergevin let him walk and replace him with a worse player. It'd be a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised.
We do need a big physical presence who can clear the net, but not at the expense of being able to play hockey.

I love the dimension that Murray brings (argued that we've needed it for a while) but he's slow to the play and he's basically a pylon. If you can't play defense effectively, then those other skills are useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Emelin is honestly nothing special. He's only popular because he's one of the few dmen who's actually physical. Apart from that. I think he's average at best. So is Diaz...but I think Diaz has played better. I think Emelin can improve which is why I'm not too hard on him.
Rusty, injury, playing on his off side... I really hope that he looks better next year. Still think we should've waited to see before signing him for four years.

Would you give him a four year deal now based on how he's played? I'd be hesitant to do this. He doesn't look good out there.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:02 AM
  #75
beaverBFP
Registered User
 
beaverBFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
I'm actually confused as to why they keep sitting him. If you're going to trade him then wouldn't some ice time help with that? If you're not trading him wtf is he doing dans les estrades instead of bouillon or murray?!

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.